Quote:
Originally Posted by fr_tz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Quote:
As I understand it you don't need adapters if you run M5 rotors. Easy way to find out to be 100% is to pop a wheel off and detach the caliper and test fit with oe bolts.
You can tell just by looking at these calipers that they won't bolt on without adapters. Hard to explain but the bolts on these go straight in to the caliper rather than horizontally across the caliper (perpendicular to the wheel hub).
You are correct. He's actually missing the bracket entirely. Looks like they sent it without it. So yes he would need the oem adapter. But that oem M5 adapter should bolt up to the X15. Tronik sells one on eBay as well to connect to F15.
Now I'm really confused..my sets are missing a bracket plus I'll need an adapter or one or the other?

Can you show me what the caliper bracket you're referring too? I went on getbmwparts and their diagram only details a complete caliper without identifying the individual components. Looks like I'm missing some screws on the caliper itself. I do have the pins
Ya you'll have to get the bracket from eBay. The adapter is the bracket. By adapter simply saying the bracket may need to be special to fit the X5 vice an M5 which I don't think is needed

Thanks ..I'm going to see if my seller still has the original bracket. One good thing is that the fronts cleaned up quite nicely. Don't even need to powdercoat them. Practically perfect other than the fading M. I'm going to see if tronik can match them before sending out my rears.
Oh you bought these from Tronik in Russia! That's awesome. I've been wanting to do the rear calipers forever but they want a pretty penny for them.

Ya he should have definitely sent the bracket.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #530
fr_tz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90/G05 50e

Garage List
2024 G05 50e  [9.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
As I understand it you don't need adapters if you run M5 rotors. Easy way to find out to be 100% is to pop a wheel off and detach the caliper and test fit with oe bolts.
You can tell just by looking at these calipers that they won't bolt on without adapters. Hard to explain but the bolts on these go straight in to the caliper rather than horizontally across the caliper (perpendicular to the wheel hub).
You are correct. He's actually missing the bracket entirely. Looks like they sent it without it. So yes he would need the oem adapter. But that oem M5 adapter should bolt up to the X15. Tronik sells one on eBay as well to connect to F15.
Now I'm really confused..my sets are missing a bracket plus I'll need an adapter or one or the other?

Can you show me what the caliper bracket you're referring too? I went on getbmwparts and their diagram only details a complete caliper without identifying the individual components. Looks like I'm missing some screws on the caliper itself. I do have the pins
Ya you'll have to get the bracket from eBay. The adapter is the bracket. By adapter simply saying the bracket may need to be special to fit the X5 vice an M5 which I don't think is needed

Thanks ..I'm going to see if my seller still has the original bracket. One good thing is that the fronts cleaned up quite nicely. Don't even need to powdercoat them. Practically perfect other than the fading M. I'm going to see if tronik can match them before sending out my rears.
Oh you bought these from Tronik in Russia! That's awesome. I've been wanting to do the rear calipers forever but they want a pretty penny for them.

Rears are from Tronik..I got the fronts off of a seller on eBay. Response I got from the seller is that M5 caliper bolts directly to the spindle on studs. No bracket. I guess I can call BMW to validate but it looks like I'll need an adapter regardless. Hopefully I can have Tronik throw them in for cheaper than advertised.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #531
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rears are from Tronik..I got the fronts off of a seller on eBay. Response I got from the seller is that M5 caliper bolts directly to the spindle on studs. No bracket. I guess I can call BMW to validate but it looks like I'll need an adapter regardless. Hopefully I can have Tronik throw them in for cheaper than advertised.
Not surprised hopefully it works out. When do you get the calipers?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 10:47 AM   #532
fr_tz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 G05 50e  [9.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not surprised hopefully it works out. When do you get the calipers?
2-3 weeks which I'm okay with since I won't fit them until Spring.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 10:50 AM   #533
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Ya you better jump on this. Last one left.
Attached Images

'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #534
KillFox91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X35i

Anyone know the correct numbers for splash shields for M brakes?

