11-22-2014, 06:53 PM   #485
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
AUTO HIGH BEAM ASSISTANT (5AC) WORKS! @atomic80 just needed his car to sleep a bit longer (I mentioned this in my videos that some coding takes longer than others to show up/function ). The knob must be in Automatic for the little green High beam A icon to show up. Just updating everyone with LED lights that have high beam assist.

Is this for 6WB owners? Or did you guys lose the function after coding something?
      11-22-2014, 07:52 PM   #486
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Is this for 6WB owners? Or did you guys lose the function after coding something?
6WB owners. There are no issues. 5AC is auto high beam assistant, which was in his car before for his LED lighting package. He just needed to let the car sleep for it to refresh the Kombi/Cluster and register that it was there. I'm not sure if he had it set in Auto in the first place.
      11-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #487
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydchoe View Post
Looking at the cheat sheet, I have a couple of questions before I actually make the changes.

1. What is difference between "Open/Close Window via Keyfob" and "Open/Close Window via Key"?
2. To enable "Open/Close Side Mirror", do I also do "** Also needed for Window via Keyfob or CA"? (note I don't have Comfort Access)

Thanks.
1) No difference, he just didn't keep the same wording.
2) You have to do all 3 of those to code it correctly whether you have Comfort Access or not. It's the code for both. The same code applies for both (keyfob and CA).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemi View Post
Just want to say thanks to Opasha and others for this thread.

Got my cable yesterday, installed the free token with E-Sys and watched Opasha's hands on tutorial video then coded my X5 this afternoon. Completely painless because of the work you guys put in already.
Happy to help and glad it went smoothly for you. I think it was @hyde who kept reminding me to make videos, haha. I'm glad I did .
      11-23-2014, 05:04 AM   #488
millz
Rep
Drives: 2015 - x5 35d

Hey,

Small question, I picked up my new BMW x5 35d -M sport package, will be taking pictures later this week and putting them up - I was wondering if the mirrors are suppose to fold by it self once you press lock button or is that an extra feature or something I'll have to code or some type of setting I need to enable?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 05:05 AM   #489
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
You need to code it.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 05:56 AM   #490
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by millz View Post
Hey,

Small question, I picked up my new BMW x5 35d -M sport package, will be taking pictures later this week and putting them up - I was wondering if the mirrors are suppose to fold by it self once you press lock button or is that an extra feature or something I'll have to code or some type of setting I need to enable?

Cheers!
As Shawn said, it must be coded:

Last edited by opasha; 11-23-2014 at 06:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #491
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

I seriously need to compile all the codes in one place . @r33 - I think tonight is the night where I just sit down and do it. My apologies for not having it done yet. Today, after two straight coding sessions, I realized how necessary it is to have the coding list and some new codes added to the cheat sheet.

@sirajkas, @Trojanlaw, it was a pleasure speaking to you both .

Also, everyone, I helped @sirajkas with the new free Token Solution. I have it, so PM me if you need to download it. It works beautifully. All you have to do is install ESYS correctly and leave the est section alone. Then you simply install and open up the ESYS Token Solution Premium Program and direct it to C:\Data, create your own pin/password and confirm it by typing it in again. From now on, there will be a new icon - the Red/Blue ESYS on your computer. That is the one you will use every time. It automatically generates and saves the token for you in the right location called FreeToken.est. So, if you try to use the regular Blue ESYS (it won't allow you to "edit fdl"). However, the Red/Blue ESYS will bypass and enter in all the correct files for the .est solution and take you straight into a working ESYS. I just helped @sirajkas fdl code everything with this free token solution. It works great. A big thank you to Token Master for it.

Last edited by opasha; 11-23-2014 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 3
      11-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #492
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

OP updated with my download link for Token Master's free token solution launcher. Only download it if you don't have a token yet or need one when your current one expires. Thanks .
      11-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #493
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OP updated with my download link for Token Master's free token solution launcher. Only download it if you don't have a token yet or need one when your current one expires. Thanks .
I tried that (I don't have a token) but something doesn't look right. My computer LCD has been acting up since my 4 year old stepped on it, (we finally know what's Thinkpad X series' weakness is, kids stepping on it) but I think the part with the launcher. Do I need to completely uninstall my previous installation?
      11-24-2014, 12:52 AM   #494
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I tried that (I don't have a token) but something doesn't look right. My computer LCD has been acting up since my 4 year old stepped on it, (we finally know what's Thinkpad X series' weakness is, kids stepping on it) but I think the part with the launcher. Do I need to completely uninstall my previous installation?
No, you don't need to uninstall ESYS unless you are upgrading to a newer ESYS. Do you have Team Viewer? Let me help you.
      11-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #495
OuKEnFoLdMX
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

@opasha do you know some code to make air condition off everytime i start up the engine?

and do you remember when you code my car, you save a SAT.xml, does necesary that everytime i make fdl coding of any cafd file, i save and rewrite that sat file? or that files its only have the coding for FA,?

