BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

05-18-2021, 06:10 AM   #155
x5wntd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: f15 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googone20 View Post
Those can both be eliminated and capped off with factory caps. I just removed everything like that back to the original source, which is that main diverter. This diverter is where coolant splits 4-5 different directions. The caps for these are OEM block off caps, which snap over the open holes after the lines are removed. If I remember correctly you use three different sizes of caps, but 4 total block off caps to complete the job. Two of one size, and one of each of the other two.
thanks for the help. also you mentioned that 2 vacuum delete plugs are required. is it necessary? googled it and theres many different of those
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 06:12 AM   #156
x5wntd
Private
United_States
Rep

also sensors , what did you do with those?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 06:59 AM   #157
Khedge
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5wntd View Post
also sensors , what did you do with those?
The first one is a nox sensor and the other is an egt. You will not use those. I tucked the nox sensor up and out the way. And removed that egt sensor. You will only re use the o2 and another egr sensor that will be mounted up on the downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 08:06 PM   #158
x5wntd
Private
United_States
Rep

Any thoughts what to do with this line? Coming to the changeover valve so I'm not able just remove that EGR cooling circle?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 08:21 AM   #159
x5wntd
Private
United_States
Rep

Help needed
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 01:07 PM   #160
KnudsonM3
MAGA
Rep
Drives: 99 M3, F15, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googone20 View Post
Those can both be eliminated and capped off with factory caps. I just removed everything like that back to the original source, which is that main diverter. This diverter is where coolant splits 4-5 different directions. The caps for these are OEM block off caps, which snap over the open holes after the lines are removed. If I remember correctly you use three different sizes of caps, but 4 total block off caps to complete the job. Two of one size, and one of each of the other two.
Do you happen to have those part numbers?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 08:54 AM   #161
spaja
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandary View Post
I got my local mechanic to do the work. He said he does this alot but recommended hollowing out the scr, def and letting the coding disable the EGR. His rationale was that I will likely drive the X5 until it is dead and there's not alot of resellers North of Toronto for the parts. $600 cad. He also said the mufflers can stay in place to remove the whine because they are not so restrictive that soot will build up. This will also fool emissions testing since everything looks the same and they would only check for check engine lights if it can't back.

I opted for the dudmd stage 2 tune which was fast and the service is responsive. The application asked for cycling the engine during the remote setup but Dmitriy didn't tell me to. He just paused a few minutes and kept going. The power is better than my tuning box and the torque meter goes up to 560 now.

I'll keep you posted every once in a while as I get more mileage on my tune.
Could you share any update, report any issues? Any changes /observations with Regen cycles, SCR?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 02:26 PM   #162
KnudsonM3
MAGA
Rep
Drives: 99 M3, F15, F30

BUMP!

If anyone has done the swap can you please share what kit you used and any pertinent info needed for the swap?

IE, Down time, random parts/tools needed, where you ordered, what tune ect
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2022, 07:14 PM   #163
Baldy18F
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35D

So if one is to go forward with these improvements but lives in state with emission checks, is there a way around it?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 04:05 AM   #164
Jakesax
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 f15 M50d

Have a look at these guys!

Appreciate 1
      10-01-2022, 07:32 AM   #165
Carpe_Diem_14
Rep
Drives: X5 F15, 2014 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoM5 View Post

Finally, how are people removing the DEF mixing valve/injector? It has two coolant lines, the DEF line and a connector going into it. How are people plugging the connector on the car's harness and the DEF line? Are they just connecting the two coolant hoses together or do they get bypassed somewhere upstream on the engine?

Thanks in advance guys!
Can someone throw some light on the above question on what to do with the SCR injector?
Gut it is one solution, but not a reversible mod should it needs to be reversed to stock in the future. Any idea what to do with them?

For reference, just did the delete using Darkside kit from UK. EGR switched off via tuning (but was left on car). Dpf removed and Stage 1 tune. SCR stayed in the car, since the mechanic was not sure what to do with the injector, although the scr has been switched off via tuning. Have read this may cause clogg problems in the future?
Swirl flaps also deleted. Noise is somewhat louder when next to car, but not too much. Inside cabin I would say it is almost the same. There is some smell when on idle and standing behind car, but it is tolerable.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 12:35 AM   #166
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5wntd View Post
Any thoughts what to do with this line? Coming to the changeover valve so I'm not able just remove that EGR cooling circle?
Not sure if you got your answer.. I was told to cut it where I marked it for you with yellow and plug it up. No issues..

I got my plug for it from Darkside.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 12:38 AM   #167
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe_Diem_14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoM5 View Post

Finally, how are people removing the DEF mixing valve/injector? It has two coolant lines, the DEF line and a connector going into it. How are people plugging the connector on the car's harness and the DEF line? Are they just connecting the two coolant hoses together or do they get bypassed somewhere upstream on the engine?

Thanks in advance guys!
Can someone throw some light on the above question on what to do with the SCR injector?
Gut it is one solution, but not a reversible mod should it needs to be reversed to stock in the future. Any idea what to do with them?

