03-08-2021, 02:13 PM   #41
M3_Dust
Michelin Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardM3 View Post
Man, I can't believe the prices you guys have gotten. Maybe it really depends on mileage too, as well as year of manufacture.

My dealer was not able to give my any extended warranty at all other than powertrain after my CPO ended last year. They also said they don't sell any other 3P warranties.

I talked to my buddy who has owned some Bentleys & Ferraris, & he recommended Endurance. I was able to get coverage from them, but it's quite a bit more than what you guys paid. I got 5 years, 100K additional miles, bumper to bumper, $100 deductible. $6400 though. My car is a 2015 with 46K miles, so while this is expensive, so will the next 50K miles be as far as maintenance, etc.

Benefits: I pay it monthly at like $167/month, got $300 off the initial price, and it also covers all recommended maintenance except tires until I get to 147K miles. So all oil changes, filters, plugs, etc, etc. that may come up is completely covered. They also pay the dealer directly, so I don't have to worry about being the middle man and submitting claims. Figure between all the electronics that can go wrong and all the recommended maintenance on these X5 50i cars, I should do ok in the end - and it's transferable and I can cancel with a pro-rata cost.
That's actually a very good deal with all of the maintenance covered and the term is a lot longer. You'll make money off that warranty if you keep the car long term.
Appreciate 0