i will try to take video tonight and see if i have VLD and anti dazzle systems on my led and see if they works.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #496
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by millz View Post
Hey,

Cheers!
Not sure about Canada but here in the UK they do fold up from the factory when using wither the fob or comfort access but you have to hold down the button for about 3 seconds to make it happen. Coding allows you to reduce this delay to a fraction of a second so they fold every time you lock the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #497
OuKEnFoLdMX
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
Not sure about Canada but here in the UK they do fold up from the factory when using wither the fob or comfort access but you have to hold down the button for about 3 seconds to make it happen. Coding allows you to reduce this delay to a fraction of a second so they fold every time you lock the vehicle.
well here mexico , the only way i can fold the side mirrors was with the key hold the lock button for 3 seg, but when i code the KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN from 2 segs to 1 seg, only changing that, my mirror start folding and unfolding automatic, when i lock they fold when i unlock they unfold.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #498
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuKEnFoLdMX View Post
@opasha do you know some code to make air condition off everytime i start up the engine?

and do you remember when you code my car, you save a SAT.xml, does necesary that everytime i make fdl coding of any cafd file, i save and rewrite that sat file? or that files its only have the coding for FA,?

i will try to take video tonight and see if i have VLD and anti dazzle systems on my led and see if they works.
Hey buddy. Yes, the code for that is this:

IHKA / 3002 / MEMORY_OFF / nicht_aktiv to aktiv. The Air Conditioning will remember if ‘Off’ or ‘On’ from previous shutdown.

IHKA / 3002 / MEMORY_UMLUFT / nicht_aktiv to aktiv. This will remember the Air Re-Circulation Setting from previous shutdown.

You don't ever need to save the SAT.xml. That is automatically used every time you read your FA since it was the "last saved FA." This only needs to be saved, edited, and re-used/replaced, when you are making any changes to your FA (adding or deleting things like 6WB, 6NS, 8S4, etc.). For regular fdl coding (cheat sheet coding), you do not need to do anything except READ FA, ACTIVATE FA, READ ECU, READ CODING DATA, EDIT FDL, SAVE LITTLE BLUE DISK ICON, CODE FDL - this is the process for fdl coding.
      11-24-2014, 04:34 PM   #499
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, you don't need to uninstall ESYS unless you are upgrading to a newer ESYS. Do you have Team Viewer? Let me help you.
Thanks for the generous offer as always. I wanted to give it another try before bothering you, and I did that today. Finally I got it launched with E-Sys 3.24.3 - Secured by TokenMaster. Next time I will just use E-Sys Launcher Premium.

This means I am good! It says to create a strong PIN, I created something simple, is that unsafe? After all we will be using this privately, nobody can see it anyway, right? I confirmed PIN works by trying Edit FDL in the system without connecting to car, and it accepted the PIN.

I have a question about the video you added on 1st post. After he modifies SAFD, before coding FDL, he goes Load FA "FaListSample" and goes into FA x0101 (active) only then he goes into Code FDL, then he resets the filter and reads again. I guess that part is to confirm it's been coded properly. Then he disconnects, and connects using Pathway/URL instead of VIN and he is able to code again (code it back to Region 2). The only part that's new to me is the FaListSample.xml part. Isn't FA (Vehicle Order) supposed to come from the car by using Read instead of Load?

Also, Code FDL was available before he loaded the xml. What happens when you hit Code FDL without reading the FA?
      11-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #500
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the generous offer as always. I wanted to give it another try before bothering you, and I did that today. Finally I got it launched with E-Sys 3.24.3 - Secured by TokenMaster. Next time I will just use E-Sys Launcher Premium.

This means I am good! It says to create a strong PIN, I created something simple, is that unsafe? After all we will be using this privately, nobody can see it anyway, right?

I have a question about the video you added on 1st post. After he modifies SAFD, before coding FDL, he goes Load FA "FaListSample" and goes into FA x0101 (active) only then he goes into Code FDL, then he resets the filter and reads again. I guess that part is to confirm it's been coded properly. Then he disconnects, and connects using Pathway/URL instead of VIN and he is able to code again (code it back to Region 2). The only part that's new to me is the FaListSample.xml part. Isn't FA (Vehicle Order) supposed to come from the car by using Read instead of Load?

Also, Code FDL was available before he loaded the xml. What happens when you hit Code FDL without reading the FA?
No problem at all. You guys never bother me. If I am busy, I will let you know and schedule something that works for both of us .

The pin is only for you to remember. No one can steal it unless you give them your .est file and correlating .jar files. This is the nice thing about the Token Launcher program - it generates it's own specifically for your own computer/car. Both are safe. I've tested and used both. People have even given me and used the same password I use. Amongst us members, trust is pretty sacred from what I have seen. I only help and never touch anyone's files - that's why Team Viewer sessions I do are live and on the phone with people I chat live describing everything I am doing before changing things. This way you learn and I teach (making me faster every time I code ).

