Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3/21 Toyota Tacoma OR

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.00]
2021 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
A badge is just a badge.
The badge originally ment motorsport, but since the e30 (so since almost 30 years) thats gone (the e30 m3 was the last homologated car from bmw).

So for about 30 years its been a marketing statement and now you're getting upset about it?
Forget about badges and next time you buy a car just look at the hardware you're getting and not what kind of badge they put on it. A badge is not worth felling special about imho.
I think I'll do what I want with my money thank you. You'll be thrilled to know I'm buying a GT3 for the badge, sound, and because it looks cool.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 10:41 AM   #24
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Agree
i remember talking to the Service Consultant when I brought my car in for an oil change they gave me a M235i loaner and at the time I always thought the M cars were specific ie M3, M4, M5 and so forth. never heard of an M235i and basically learned it's just cosmetics that was added to the vehicle. he explained that BMW thought that would sell which i guess sounds true for those people who want that but i think they kinda went overboard
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
itsTwigs281.50
      11-27-2018, 11:02 AM   #25
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 24'G05 X5 50e

Garage List
I don’t know what image your minds eye conjures when M is mentioned. For me an e46 M3 is first to mind. Now compared specs to a 330 or 340 with M-sport equipment right now tell me why the numbers for a $50,000 BMW from today doesn’t deserve a shoutout from an M from 15yrs ago. The evolution from then to now is gonna be in the g20 non-M M340 with nostalgia playing a trick on my state of mind the old bird is better. Like a WWII P51 pilot wants to fly his old bird instead of a Learjet.

To your points made here it looks diluted sure, the world is different, technology, safety, economy’s all different. BMW is making a better mousetrap and many in this forum don’t care for the bait. If you wanna get some capital and investors and build a better mousetrap then BMW would. I’ve posted it before and bares repeating my LEGO cars when was a kid didn’t have a steering wheel they had a computer, how did I know. G20 has a steering wheel and could be the last.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 11:45 AM   #26
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyraww View Post
I think I'll do what I want with my money thank you.
Yes you're free to do with your money whatever you want.
You're even free to whine about it if someone else drives around in another car that happens to have the same badge on a bumper kit and paid less.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread