BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #881
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
Seriously!?! I have to do this. I cannot tell you how many times i go to put it reverse, and it bugs me about foot on brake. I think I depress the parking brake button too quickly, or right before I press the brake pedal.
I don't think anyone has attempted this on the F15 yet, so report back if you get it done successfully. Again, all the new codes I've found, I cannot test yet .
      01-04-2015, 03:53 PM   #882
pdawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 XDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
I don't think anyone has attempted this on the F15 yet, so report back if you get it done successfully. Again, all the new codes I've found, I cannot test yet .
Once my wife gets back with the car the first thing I'm going to try is the multiband EQ.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 03:57 PM   #883
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Once my wife gets back with the car the first thing I'm going to try is the multiband EQ.
I mentioned this in another thread on fest because someone inquired about it. It may not work at all because I believe you have to have the necessary hardware (we are missing the AMP for this setting). However, try it out and report back .
      01-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #884
pdawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I mentioned this in another thread on fest because someone inquired about it. It may not work at all because I believe you have to have the necessary hardware (we are missing the AMP for this setting). However, try it out and report back .
We shall C! I know in the older cars this was possible regardless of hardware.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 08:13 PM   #885
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Hi opasha and everyone else,
Just came back from Coding Session 2 and did a lot more. It turned into a circus of warning messages and error codes, some as serious as telling me stop driving and to call service center, I guess it was part of coding process as the only thing it left me with was reset EQ, time and reset trip computer.

I remember reading somewhere about setting the time manually instead of auto, was that before or after coding or was it for something specific?

When I tried code the VLD, I noticed the value in

BDC_BODY/3073/LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y/F015_ohne_AFS
Change to: F015_mit_AFS ...is actually a whole lot more than just this, I have all these:

Do I change all _ohne_'s to _mit_'s? Is this because I have LEDs?

Also, like you said, Open/Close Window via Keyfob and Close Window via Comfort Access were already aktiv as default in my X5.

Also HUD Turn Signal works beautifully.
Editing all others in Window/Mirror enabled mirrors to fold instantly with keyfob! Nice! And Disclaimers are gone! Bye Bye nag-screen.
      01-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #886
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Hi opasha and everyone else,
Just came back from Coding Session 2 and did a lot more. It turned into a circus of warning messages and error codes, some as serious as telling me stop driving and to call service center, I guess it was part of coding process as the only thing it left me with was reset EQ, time and reset trip computer.

I remember reading somewhere about setting the time manually instead of auto, was that before or after coding or was it for something specific?

When I tried code the VLD, I noticed the value in

BDC_BODY/3073/LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y/F015_ohne_AFS
Change to: F015_mit_AFS ...is actually a whole lot more than just this, I have all these:

Do I change all _ohne_'s to _mit_'s? Is this because I have LEDs?

Also, like you said, Open/Close Window via Keyfob and Close Window via Comfort Access were already aktiv as default in my X5.

Also HUD Turn Signal works beautifully.
Editing all others in Window/Mirror enabled mirrors to fold instantly with keyfob! Nice!
The TRANSMITTER application is to clear your codes after.

Regarding Date/Time. This will ALWAYS happen with Kombi coding. You just go into your iDrive Settings>Date/Time and uncheck the Automatic Time box and Recheck it (so it resyncs - it will return to normal within seconds to minutes and the code will disappear).

Regarding VLD - you have to change it to whatever is related to F015_enable etc. That will give you the important Werte = 9C9C9C - this tells you it's activated.

If I were you, do all the window coding (some are aktiv and some are not - you will know by checking them) to guarantee that the side mirrors fold correctly with respect to timing and keyfob.
      01-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #887
JCJiffy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 xDrive35i M Sport

I was coding VLD and Enhanced Bluetooth (6NS) today, and accidentally chose ALL ECUs to be coded, instead of only BDC_BODY and HU_NBT, respectively.

Car showed a lot of warning messages, but everything drove fine and operated ok afterwards.