For reference, just did the delete using Darkside kit from UK. EGR switched off via tuning (but was left on car). Dpf removed and Stage 1 tune. SCR stayed in the car, since the mechanic was not sure what to do with the injector, although the scr has been switched off via tuning. Have read this may cause clogg problems in the future?
Swirl flaps also deleted. Noise is somewhat louder when next to car, but not too much. Inside cabin I would say it is almost the same. There is some smell when on idle and standing behind car, but it is tolerable.
According to Darkside, you're supposed to use a connector they send you and remove both coolants lines from the Def Injector and plug them together.

I didn't do this as I removed all my EGR/SCR coolant lines and plugged the block.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 07:25 AM   #168
Carpe_Diem_14
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post
According to Darkside, you're supposed to use a connector they send you and remove both coolants lines from the Def Injector and plug them together.

I didn't do this as I removed all my EGR/SCR coolant lines and plugged the block.
Thank you sir. Would you have any photos from the plugged block??
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 07:35 AM   #169
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you sir. Would you have any photos from the plugged block??
What exactly are you asking for?

Also, the photo attacked is similar to the piece they send you (plastic barbed) to connect both injector coolant lines together.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 01:39 AM   #170
Carpe_Diem_14
Rep

I would like to remove the SCR as well (dpf has been removed, egr stayed but it is switched off). But my mechanic does not know what to do with the injector line of the SCR, thus he did not remove it. So, what did you do with the SCR injector once you have removed the SCR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post
What exactly are you asking for?

Also, the photo attacked is similar to the piece they send you (plastic barbed) to connect both injector coolant lines together.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 04:47 PM   #171
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I would like to remove the SCR as well (dpf has been removed, egr stayed but it is switched off). But my mechanic does not know what to do with the injector line of the SCR, thus he did not remove it. So, what did you do with the SCR injector once you have removed the SCR?
You have two options..

1) leave it in place and zip tie it somewhere in there, out of the way.

2) remove it, and use heat shrink to cover the DEF line.

I left mine in there, zip tied. It only has the def line connected to it. I removed all coolant lines.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 03:39 PM   #172
xsellr8ninmyX5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 35d M\\\ package

Any USA retailers where you can order downpipe midpipe and not wait 7+ weeks for delivery?
Would love to do this modification soon.
Have 153k miles and realizing I'm probably overdue.
Plan to go with Malone
https://tunezilla.com/catalog/BMW/20...7/Stage-2/4209
Just need the parts.
Thank for you help!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 04:33 AM   #173
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d M Sport Metallic Whit

Great thread - lots of good info. I’d like to address the DOC placement (I have a hollowed DPF and turned off EGR, SCR). Anyone now have experience with a DOC? Effectiveness? My sole complaint is the short term smell when cold - once the system is heated up the exhaust smells the same as before the delete and tune. DOC seems an ideal solution to smell and perhaps some environmental benefits but they also need to be hot to do their jobs I expect. Appreciate any follow up thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 07:42 PM   #174
mrrsharma@yahoo.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35D F15

Looks like the buzz can downpipe is off the market, probably cracking down on emission deletes…
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 03:49 PM   #175
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I have a DOC installed with my setup, you can still smell a little bit. That was my intent, hoping to cut down. I’m sure it’s possibly less than other who don’t, but you still smell it… hot or cold engine.

My setup does keep the noise down which is mainly what I wanted, sounds stock.. unless I step on it 😎

My Setup…
-Darkside EGR Delete components

-Rawtek F15 kit, w/ DOC and Resonator

-Tunezilla Stage 2, DPF, EGR, SCR (DEF/Adblue), and Intake Flap Deletes

The reason why I deleted was because my main EGR Cooler cracked. I caught it immediately and replaced it. Took the time to clean the complete system out. A few hours later after all the cleaned/replacement installs were done, it began giving me problems. So I said screw this 😑
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2023, 04:35 PM   #176
rmacgurn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X63.0D, 911C4S

Garage List
Exclamation which tunes have you tried?

hello I realize this is an old thread but I am now in stages of planning a tune and some upgrades to my F16 x6 3.0D euro version N57 O01 with M package. its stock at 255hp and 403ft lbs. wanting about 500 plus torque and 315 or more HP. when I bought car it had someones tune but the shifting was jerkey the put a lot of stress on the drivetrain. when I updated to latest ISTEPS it was wiped. car is smooth again but much slower in sport and sport+

First I looked at boxes from race chip and TDI but most see to agree that ECU tune is better and even better an ECU and trans tune.

I see really 3 afforable choices. DUDMD, which requires emission mods to get two stage 2 but its the cheapest.
Next AlienTech which requires the purchase of a Powergate 3 box and some tunes priced per tune. Lastly Ditupa another German firm specializing in Diesel tunes. They use an enet cable and iPad or iPhone to do it so you get the program all the tunes for 3 plus stages and the trans tune in a single purchase but they are over $500. Were l live we have no AlienTech dealers and buying the box used is a risk that its not usable on another car as they sell license per car vin. Ditupa offers tunes with a larger intercooler (Wagner or cheaper equivalent) and/or the emissions stuff with EGR delete and downpipes etc.

anyone on here can tell me their experience with any of these three and what other mods for the tune they made? I was thinking to try to get a group buy on Ditupa t0 get the price down if others interested. EGR code out is pretty easy and swap the intercoolers is a few hours and another $500-700.

please tell me your thoughts.

thanks
Richard
Appreciate 0