Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
It's not their module. It's like every other company out there. China makes it and they sell it to all these foreign companies who slap their price tag on it. Just like the android units and companies like 4x4.

It's not any different. Save the money.

And it installs exactly the same as the wired units. Just a big box that you have to fit behind the head unit and plugs inline to the main wire harness. Super simple install.

They are not the first wireless solution either.
I know it's not theirs. Again the only reason to buy from them is if the warranty is important. I to will be getting it off the Alibaba.com, I'm always open to new stuff. Just happy I don't have to buy the id6 anymore to get the wireless car play.
Why didn't you buy one of the other wireless units then?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 08:45 PM   #24
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's not their module. It's like every other company out there. China makes it and they sell it to all these foreign companies who slap their price tag on it. Just like the android units and companies like 4x4.

And it installs exactly the same as the wired units. Just a big box that you have to fit behind the head unit and plugs inline to the main wire harness. Super simple install.

I know it's not theirs. Again the only reason to buy from them is if the warranty is important. I to will be getting it off the Alibaba.com, I'm always open to new stuff. Just happy I don't have to buy the id6 anymore to get the wireless car play.
I didn't buy this unit yet. But from what I heard it's one of the better ones. I'll just order the one from the other websites but also interested a group buy that others have said!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 03:23 AM   #25
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't buy this unit yet. But from what I heard it's one of the better ones. I'll just order the one from the other websites but also interested a group buy that others have said!
Mine is already on the way! I got it for 380 shipped including all taxes.

If anyone is interested in a group buy, I have the joyeauto sales representative Whatsup number. I will see how much more he can discount.. please write your names!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 08:26 AM   #26
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post

If anyone is interested in a group buy, I have the joyeauto sales representative Whatsup number. I will see how much more he can discount.. please write your names!
When you receive it, would you please share some details on how it is installed? Afterwards, I may be interested in the group buy.
      07-11-2019, 08:30 AM   #27
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Quote:

When you receive it, would you please provide some details on how it is installed? Afterwards, I may be interested in the group buy.

I think this video is more than sufficient. I will post my experience about how it works tho!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #28
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When you receive it, would you please provide some details on how it is installed? Afterwards, I may be interested in the group buy.

I think this video is more than sufficient. I will post my experience about how it works tho!
I've watched that video three times and there is nothing on there that explains where the module is installed at. All it shows is just some features and how to navigate it using the menu button and idrive knob and steering wheels.
      07-11-2019, 08:40 AM   #29
KCTiger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Have you watched 2:30 through 14:14? Some of it is sped up but that portion of the clip seems to provide some good info but perhaps our opinions will differ.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #30
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've watched that video three times and there is nothing on there that explains where the module is installed at. All it shows is just some features and how to navigate it using the menu button and idrive knob and steering wheels.
The placement of the Carplay unit is not that important. You can put it anywhere where theres space left/right of the NBT unit...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 10:17 AM   #31
Guntherpdx
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 3.5i Msport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

interested in a group buy so put me down If you can organize one
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 10:23 AM   #32
mrod81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Put me down please
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #33
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Okay guys will do!

1. Guntherpdx
2. Mrod81

I will probably wait till I receive mine and experience it first hand. It will take about a week, then I will start negotiation with the seller! So if anyone is interested, please add your name to the list and post it again..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 12:44 PM   #34
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

1. Guntherpdx
2. Mrod81
3. -C-
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #35
eggyacid
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

I'm interested in this as well... I just want to make sure of few things before I commit to a group buy

Wireless or wired option
- this is the same unit on the other thread right?
No auto 360 camera, no steering wheel control, separate mic (won't use mic already in the car) and backup camera may not work 100%...

I'm interested in the wireless option. I just want to make sure it's the same unit or does this unit solved all above issues.

Current Ride
- 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- 2014 X5 xDrive35 M
- 2013 ML-350 (Gone)
- 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (Gone)
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #36
anki
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Azurite F15

Keep in mind there are things you'll miss while in carplay mode, I was the first to install joyeauto wireless carplay here, and I have posted a lot of issues I have, features I miss, things I cannot do, on the other thread.

I still use it everyday, its not a perfect solution but its not bad either.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 02:31 PM   #37
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggyacid View Post
I'm interested in this as well... I just want to make sure of few things before I commit to a group buy

Wireless or wired option
No auto 360 camera, no steering wheel control, separate mic (won't use mic already in the car) and backup camera may not work 100%...

I'm interested in the wireless option. I just want to make sure it's the same unit or does this unit solved all above issues.
Bimmer retrofit said steering wheel controls work.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #38
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

1. Guntherpdx
2. Mrod81
3. -C-
4. Jeff

I will do a full review once I have the unit..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 06:24 PM   #39
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

1. Guntherpdx
2. mrod81
3. -c-
4. eggyacid
5. DeeO
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 06:38 PM   #40
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
Keep in mind there are things you'll miss while in carplay mode, I was the first to install joyeauto wireless carplay here, and I have posted a lot of issues I have, features I miss, things I cannot do, on the other thread.

As far as audio taking a hit when wireless, I also note a difference on my stock system going from Bluetooth to wired.

Is it on par with that?

My other car has apple CarPlay as well and theirs a defined difference going from wireless to wired connection as far as sound quality.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 06:43 PM   #41
anki
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Azurite F15

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post

As far as audio taking a hit when wireless, I also note a difference on my stock system going from Bluetooth to wired.

Is it on par with that?

My other car has apple CarPlay as well and theirs a defined difference going from wireless to wired connection as far as sound quality.
I have keys 6,7,8 set to switch audio to Bluetooth, USB and CarPlay, lol. It's hit or miss and Spotify tries to be over smart as well in deciding where to play songs if everything is connected.
It is a pain in butt but it is what it is. Take it leave it.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #42
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Wireless or wired option

Joyauto and unichip said lots of things too. Doesn't mean it's true.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 09:23 PM   #43
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wireless or wired option

Ok the guy just posted that his steering wheels controls work with this unit. They didn't at first because of bad installation. You don't need to be a turd in the punch bowl man.

I'm not an idiot and realize that. I've spent thousands with bimmer retrofit in the past and they have always been truthful with me. And helped me through issues with their product when something came up. So I'll take their word for it. If it doesn't work to plan I will return it.

Also some units can look the same with different software so sometimes their systems can work better than others due to one companies programming over another. Not saying that's the case here but I've have units that are of same design but are running different code and things just plain work better.

Don't understand why people always have to be a dark cloud sometimes.
Appreciate 1
MM198422.50
      07-12-2019, 10:13 PM   #44
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wireless or wired option

Ok the guy just posted that his steering wheels controls work with this unit. They didn't at first because of bad installation. You don't need to be a turd in the punch bowl man.

I'm not an idiot and realize that. I've spent thousands with bimmer retrofit in the past and they have always been truthful with me. And helped me through issues with their product when something came up. So I'll take their word for it. If it doesn't work to plan I will return it.

Also some units can look the same with different software so sometimes their systems can work better than others due to one companies programming over another. Not saying that's the case here but I've have units that are of same design but are running different code and things just plain work better.

Don't understand why people always have to be a dark cloud sometimes.
Aww it's ok. If you can't appreciate someone's actual experience with these types of products who literally just ran a GB on similar product 2 months ago, ok. It's not a dark cloud. It's simply a fact. These companies promise a lot and don't always deliver.

But hey if you prefer responses that only make you happy and feel good about life then I hear Subaru forums are great for that. Full of people really in touch with their emotions and what not.

'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0