First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev_chu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehuman View Post
Hi,

I'm planning a road trip with X5. It will be about 5000 miles.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be okay and it might be even silly to ask such question. Since I had so many issues with my previous 328i. I thought I should ask.

Anyone had a long road trip with x5 before?

Any tips?
I did a pretty long road trip on my 50i with a buddy and I..very pleasant drive but gotten really tired and sleepy..so I handed the wheel over to my friend. He wasn't too familiar with bmw and a v8 engine..a little jerky and short stops gotten me nauseous..I took back over and went on! I rather be the driver not the passenger I've learnt.
I was in a situation where my 70 yo mother (who typically drives a hybrid Lexus) had to drive me home in my 50i. Bless her heart, it was hilarious.
Appreciate 1
Stev_chu108.00
      10-13-2020, 03:53 PM   #24
CLWalker
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

I went to Cabo San Lucas with my x5. It was about 3500 miles, and it was pretty ok. I read a lot of information before (https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/mexico/cabo-san-lucas/), about the road rules, safety, and much more, so be sure to be prepared. The trip was great and funny because I was with my best friend, and Mexico is a fun destination. I didn't have any issues with the car itself, and besides gas, I didn't do pretty much anything to it. I don't think you have something to worry about, so hit the road.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 05:05 PM   #25
IlliniX5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntp View Post
Before the long trip, just do a quick wash and apply spray-on wax on the car, specially the front. It will save your time washing off the dead bugs after the trip.
If you’re worried about bugs, fill a spray bottle with straight peroxide and get a microfiber towel. Spray on, wipe off...no more bugs.
Appreciate 0