Have I done any harm to the electronics or codes? I am thinking that I likely just reset all ECUs and folders to their default settings?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #888
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJiffy View Post
I was coding VLD and Enhanced Bluetooth (6NS) today, and accidentally chose ALL ECUs to be coded, instead of only BDC_BODY and HU_NBT, respectively.

Car showed a lot of warning messages, but everything drove fine and operated ok afterwards.

Have I done any harm to the electronics or codes? I am thinking that I likely just reset all ECUs and folders to their default settings?
You'll be ok. Did you use Trasmitter to clear all the codes? All you did was reset to factory settings. The only issue is sometimes if you mess around or VO Code DME, you will get a CEL. That normally goes away on its own through driving or via clearing codes.
      01-04-2015, 08:39 PM   #889
pdawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

k just finished my coding session. Here's my notes:

The B&O menu didn't do anything. I noticed several Audio related options, especially related to "eq-set". I'm just wondering if the right combination of audio sets and variants in the 4 or so related audio settings will do the trick.....

I could not get Eco-pro Sailing option to come up. I did not have a DME module only a DME2 and the DME2 did not have the options listed in the cheat sheet.

Comfort access closes the mirrors without a 1.5 second hold. Pretty instantaneous.

The logo tach display seems to only either display M550d (x5 mid/high) or nothing (BMW/MPM). Did not bother to try the X6 setting.

The multiband EQ is my coding goal!!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 08:45 PM   #890
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
k just finished my coding session. Here's my notes:

The B&O menu didn't do anything. I noticed several Audio related options, especially related to "eq-set". I'm just wondering if the right combination of audio sets and variants in the 4 or so related audio settings will do the trick.....

I could not get Eco-pro Sailing option to come up. I did not have a DME module only a DME2 and the DME2 did not have the options listed in the cheat sheet.

Comfort access closes the mirrors without a 1.5 second hold. Pretty instantaneous.

The logo tach display seems to only either display M550d (x5 mid/high) or nothing (BMW/MPM). Did not bother to try the X6 setting.

The multiband EQ is my coding goal!!
Well done .

Here's the full ECO PRO SAILING coding. I just went over it with Trojanlaw , and the second ICM code doesn't exist.

HU_NBT
SAILING_COUNTER: aktiv [01]
EFF_DYN_SAILING: aktiv [01]

EGS
Segeln: aktiv [01]

ICM
C_Segeln_vorhanden: enable [01]
IcmKod_B_AuskuppelnOK: aktiv [01]

KOMBI
SEGELN_ENABLE: aktiv
      01-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #891
pdawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yes I have all those enabled. Still no dice.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 09:41 PM   #892
nyquistcondition
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Hoping to avoid this

Planning to code this week, thanks Opasha for the DL links.

Hoping to avoid a situation like this!

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 12:07 AM   #893
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
The TRANSMITTER application is to clear your codes after.

Regarding VLD - you have to change it to whatever is related to F015_enable etc. That will give you the important Werte = 9C9C9C - this tells you it's activated.

If I were you, do all the window coding (some are aktiv and some are not - you will know by checking them) to guarantee that the side mirrors fold correctly with respect to timing and keyfob.
Thanks for the reminder of Transmitter.

As for VLD, "F015_enable" is in C_AFS_ENA, but I am referring to LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y.

Cheat Sheet says default value should be "F015_ohne_AFS" but my default value is F015_ohne_AFS, F045_ohne_AFS, F056_ohne_AFS, I001_ohne_AFS, M013_ohne_AFS

This is why I didn't want to touch that. I couldn't tell if I am supposed to remove all those and replace it with F015_mit_AFS or keep everything else and replace only the first value.

Strike all above, Mat3333 confirmed here that they automatically change when you select, though his and subsequent screen shots show M013_ohne_AFS missing in their lists.
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=715

I know if I did VO coding, I wouldn't need to worry about that, and I can just come back and check this, but after all the FDL coding, honestly I don't want to go through all those again by losing them with VO coding. I am going to read back to VLD posts, maybe this is mentioned. I always assumed I'd do VO coding, but now that I did VLD, I will have to re-read some of those.

