BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-05-2020, 12:04 AM   #947
zozex
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 2014

Hi all,
My first msg here.
I get an infrequent issue it does not start and get fault msg 'Fuel System problem', when the mechanic checked there was fault code related to 'low voltage' non specific to part number.
2 years the car was flooded and most of the electronic parts were replaced with new ones, lastly I replaced the right fuel pump because of an error which did not fix the problem.
As I said it's infrequent and happens once every 2-3 weeks especially when the car stops for 1 hour.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 01:21 PM   #948
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
Originally Posted by khattakr View Post
Yes, reset literally gave no response.
blown fuse ?
      08-11-2020, 09:42 AM   #949
dashti640
Rep
Drives: F06

Hi,
i have a fault light for the "right-hand pedestrian protection sensor: coding data does not match equipement" that is the fault code from ISTA+. got a new sensor and instaled it but still was the same fault there. then i tried to code the ECU with E-Sys and with two try both failed only the second time getting a new fault message on the iDrive which says "Test-SW: Airbag-ECU cannot deploy" for few sec and the fault disappaers. is the ECU gone bad or did the coding wrong appreciate your help!
Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 09:55 AM   #950
gwes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashti640 View Post
Hi,
i have a fault light for the "right-hand pedestrian protection sensor: coding data does not match equipement" that is the fault code from ISTA+. got a new sensor and instaled it but still was the same fault there. then i tried to code the ECU with E-Sys and with two try both failed only the second time getting a new fault message on the iDrive which says "Test-SW: Airbag-ECU cannot deploy" for few sec and the fault disappaers. is the ECU gone bad or did the coding wrong appreciate your help!
Thanks
Can you initialize the sensor or new ecu in ISTA? What does it say you need to do when you calculate the test plan?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 10:06 AM   #951
dashti640
Rep
Drives: F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwes View Post
Can you initialize the sensor or new ecu in ISTA? What does it say you need to do when you calculate the test plan?
yes with ISTA I can initialize, delete errors, and calculate the test plan is to encode the sensor.
that where I tried to code the sensor using E-Sys but got those errors only the second attempt got that error which is saying NotExcutable and that other iDrive fault message come on now.
dont know what i have done wrong or whats wrong with the ECU
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 11:35 PM   #952
zozex
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 2014

Exclamation Low Voltage fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozex View Post
Hi all,
My first msg here.
I get an infrequent issue it does not start and get fault msg 'Fuel System problem', when the mechanic checked there was fault code related to 'low voltage' non specific to part number.
2 years the car was flooded and most of the electronic parts were replaced with new ones, lastly I replaced the right fuel pump because of an error which did not fix the problem.
As I said it's infrequent and happens once every 2-3 weeks especially when the car stops for 1 hour.
Thanks
One more thing when it do that (does not start) I just wait for couple of minutes and it works fine with no faults or error messages.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #953
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Looking for any guidance before I take this to the stealership so I have an idea of what to expect (or better yet, easy DIY fix like a blown fuse or something)...

Today I started the X5 F15 diesel; it started right up with no hesitation. I immediately was hit with some sort of battery warning, but couldn't read the message quickly enough because it was replaced by a new (amber, not red) message: "Brake system: Contin. driving possible."

My immediate gut reaction in the moment was low battery related because I often tie lack of power steering and power brakes to a dead battery, but I quickly realized I still had power steering, not to mention the car started up easily. Finally, unlike a dead-battery-no-power-brakes issue where you have to basically shove the brake pedal all the way to the floor to get max braking, here it was behaving differently:

With the car in "Drive" and merely idling forward, pressing on the brake pedal maybe an inch or two did absolutely nothing (when it normally would). But pushing it maybe another inch or two beyond that, and it suddenly would apply strong braking and the car would jerk to stop. It wasn't quite maximum braking like putting the pedal to the floor, but it was up there. I tried multiple times to see if I could slowly feather/press the brake so it would go from no braking to light braking and have the car come to a smooth stop, but I failed every time. It would always go from no braking to strong braking with a jerky stop.

I hoped a simple off and restart of the engine would just magically clear these errors but the brake message came right back (this time, without the previous battery warning).

Any ideas? I haven't driven the car in a couple days, but battery seems fine. Per obd it was a little over 14V while idling. I didn't notice any fluids or puddles of any sort underneath the car. The only change I can think of is that for the past 4 days or so it's been parked outside directly in the hot Texas sun. It's usually parked under a car tent in the driveway, but I had to take that down for Hurricane Laura.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 04:59 PM   #954
KingBiscuit
KingBiscuit
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 BMW X5x35i/'14 Lexus EX350

If these vehicles are not under warranty why are they being taken to dealerships?

