United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce View Post
They took everything out and it looks good. Looking into ceramic coating. What's a good price?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russmov View Post
Quote:
Picked up a very slightly used 2018 majestic black service loaner for 23% off msrp. Dealer detailed it, I drove it 400mi home (while having fun). My wife took it to a "nice" car wash place and their spinning brush put a huge streak of micro scratches down the side.

I upgraded from a 2009 accord, needless to say I was pretty ticked off. They are buffing the whole car tomorrow, hopefully it comes out.
That's why you never take it to a car wash that uses brushes. If you are in a pinch go touchless, but even that isn't a great idea. Should try and hand wash it yourself, or have someone reputable do it for you.
On a positive, so long as the brushes didn't get through the clear it should buff out easily.
We live in Minnesota so we need somewhere to go in the winter. I'd wash it myself but there aren't any do-it-yourself places around us and I sometimes need to wash once a week. We thought this place would be good but obviously not.

I grew up washing my own cars with my dad. He was pretty obsessed and would wash them every weekend and wax at least once a month in the summer. I don't ever remember one of his cars being rusted, except for an old chevette he had for 200k miles.

How do your guys hand wash? Foam cannon and blow off with a leaf blower? I am trying to minimize swirls on the black
Ya YouTube is your friend for this one. So many videos of ways to properly wash your car. I recommend obsessedgarage. Been following him for years and he's legit. Dudes actually OCD so he covers everything from wash mits to cleaning products to ceramics. Check out his channel.

And ya your probably gonna drop over $1000 for the ceramic to pay someone. Paint correction alone is gonna run several $100s
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0