Ok, so there are two ways to code. One is via url (using your computer's IP so someone can remotely code for you without you having the ESYS software). They code from their computer. I don't recommend this way because 1) you learn nothing 2) it can get disconnected based on your connection to the other person's computer and if coding gets interrupted halfway - it can mess things up. When I do Team Viewer coding, it's using access to your computer and using your own ESYS and your own TOKEN and your own FILES. So everything is YOURS for your X5. Does that make sense? I find this safer, and you can code yourself later after learning.
Also, the FA is only needed for FA changes. When you read your car, it will always use the last FA that was already there (the sample FA) or the latest FA you saved to make changes like 6NS - the video tells you to make a new one called SAT. You can name it whatever you want and even delete the past FA example list one.

With regards to coding fdl. You MUST activate it in order for it to work, otherwise it will not write to your vehicle. I don't know what other people are doing or what steps they are skipping. Follow my instructions. I've learned from one the best coders on the forums, @shawnsheridan; I have read many coding threads of ALL BMW F-series vehicles to find codes that work and don't work for our F15. You can trust me as many on this forum already do .

Let me know if you have more questions.
      11-25-2014, 12:50 PM   #501
Trojanlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboon View Post
Some good news. After trying for the 10th time, all the sudden the option of 'Telephone 2' showed. I am now able to have both phones connected at the same time.

Iphone is phone 1, and Samsung is phone 2. Both have audio enabled.

In the Multimedia 'external connections' window, it only shows 1 phone at the same time though. Not sure if both should show there at the same time. But maybe it's meant to be like this.

-

Regarding browsing the audio options via bluetooth, they still do not show. Only via USB. Any idea if I might be missing some other options which have to be coded?

Big thanks so far for all your help MUCH appreciated
I am having the exact same issues you were having and do not have a second phone options anywhere. How did you get that option to finally appear?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #502
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Quote:
As Shawn said, it must be coded:

Hi Opasha, my car didn't come with comfort access, but I do have the option to automatic folding mirrors. To enable that feature, I just have to keep the "lock" button pressed a few seconds and it works... are you talking about the same feature?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 02:19 PM   #503
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinBimmer View Post
Hi Opasha, my car didn't come with comfort access, but I do have the option to automatic folding mirrors. To enable that feature, I just have to keep the "lock" button pressed a few seconds and it works... are you talking about the same feature?
Yes. However, for many of us, this is not possible without coding. Also, you can code yours to lock instantly without holding it by just tapping the lock button on your keyfob. That's what the 0F to 00 code is for.
      11-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #504
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M4

A while back someone gave me the code to make angel eyes 100% brightness. Can't find that post anymore. May someone tag me if you know it. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #505
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine330 View Post
A while back someone gave me the code to make angel eyes 100% brightness. Can't find that post anymore. May someone tag me if you know it. Thanks
I've coded all of them and they don't work on the F15. We had a discussion about it as well. The individual brightness coding for the Halos does not exist in our F15 coding stucture. If it does, they are about 5 different names and we don't know which does what so it's more complicated and not worth coding to figure it out. You run the risk of screwing up your lighting if you do something wrong.

Here is the code for halo brightness on our F15 (does not do anything):

BDC_BODY/3066/HELL_LICHTR_LICHTNOTL/change Werte=08 to Werte=00

Here is the actual proper coding for the Halo Brightness with the Headlights on:

FEM_BODY/3062 MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_1/ change 8 to 32 (50%) or 64 (100%) - this code changes Angel Eye Brightness when left headlamp is on.

FEM_BODY/3062 MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL_1/ change 8 to 32 or 64 - this code changes Angel Eye Brightness when right headlamp is on.

FEM_BODY is BDC_BODY for the F15.

This coding was taken from a 3 series coding thread. I have looked for it and the coding in the F15 starts like this with about 5 numbers going downward: MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_1
      11-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #506
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine330 View Post
I've coded all of them and they don't work on the F15. We had a discussion about it as well. The individual brightness coding for the Halos does not exist in our F15 coding stucture. If it does, they are about 5 different names and we don't know which does what so it's more complicated and not worth coding to figure it out. You run the risk of screwing up your lighting if you do something wrong.

Here is the code for halo brightness on our F15 (does not do anything):

BDC_BODY/3066/HELL_LICHTR_LICHTNOTL/change Werte=08 to Werte=00

Here is the actual proper coding for the Halo Brightness with the Headlights on:

FEM_BODY/3062 MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_1/ change 8 to 32 (50%) or 64 (100%) - this code changes Angel Eye Brightness when left headlamp is on.

FEM_BODY/3062 MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL_1/ change 8 to 32 or 64 - this code changes Angel Eye Brightness when right headlamp is on.

FEM_BODY is BDC_BODY for the F15.

This coding was taken from a 3 series coding thread. I have looked for it and the coding in the F15 starts like this with about 5 numbers going downward: MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_1
Got cha! Appreciate it. I thought the first code you mentioned worked for the led headlights! Funny how some people claim it works though
Appreciate 0