10-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #199
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
I have PM'd you Token solution info.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #200
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I have PM'd you Token solution info.
Received, thanx!!!
Already replied-need more help/explanation as I am just trying to start with coding and you mentioned many words which I so not know
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #201
sbkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Thank you so much Opasha!
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #202
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Opasha, ebay seller is amazing, ordered friday night (I think) or Saturday, received the cable today. Only thing missing is my new X5.
My only problem is that Mega... I hit download, I leave and come back I can't see where it saved the file. It's frustrating.
      10-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #203
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsvrub View Post
Opasha

Want to buy token and tried to send message to guy which you mentioned in your initial message but somehow something wrong with e-mail.
Could you please tell me what is wrong???
I know Shawn already answered you, but as I mentioned in the OP, there are NO SPACES between his email id. You put spaces. That's why it didn't go through, lol. The forums don't let us post exact emails out of privacy concerns/rules, that's why I posted it the way I did. If we post an email, it ends up looking like this **************gmail.com or something similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkim View Post
Thank you so much Opasha!
You are most welcome .
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Opasha, ebay seller is amazing, ordered friday night (I think) or Saturday, received the cable today. Only thing missing is my new X5.
My only problem is that Mega... I hit download, I leave and come back I can't see where it saved the file. It's frustrating.
Awesome! Ok, I don't know if you have a Mac or a PC, but search for the file name in your computer. If you use Firefox: To set the default download location, click on orange Firefox button on the top left > options > options > General tab and then click on browse inside the Downloads box to select the location you want your downloads to be saved in.

I think this is usually the same folder where all your Downloads are located. You can just search for this location. Or, you can right click in your downloads window in your firefox, google chrome, or IE history (or safari, but not sure how Mac works) and right click to open file location.
      10-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #204
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post

Awesome! Ok, I don't know if you have a Mac or a PC, but search for the file name in your computer. If you use Firefox: To set the default download location, click on orange Firefox button on the top left > options > options > General tab and then click on browse inside the Downloads box to select the location you want your downloads to be saved in.

I think this is usually the same folder where all your Downloads are located. You can just search for this location. Or, you can right click in your downloads window in your firefox, google chrome, or IE history (or safari, but not sure how Mac works) and right click to open file location.
Sadly Mega uses it's own download client. It does not ask you where to save when you start downloading. It simply starts downloading and if I remember correctly it asks at the end.
I tried 4 times, no luck because I am not here when it completes. I will check again online to see how it works.
      10-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #205
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Sadly Mega uses it's own download client. It does not ask you where to save when you start downloading. It simply starts downloading and if I remember correctly it asks at the end.
I tried 4 times, no luck because I am not here when it completes. I will check again online to see how it works.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...5110041AAVYBqa.

That might help. Try using Chrome to download it and make sure you know where Chrome is downloading it to.

Supposedly, this works as well: http://megadownloaderapp.blogspot.co...s-english.html

Also, as I suggested earlier you can search for the file that was downloaded: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/975925
      10-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #206
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I know Shawn already answered you, but as I mentioned in the OP, there are NO SPACES between his email id. You put spaces. That's why it didn't go through, lol. The forums don't let us post exact emails out of privacy concerns/rules, that's why I posted it the way I did. If we post an email, it ends up looking like this **************gmail.com or something similar.
Regarding e-mail all clear, thanx!!!
My mistake, sorry for confusion.
Indeed Shawnsheridan really hoped me!!!
Thanx a loOot Shawnsheridan, he guided me through all process of installation!!!
And I can tell now that I made connection with the car!!!
It is already progress for me!!!
I was excited doing this!

But still have some problems!!!
May be you, Shawnsheridan or somebody else can help me, otherwise for me it is difficult!!!:roll eyes:
Have following problem:

Wanted to do following change in the car(as per instruction from first page)

4) Auto Start Stop OFF by Default in Comfort Mode: Comfort mode should remember your last setting when you turn off your car, but I hate this feature (especially after reading a while back how it may create more wear and tear on the engine in city driving with lots of lights/stop signs). I also don't use it in Eco-Pro but this code won't turn it off in Eco-Pro mode because it's supposed to maximize fuel efficiency by turning off the engine. It is located in BDC_Body>3026:

TC_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF: nicht_aktiv to aktiv

However something I did wrong as was not able to find folder "BDC_Body>3026"
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #207
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep

I did connection with the car(as described in instruction) than went to "Expert mode" and pressed button "coding".
But as mentioned was not able to find folder"BDC_Body>3026", where I should do coding for auto start/stop.
Any idea what I did wrong???
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #208
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Regarding e-mail all clear, thanx!!!
My mistake, sorry for confusion.
Indeed Shawnsheridan really hoped me!!!
Thanx a loOot Shawnsheridan, he guided me through all process of installation!!!
And I can tell now that I made connection with the car!!!
It is already progress for me!!!
I was excited doing this!

But still have some problems!!!
May be you, Shawnsheridan or somebody else can help me, otherwise for me it is difficult!!!:roll eyes:
Have following problem:

Wanted to do following change in the car(as per instruction from first page)

4) Auto Start Stop OFF by Default in Comfort Mode: Comfort mode should remember your last setting when you turn off your car, but I hate this feature (especially after reading a while back how it may create more wear and tear on the engine in city driving with lots of lights/stop signs). I also don't use it in Eco-Pro but this code won't turn it off in Eco-Pro mode because it's supposed to maximize fuel efficiency by turning off the engine. It is located in BDC_Body>3026:

TC_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF: nicht_aktiv to aktiv

However something I did wrong as was not able to find folder "BDC_Body>3026"
Did you do below steps?