Last edited by KingBiscuit; 08-31-2020 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 09:54 PM   #955
djrabbi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i

My car is going back tomorrow for 4th time now for blown plugs. Might get BMW NA involved if it happens again since my CPO is done soon
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 11:40 PM   #956
AychShake
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrabbi View Post
My car is going back tomorrow for 4th time now for blown plugs. Might get BMW NA involved if it happens again since my CPO is done soon
What the heck. Sorry to hear man. Looks like its luck of the draw if you get a good or bad 50i engine!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 12:58 PM   #957
KingBiscuit
KingBiscuit
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi all,
My first msg here.
Thanks
Flooded cars are a no-no. Destin to have electrical problems, get rid of it yesterday.
      08-31-2020, 12:59 PM   #958
KingBiscuit
KingBiscuit
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'd do it before your CPO is out.
      08-31-2020, 01:02 PM   #959
KingBiscuit
KingBiscuit
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi all,
My first msg here.
Thanks
Could also be a battery or a alternator starting to go out.... check the ground also.
      08-31-2020, 01:06 PM   #960
djrabbi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AychShake View Post
What the heck. Sorry to hear man. Looks like its luck of the draw if you get a good or bad 50i engine!
Car drives fine but always a slight vibration. I got BMW NA involved to keep my ducks in a row if something else is needed
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 11:11 AM   #961
sandrojet
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 N63TU

AUC Sensor

Hello,

I'm a new Bimmer owner, I bought a used X5 M-sport package with 53,000 mi. One previous owner, all the Maintenance was done on schedule at BMW. I bought an ODB II to check for codes since I've already experience the Engine Power Reduce Warning due to misfires. It only happened once so far. The seconde code I have is the: Automatic Air Recirculation Control (AUC) sensor line disconnection or short circuit to B+. Has anyone ever encountered this Failure?

Thank you,
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 03:59 PM   #962
djrabbi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Dealer couldn't replicate the problem I'm having so I might take it up with BMW NA.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 07:19 PM   #963
JMAN1111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 Black Fire X6M, F16 X6 50i

Quote:
Dealer couldn't replicate the problem I'm having so I might take it up with BMW NA.
Lazy techs at the dealers...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 08:39 PM   #964
djrabbi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN1111 View Post
Quote:
Lazy techs at the dealers...
Yeah def because I have T-Mobile sync up app and they literally drove it down the street and came back. Obviously you can replicate it if your stuck at a light
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 09:01 PM   #965
DenBel
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 50i, F13 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrojet View Post
Hello,

I'm a new Bimmer owner, I bought a used X5 M-sport package with 53,000 mi. One previous owner, all the Maintenance was done on schedule at BMW. I bought an ODB II to check for codes since I've already experience the Engine Power Reduce Warning due to misfires. It only happened once so far. The seconde code I have is the: Automatic Air Recirculation Control (AUC) sensor line disconnection or short circuit to B+. Has anyone ever encountered this Failure?

Thank you,
Most likely the auc sensor failed. It’s attached to the air cabin filter housing ( passenger side under rain tray)
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 09:44 PM   #966
turboawd
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Why does this thread exist? Car issues should be posted in main forum. This thread is a 40 page cluster, and doesn't help anyone who searches for issues.
Appreciate 3
      09-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #967
Kwbayer
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

AC problem

Last night I disconnected my battery’s in trunk.

I then took apart the from dash and radio reference a squeak. I fixed that.

Put everything back together, now my AC doesn’t work ( blows hot air only)

Doesn’t sound like the ac is kicking on at all.

Tried already the following:
Passenger footwell fuses. Didn’t see one blown but I could have been looking at the wrong ones. I don’t know if there are any other places with fuses that control AC system.

Now since i disconnected batter, do I need to do a reset? I made sure everything thing is re connected back to control panels three times.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 02:14 PM   #968
FlashedVirus0
BMW Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F16 50i

The A/C quits on my our 2019 X6 50i, and we receive a "drivetrain issue" "don't drive too hard" warning. It has been in the shop 5 times to be fixed for the same issue.

We've just had a newborn and this is our only car. I've been attempting to get BMW to buy it back to no avail. It is dangerous and irresponsible. This will be my last BMW.
Appreciate 0