34-11-6-857-979 looks like front left

34-11-6-857-980 looks like front right

34-21-6-857-982 looks like it might be left and right for the rear?

Also anyone have the part number for the m rotor screw?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #535
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillFox91 View Post
Anyone know the correct numbers for splash shields for M brakes?

34-11-6-857-979 looks like front left

34-11-6-857-980 looks like front right

34-21-6-857-982 looks like it might be left and right for the rear?

Also anyone have the part number for the m rotor screw?

Thanks!
They're fine.

Put them into getbmwparts and they show you.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2019, 08:06 PM   #536
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Regarding the vibration issue, dose this look normal? its on both of the calipers..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 08:23 PM   #537
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Regarding the vibration issue, dose this look normal? its on both of the calipers..
You mean the fact that you don't have any pins or your clip lol. Ya that's a problem and your source of the vibration!

Take it by the dealer ASAP and get those parts.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 08:29 PM   #538
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You mean the fact that you don't have any pins or your clip lol. Ya that's a problem and your source of the vibration!

No off course I took those out to clean them.. I mean the rusting on one side!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 11:13 PM   #539
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

Quote:
Nah that’s not a problem.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #540
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Damn. Was hoping it was that easy. But the rust is just cuz that's the outside of the rotor. I.e. closer to the environment.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2019, 03:18 PM   #541
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Shot in the dark but is the face of your wheel hub and the back of your wheel's mounting plate super clean? Might help to hit all four with a wire brush?
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594150.50
      02-17-2019, 05:02 PM   #542
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Shot in the dark but is the face of your wheel hub and the back of your wheel's mounting plate super clean? Might help to hit all four with a wire brush?
Yes they are... I think that will cause vibration regardless of braking or not.

I getting fed up with MPBK I will remove them and install the original brakes. Hopefully the problem will go away.. then I will rebuild the MPBK.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #543
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I getting fed up with MPBK I will remove them and install the original brakes. Hopefully the problem will go away.. then I will rebuild the MPBK.
Would rebuilding them have anything to do with vibration? If anything I would think it would only help the actual stopping power.
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #544
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Would rebuilding them have anything to do with vibration? If anything I would think it would only help the actual stopping power.
Maybe they are sticking a little bit... I noticed recently that the car moves to one side while braking.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 07:31 PM   #545
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe they are sticking a little bit... I noticed recently that the car moves to one side while braking.
I guess you can clean them up and see how they act.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 08:25 PM   #546
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess you can clean them up and see how they act.
Yup, thats the plan. I dont know what else to do really.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #547
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
If you have the car on hoist already, maybe you could simulate same conditions with wheels in air and see if there will be vibrations visible on front or rear? i mean start the car, put it in D, accelerate till needed speed and then apply brakes (assuming it's safe to do and car is secured on hoist). There's no way you wont' see what vibrates - unless it's indeed suspension (due to car been oh hoist) - then we at least will know it's not brakes.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2019, 09:44 PM   #548
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Quote:
If you have the car on hoist already, maybe you could simulate same conditions with wheels in air and see if there will be vibrations visible on front or rear? i mean start the car, put it in D, accelerate till needed speed and then apply brakes (assuming it's safe to do and car is secured on hoist). There's no way you wont' see what vibrates - unless it's indeed suspension (due to car been oh hoist) - then we at least will know it's not brakes.
Thanks for the tip.

The vibration comes in speeds above 75 miles. Literally when I first lean on the brakes (you know that gap before the actual brake force), so If I just close that gap with my foot the car shakes violently, the harder I press the less shaking theres... :
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      02-18-2019, 07:06 AM   #549
fr_tz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 G05 50e  [9.50]
When swapping out your calipers did you guys change your brake lines as well? Any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 01:41 AM   #550
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

I have good news turn out there was something missing that caused the vibration! The primary suspect is this brake line holder. After installing this and turning the rotors... The brakes feels solid now!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Maverik2594150.50
DuSh2113.50