BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #419
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
It acts as if 6NS isn't coded, but odd that Office now shows. I don't have one to test, so maybe someone who has coded their 6NS can comment is the have support for second phone and Bluetooth Browsing.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #420
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Speeeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
It acts as if 6NS isn't coded, but odd that Office now shows. I don't have one to test, so maybe someone who has coded their 6NS can comment is the have support for second phone and Bluetooth Browsing.
Some good news. After trying for the 10th time, all the sudden the option of 'Telephone 2' showed. I am now able to have both phones connected at the same time.

Iphone is phone 1, and Samsung is phone 2. Both have audio enabled.

In the Multimedia 'external connections' window, it only shows 1 phone at the same time though. Not sure if both should show there at the same time. But maybe it's meant to be like this.

-

Regarding browsing the audio options via bluetooth, they still do not show. Only via USB. Any idea if I might be missing some other options which have to be coded?

Big thanks so far for all your help MUCH appreciated
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #421
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboon View Post
Some good news. After trying for the 10th time, all the sudden the option of 'Telephone 2' showed. I am now able to have both phones connected at the same time.

Iphone is phone 1, and Samsung is phone 2. Both have audio enabled.

In the 'external connections' window, it only shows 1 phone at the same time though. Not sure if both should show there at the same time. But maybe it's meant to be like this.

-

Regarding browsing the audio options via bluetooth, they still do not show. Only via USB. Any idea if I might be missing some other options which have to be coded?

Big thanks so far for all your help MUCH appreciated
Is Bluetooth Browsing missing on Samung phone too? On these phones, you need to go into Bluetooth options and make sure all profiles are enabled, If AVRCP 1.4 is not enabled on phone, you will not get Bluetooth Browsing.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #422
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Is Bluetooth Browsing missing on Samung phone too? On these phones, you need to go into Bluetooth options and make sure all profiles are enabled, If AVRCP 1.4 is not enabled on phone, you will not get Bluetooth Browsing.
Yes, not showing browsing options for neither phone. Iphone 6 has AVRCP 1.4 support though, so should work no problem I think.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #423
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, not showing browsing options for neither phone. Iphone 6 has AVRCP 1.4 support though, so should work no problem I think.
Support and Enabled are not necessarily the same thing.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 11-16-2014 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #424
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Yes! Got it working. Finally

Problem was that I didn't have any "normal" music on my phone, but only stored podcasts.

I added 1 song to my phone, now all options showed up for bluetooth music streaming (also for podcasts).

Before I was only trying it via podcasts, which played, but had no extra options.

Sollution found

Big thanks shawnsheridan for your help today!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 11:44 AM   #425
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Good deal.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #426
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

@shawnsheridan, thanks for helping out buddy. This is really helpful for people that get stuck in similar situations .

@mrboon, glad you got it working. Sorry I couldn't help you out earlier, had a busy day.
      11-17-2014, 12:20 AM   #427
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboon
Yes! Got it working. Finally

Problem was that I didn't have any "normal" music on my phone, but only stored podcasts.

I added 1 song to my phone, now all options showed up for bluetooth music streaming (also for podcasts).

Before I was only trying it via podcasts, which played, but had no extra options.

