BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

11-29-2016, 07:29 AM   #67
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Not cancelling order now

Turns out there is a retro-fit kit with all the extra trim items for the Pure Experience exterior design pack (I nudged sales guy to go to parts guy to ask ) so I can have what I originally ordered but in a round a bout way.
The two items that can't be retro-fitted can still be ordered as individual factory options (matt ally roof rails and window trim) plus adding wheel option and the rest comes in the retro-fit kit
Upshot is, with the money saved from the reversing camera and audio upgrade and deduction of the design pack, but adding in wheel + window trim + roof rails + dealer doing a deal on the retro-fit kit and fitting, the final invoice price is 25 quid cheaper than the original agreed price.

Roll on March - and just hope the boat now isn't delayed and the bloody thing doesn't get registered before the VED change date!!

Last edited by GeeRam; 11-29-2016 at 07:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 08:07 AM   #68
sak83
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 M50D on order

Congrats, you got there in the end. Mine is scheduled for early march delivery too... pre VED changes hopefully
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 08:45 AM   #69
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak83 View Post
Congrats, you got there in the end. Mine is scheduled for early march delivery too... pre VED changes hopefully
Mines scheduled for build week 6, delivery week 12, so squeaky bum time regarding being before the VED change!!

My revised order schedule should be in my home email when I get in, so will let you know whether the price increase has been passed on to me or not (it sounds like it hasn't so far during conversations on phone)
      11-29-2016, 09:01 AM   #70
sak83
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
Mines scheduled for build week 6, delivery week 12, so squeaky bum time regarding being before the VED change!!

My revised order schedule should be in my home email when I get in, so will let you know whether the price increase has been passed on to me or not (it sounds like it hasn't so far during conversations on phone)
Okay mines is down for week 4 so a bit more time. Thanks that would be great and help me negotiate something with my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #71
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak83 View Post
Okay mines is down for week 4 so a bit more time. Thanks that would be great and help me negotiate something with my dealer.
What's your delivery week though...?

I've seen variations from 4 to 6 weeks gap from build week to delivery to dealer, no doubt due to the boat sailing times/duration.

Car goes from Spartanburg to docks - boat to Bremerhaven, then probably car transporter via ferry/tunnel from Bremerhaven to BMW's facility at Thorn in Yorkshire (or back on another boat from Bremerhaven to Hull?) and then to dealer.....

That's why X5's have a delivery mileage of around 10-12 miles on them when you collect it from a dealer in the UK!!
      11-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #72
sak83
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Dealer says delivery 1st week of March
Appreciate 0