Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJRPA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod81 View Post
So I had the HR VTF kit for my X5 with airbags (I had issues with that kit since day one and the ride was absolutely horrible) I replaced them with the Eibach springs which BTW are a 100% improvement over the VTF I lost about .5" in hieght but 100% BETTER than the VTF kit...that is the last time I buy a suspension product from HR...

ANYWAY I had to buy the Eibach's for the normal X5 which came with 4 springs no adjustable links for the rear as that kit isn't sold in the states for some reason...after reaching out to HR to buy a set of their adjustable links they quoted me 100.00 PER LINK so there was no way in hell I was paying that much for a component that does nothing but tell a sensor how much the airbags should inflate or deflate. So I went online and looked about a way to make my own...

Here are the parts I used...

Amazon
uxcell CS8, Rod End Ball Bearing with Stud, M5x0.8mm Carbon Steel Right Hand 4pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0742976BG..._SUFnDbT9DTS4E

Home Depot
2 M5-0.8 x 80mm Machine Screws (cut them to 1.5" long and obviously didn't need the heads)
4 M5-.08 Hex Nuts
1 Pack of #10 Stainless Washers

Total time to make them was like 10 mins, it cost me 15.00 vs 200 from HR or 100 from off brands online...

Hope this helps someone.
Question, why didn't you use the H&R links with the Eibach Springs in the front? I just got the VTFs too and not happy with the ride, might wait it out and see how it runs on non run flat tires .
I got my set from Ben and we had issues with the newer VTF kit they kept binding because they now come with a plastic part that used to be made of of another material...long story short when I would make a turn the spring would bind and make a loud clunk. I gave Ben the set back and he swapped out the set for the Eibachs and they don't come with links.

The VTFs are some of the worst riding springs I've ever used on any car I've ever had, I read nothing but bad things about just the spring kit not the VTF kit but after using the VTFs for 2 months then moving to Eibach it's like night and day to be honest I wouldn't recommend the VTF period.
I'm having the same issue, thanks for the clarification. Just hate to pay the labor again for the swap but might be worth it.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13020.50