Sollution found

Big thanks shawnsheridan for your help today!
Mrboon. I coded this on my F15 a while back. You can have 2 phones connected at the same time, however, only one can stream at a time. Only one will be able to do phone and audio while the other can do phone only when both are connected at the same time. You did everything right. Just add the 6NS and VO code HU_NBT. That's all. Then you have to remove all bluetooth devices and re add them. And then configure them like Shawn said. Now for text messages to show up, go to the bluetooth menu on your phone, look for your last 5 of your vin. Hit info incon on the right. Check and make sure "show notifications" and "sync contacts" are checked on. Now whenever you're in your car and someone texts you an envelope icon will appear on your idrive. Now you can use Siri hands free and ask her to read your new texts. Then she'll give you the option to reply if you want. To get emails to show up, after your in your car and the phone is connected, double tap the home button and close the mail app that's running in the background. If it's not running in the background go ahead and click on the mail app after your phone has connected to your car. Now emails will show up and they can be read to you. Keep in mind, the idrive will only alert you of messages received while connect to your car. If you received a message before you get in your car, it won't display it after you connect to your car. You also have 2 mics, 1 on each side of the car. They both got activated when you VO coded NBT. Hope this explains all you can do with the 6NS. A quick side note. All the directions I gave are for an iPhone. I have no clue about the Galaxy.
      11-17-2014, 12:28 AM   #428
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Mrboon. I coded this on my F15 a while back. You can have 2 phones connected at the same time, however, only one can stream at a time. Only one will be able to do phone and audio while the other can do phone only when both are connected at the same time. You did everything right. Just add the 6NS and VO code HU_NBT. That's all. Then you have to remove all bluetooth devices and re add them. And then configure them like Shawn said. Now for text messages to show up, go to the bluetooth menu on your phone, look for your last 5 of your vin. Hit info incon on the right. Check and make sure "show notifications" and "sync contacts" are checked on. Now whenever you're in your car and someone texts you an envelope icon will appear on your idrive. Now you can use Siri hands free and ask her to read your new texts. Then she'll give you the option to reply if you want. To get emails to show up, after your in your car and the phone is connected, double tap the home button and close the mail app that's running in the background. If it's not running in the background go ahead and click on the mail app after your phone has connected to your car. Now emails will show up and they can be read to you. Keep in mind, the idrive will only alert you of messages received while connect to your car. If you received a message before you get in your car, it won't display it after you connect to your car. You also have 2 mics, 1 on each side of the car. They both got activated when you VO coded NBT. Hope this explains all you can do with the 6NS. A quick side note. All the directions I gave are for an iPhone. I have no clue about the Galaxy.
So 2 Mics are there by default for all F15s just not activated? That makes the 6NS option by the dealer truly a ripoff since that was the main reason for anyone to get 6NS aside from the included phone dock.
      11-17-2014, 12:36 AM   #429
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Yep, I thought I was paying $500 for an additional mic and the cradle. Neither was I worried about having. However, when I got my car I noticed it had the 2nd mic like my 535 that has the factory 6NS. Then after I coded it I went through NBT and the 2nd mic was aktiv and the code that states whether you have one or two mics said two. So I'm glad I kept the $500 in my pocket.
      11-17-2014, 12:49 AM   #430
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yep, I thought I was paying $500 for an additional mic and the cradle. Neither was I worried about having. However, when I got my car I noticed it had the 2nd mic like my 535 that has the factory 6NS. Then after I coded it I went through NBT and the 2nd mic was aktiv and the code that states whether you have one or two mics said two. So I'm glad I kept the $500 in my pocket.
That's great news. Many thought it wasn't there. I hope everyone considering a new F15 reads this thread before buying that option.
      11-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #431
possib1edoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I am about to buy a 2015 X5...is there a certain option I need to get in the car to enable video in motion?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #432
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by possib1edoc View Post
I am about to buy a 2015 X5...is there a certain option I need to get in the car to enable video in motion?
Just 609 Nav Pro, and then you can code it.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #433
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the details explanation Helps a lot!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #434
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Would it be possible to code 'Bmw online services'?

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #435
OuKEnFoLdMX
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

well guys coding starts, and problems uhmm! well i could connect at first attemp, and the first thing i do was saving the cafd files but this is what it happend.

but i still backup all the other files except this 3 error ones.

for adding 6NS i only added and thats all right? and this is have to be first before fdl coding right?

maybe the dealer program wrong the ACSM module.

Last edited by OuKEnFoLdMX; 11-17-2014 at 10:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #436
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboon

View post on imgur.com
It's possible. You'd have to send me your cafd file for HU_NBT and let me compare to mine to see what needs to be enabled.
      11-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #437
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuKEnFoLdMX View Post
well guys coding starts, and problems uhmm! well i could connect at first attemp, and the first thing i do was saving the cafd files but this is what it happend.

for adding 6NS i only added and thats all right? and this is have to be first before fdl coding right?

I think you need a more up to date set of psdzdata files, I had similar issues after my F15 was updated recently.

@ShawnSheridan or @R33 should be able to point you in the right direction.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #438
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
I think you need a more up to date set of psdzdata files, I had similar issues after my F15 was updated recently.

@ShawnSheridan or @R33 should be able to point you in the right direction.
This is possible, @OuKEnFoLdMX what version of ptz's do you have? You can compare it with others here.
      11-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #439
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@OuKEnFoLdMX, looks like you don't have the correct database.
What version is your PSdZdata?
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #440
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

View post on imgur.com
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=755779, this should help you. still, send @skalberti your cafd of your HU_NBT to compare in case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuKEnFoLdMX View Post

As others have stated, it looks like you are not using an up to date PSDZData file. It needs to be 50.0 or higher. The latest I believe is either 54.0 or 55.0. PM @r33 or @shawnsheridan for the latest files.