BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

11-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #23
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2euro View Post
I just posted a topic regarding this. I highly recommend the BMW weather mats. Fit and finish are fantastic!

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=27

I got same ones from dealership ebay. They are oem ones. They are much more beefier than regular stock thin summer carpet ones. The only thing is - they are nowhere close to been real winter ones. Winter slush will overflow easily and soil the carpet floor. Weathertech mats are better for winter, but I hate weathertech - they are way too slippery in winter. They are made of rigid plastic and are so-so. My conclusion is that there is no silver bullet - every set has it's flaws.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 06:37 PM   #24
2euro
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50iMSport

A good practice I always do is clap your feet together several times to get most of the snow/dirt off before entering.
      11-10-2018, 01:56 PM   #25
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

For those that like the WeatherTech (plastic) floor liners over the BMW rubber ones...you can get the same WT liners but with the BMW logo.

WT makes the BMW "floor liners"...and they come in black or beige. You can order them from your local BMW dealership's parts department...or you can pull up the diagram and get the BMW 11 digit part number and shop online using the part number for the color you want (to find online vendors).

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/F1...c_floor_liners

{examples of the beige & black plastic floor liners made by WT for BMW}

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-10-2018 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 12:54 AM   #26
Stev_chu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
Hi everyone I am a brand new BMW owner just purchased a 2016 certified preowned X5 35i.

The car came with very basic what I would consider ugly floor mats that almost don't look like they're factory BMW they don't have logos on them anything and are very thin and flimsy.

I'm looking to add all season rubber type floor mats front and back and also in the rear cargo area. I don't care if their factory BMW or aftermarket but I'd like them to look nice. I'd rather pay a little more and get something that looks nice. I have kids who will be in the back and I need something that will catch spills.

Do any of you have any recommendations??

I also have the third row seat in the back I was wondering if any of the higher end cargo trays / liner's will fold in half when I have the seats flipped up?? My last car I had a cargo liner that would not fold over and it was a real nuisance to constantly pulled the cargo liner out of the car and store it when I had seats folded up if that was something that would accommodate that it would be great.

I saw the weather tech mats I did not care for their great big logo all over them I probably lean toward something that's either generic looking for has a BMW logo on it
Thanks!
3W from amazon
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #27
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev_chu View Post
Quote:
Hi everyone I am a brand new BMW owner just purchased a 2016 certified preowned X5 35i.

The car came with very basic what I would consider ugly floor mats that almost don't look like they're factory BMW they don't have logos on them anything and are very thin and flimsy.

I'm looking to add all season rubber type floor mats front and back and also in the rear cargo area. I don't care if their factory BMW or aftermarket but I'd like them to look nice. I'd rather pay a little more and get something that looks nice. I have kids who will be in the back and I need something that will catch spills.

I also have the third row seat in the back I was wondering if any of the higher end cargo trays / liner's will fold in half when I have the seats flipped up?? My last car I had a cargo liner that would not fold over and it was a real nuisance to constantly pulled the cargo liner out of the car and store it when I had seats folded up if that was something that would accommodate that it would be great.

I saw the weather tech mats I did not care for their great big logo all over them I probably lean toward something that's either generic looking for has a BMW logo on it
Thanks!
3W from amazon
The 3W ones actually look pretty good! I'm not sure I like the big logo but the overall fit and finish on the photos I saw online on Amazon look like they are decent quality for a decent price.

How do you like them ??
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 10:30 PM   #28
Stev_chu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev_chu View Post
Quote:

Thanks!
3W from amazon
The 3W ones actually look pretty good! I'm not sure I like the big logo but the overall fit and finish on the photos I saw online on Amazon look like they are decent quality for a decent price.

How do you like them ??
I like them! Fits perfectly in my f15 and sure is heavy duty mats
Appreciate 0