BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-08-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
Daneroner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15

6wa code error please help!

I trying to get my 6wa coded in my f15 but it's not connecting. It keep showing an error. Need help!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 05:09 PM   #2
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneroner View Post
I trying to get my 6wa coded in my f15 but it's not connecting. It keep showing an error. Need help!
Who is doing coding and what is he using for coding? What exactly are you trying to code it for? Was it a ebay 6WA you bought and want to install or it's your 6WA that you just want to fix something? What error is showing and where: on 6WA itself or in esys or Carly? Too many questions and too little info.
There are couple guys here on forum who can aid you via remote coding, but you have to have enet cable. There are also several guys on facebook that do remote coding sessions as well. Simple coding of cluster 6WA is about $75 I think. Also 6WA can be bought like new for $200-250 on ebay and here in classifieds - it's really cheap compared to $1200 6WB. So don't panic, there's always a solution.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 10:31 PM   #3
Daneroner
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Quote:
Who is doing coding and what is he using for coding? What exactly are you trying to code it for? Was it a ebay 6WA you bought and want to install or it's your 6WA that you just want to fix something? What error is showing and where: on 6WA itself or in esys or Carly? Too many questions and too little info.
There are couple guys here on forum who can aid you via remote coding, but you have to have enet cable. There are also several guys on facebook that do remote coding sessions as well. Simple coding of cluster 6WA is about $75 I think. Also 6WA can be bought like new for $200-250 on ebay and here in classifieds - it's really cheap compared to $1200 6WB. So don't panic, there's always a solution.
This is what the guy said who is tried coding my car earlier.

From what ive gathered, coding of 6WA is not added to the F25/F15 chassis, it is just a simple inject CAFD and code to defaults. Tamper dot and service indicator seem to stem from improper virginizing of the cluster.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 10:34 PM   #4
Daneroner
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Quote:
This is what the guy said who is tried coding my car earlier.

From what ive gathered, coding of 6WA is not added to the F25/F15 chassis, it is just a simple inject CAFD and code to defaults. Tamper dot and service indicator seem to stem from improper virginizing of the cluster.
The cluster works but the check engine light is still on
Appreciate 0