Read FA -> Right click on FA and Activate -> Read ECU

then you will see all the ECU in the left below box. There you will have BDC_BODY.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #209
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...5110041AAVYBqa.

That might help. Try using Chrome to download it and make sure you know where Chrome is downloading it to.

Supposedly, this works as well: http://megadownloaderapp.blogspot.co...s-english.html

Also, as I suggested earlier you can search for the file that was downloaded: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/975925

Thanks, I totally forgot I had the Mega add-on, which was required for Firefox a while ago whenever you wanted to download a large file, and I noticed I chose Desktop as my default Mega folder.

http://i.gyazo.com/1d16c34072859079e3768265706d13a1.png

I found them sitting there on desktop! LOL. That's not even my default download folder for my usual stuff.
      10-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #210
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Is there a code to make Sport mode default without having to select it every single time? Or can it be a profile setting?
      10-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #211
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I did connection with the car(as described in instruction) than went to "Expert mode" and pressed button "coding".
But as mentioned was not able to find folder"BDC_Body>3026", where I should do coding for auto start/stop.
Any idea what I did wrong???
You did it right.. Just collapse the ECU list below in the folders and you will see BDC_BODY. Also you need to activate FA for coding..

Right click on the FA on the top and click Activate FA.

Last edited by Hang0ver; 10-06-2014 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #212
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep

As well as would like to know if it is somehow possible to reset errors which are in the car???

Yesterday I tried to open tow hitch(it is fully electrically driven) and accidentally it touched stone border and went back. After this I had message that I have to go to dealer for check.
I tried to operate it once more it just didn't work(red button was active all the time).
After car stayed for a few hours I pressed it several times and tow hitch came out and again was not operational.
I checked instruction manual and it says that it will work if certain conditions are met: low temperature(which is not the case) and if it touch mechanical parts(this was the case).

So may be I can somehow reset errors in the system???

P.S. I made already an appointment with dealer, but it will be next week only and as I believe that it needs just reset thought that it can be possible to do somehow...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #213
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
Did you do below steps?

Read FA -> Right click on FA and Activate -> Read ECU

then you will see all the ECU in the left below box. There you will have BDC_BODY.
Quote:
You did it right.. Just collapse the ECU list below in the folders and you will see BDC_BODY. Also you need to activate FA for coding..

Right click on the FA on the top and click code.
Thanx a lot guys!!!
I did not do activation of FA, so will do it tomorrow(as it is late already in my country)!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #214
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
As well as would like to know if it is somehow possible to reset errors which are in the car???

Yesterday I tried to open tow hitch(it is fully electrically driven) and accidentally it touched stone border and went back. After this I had message that I have to go to dealer for check.
I tried to operate it once more it just didn't work(red button was active all the time).
After car stayed for a few hours I pressed it several times and tow hitch came out and again was not operational.
I checked instruction manual and it says that it will work if certain conditions are met: low temperature(which is not the case) and if it touch mechanical parts(this was the case).

So may be I can somehow reset errors in the system???

P.S. I made already an appointment with dealer, but it will be next week only and as I believe that it needs just reset thought that it can be possible to do somehow...
There is a way to clear off the errors. But not sure if it will populate again or not.

Hit external applications in the left . then click external applications again.

then in the list, select the last line which is pretty long. Then click connect and then execute or something that runs and clears off... then disconnect..

not at my computer, if you can post picture, I can tell exactly.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #215
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanx a lot guys!!!
I did not do activation of FA, so will do it tomorrow(as it is late already in my country)!!!
small correction for below statement.

Right click on the FA on the top and Activate FA.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #216
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
There is a way to clear off the errors. But not sure if it will populate again or not.

Hit external applications in the left . then click external applications again.

then in the list, select the last line which is pretty long. Then click connect and then execute or something that runs and clears off... then disconnect..

not at my computer, if you can post picture, I can tell exactly.
Ok, will try to make pictures tomorrow(or may be a couple of days later as may be will hand over the car for paint protection coverage)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #217
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
small correction for below statement.

Right click on the FA on the top and Activate FA.
Thanx!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #218
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ok, will try to make pictures tomorrow(or may be a couple of days later as may be will hand over the car for paint protection coverage)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #219
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep

As understood that after I made coding I need to confirm it by pressing coding verification???
Is it correct???
If I press this button system asks me PIN-this is the one which was sent with token???
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 06:09 PM   #220
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Is there a code to make Sport mode default without having to select it every single time? Or can it be a profile setting?
No, there is not. I asked about this a long time ago as well.
Quote:
As understood that after I made coding I need to confirm it by pressing coding verification???
Is it correct???
If I press this button system asks me PIN-this is the one which was sent with token???
Yes, this is the password given to you with your token file. This is always needed when you first start up ESYS to do FDL coding.

Also, this is to the rest of the bimmerpost community: I understand that my OP is long and sometimes things can get confusing or missed. I have added the activation of FA in bold so you don't miss it. I take little things like this and try to make it easier to read. If anyone has any suggestions to better improve the OP instructions, feel free to let me know. I'm always happy to make it easier for everyone. However, I have included EVERYTHING you need to the best of my knowledge necessary for you to successfully setup and learn coding.

Last edited by opasha; 10-06-2014 at 06:17 PM..
Appreciate 0