Yep, I did all window codes and folding works great!

Quote:
Was the top folder selected before you hit code FDL? How did that happen, please share so we/others can watch for that.

Like opasha said, I hope your car is all back to normal.
      01-05-2015, 12:39 AM   #894
JCJiffy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Was the top folder selected before you hit code FDL? How did that happen, please share so we/others can watch for that.

Like opasha said, I hope your car is all back to normal.
I say accident, but it was really my own doing. I misunderstood the instructions about coding ECU; I thought it meant to right-click the top folder named "ECUs". (I was using the PDF document from Aug 2013.)

The car is running normal and fine. There appeared to be no error codes that required clearing with the Transmitter.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 01:31 AM   #895
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

hyde , good stuff .

Quote:
I say accident, but it was really my own doing. I misunderstood the instructions about coding ECU; I thought it meant to right-click the top folder named "ECUs". (I was using the PDF document from Aug 2013.)

The car is running normal and fine. There appeared to be no error codes that required clearing with the Transmitter.
Yeah, by accident you VO Coded. That's what "Code" refers to when you right click an ECU folder. FDL coding only occurs when you hit the "Code FDL" button on the right - it involves no right clicking to code anything. Regardless, I would still run the Trasmitter app and Clear All DTCs if I were you.

Also, a reminder again for everyone. NEVER hit the button that says CODE DEFAULT VALUES (this is close to bricking your car - always leads to issues)
      01-05-2015, 02:58 AM   #896
charles521
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M50D

Quote:
None of this relevant for 6WB coding. Minimum needed is 3.24.3 - that is what I used when I coded mine. 3.26.1 is the latest and works perfectly fine without any issues. I suggest everyone upgrade to this if not already, but it makes no real difference. The latest PSdZData files are 54.2. Anything I send you will always be something that works so you don't have to worry.
Hi Opasha,

Would you please send me the download link for PSdZData files 54.2. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 02:59 AM   #897
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles521 View Post
Hi Opasha,

Would you please send me the download link for PSdZData files 54.2. Thanks!
PM sent .
      01-05-2015, 05:03 AM   #898
charles521
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
PM sent .
Many Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 08:33 AM   #899
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Many Thanks!
You're very welcome, Charles .
      01-06-2015, 01:58 AM   #900
JCJiffy
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yeah, by accident you VO Coded. That's what "Code" refers to when you right click an ECU folder. FDL coding only occurs when you hit the "Code FDL" button on the right - it involves no right clicking to code anything. Regardless, I would still run the Trasmitter app and Clear All DTCs if I were you.
I did Clear All DTCs, last line item option at bottom of Transmitter, as you advised just to be safe.

Dumb question but, does VLD require the rear-view mirror camera in order to operate correctly? I only have Driver Assistance Package and Surround View standalone, but not the Driver Assistance Plus.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 03:18 AM   #901
charles521
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
You're very welcome, Charles .
Hi Opasha,

I have tried to upgrade the PSDZdata by delete the old PSDZdata folder and copy the extracted folder to the c:\Data path, but when I load E-sys, the PSDZ version still stays at 5.0.1 not 5.4.2.

Would you please advice. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #902
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I did Clear All DTCs, last line item option at bottom of Transmitter, as you advised just to be safe.

Dumb question but, does VLD require the rear-view mirror camera in order to operate correctly? I only have Driver Assistance Package and Surround View standalone, but not the Driver Assistance Plus.
Good, and no dumb questions here. The VLD does not require the rear view camera. It is independent of all cameras because it relies on your road speed strictly for the low beams. Both the Bi-Xenon and LED Lighting packaged F15/F16 can have this coded without issues .
Quote:
Hi Opasha,

I have tried to upgrade the PSDZdata by delete the old PSDZdata folder and copy the extracted folder to the c:\Data path, but when I load E-sys, the PSDZ version still stays at 5.0.1 not 5.4.2.

Would you please advice. Thanks!
I can help you via Team Viewer (PM me your id and temporary pw). My advice is to make sure that the data folder was renamed to psdzdata.