BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

04-20-2022, 01:10 AM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Question Rear Airbags Failed. I Actually Like The Look! Want H&R & Links

So my wife had stated that while she was driving (fortunately not far from home) our xDrive50i began imitating a Low Rider, and began bouncing up and down in the rear. Once she arrived home, parked in the garage abs turned off the car, it was sitting considerably lower out back. I came outside and the pics below is what I saw. As I said, looks good IMO. And I've considered it. This allows me to go for it.
Ironically, I've been contemplating lowering it using H&R and Links.
I'd like to get some feedback and input from owners here who have performed this? What exactly do I need (parts for front and rear)? Where to get them? Approximate cost from a indy shop?
Thanks in advance, Marcus
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 07:03 AM   #2
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Ride quality will be affected quite a bit, and passengers likely won't appreciate it as much as you will.

I run H&R VTF kit, (from Ben RGSport) and it's definitely not as comfy of a ride as when stock.
I'm pretty low with it, didn't want the raked look, set mine with more level front to back. So not much room left for the bags to move.

I really like the VTF 90% of the time. Great for long distance trips too. However, on bad roads it will let you know... (there is a section of 635 in Irving, where the road dips and suspension about bottoms out if driving fast).

If I had to redo, I would likely have waited for a deal on the KW3's instead of going with the VTF.

When it comes to pricing, it's been too long, can't remember cost anymore.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13937.50
      04-20-2022, 10:04 AM   #3
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1norseman View Post
Ride quality will be affected quite a bit, and passengers likely won't appreciate it as much as you will.

I run H&R VTF kit, (from Ben RGSport) and it's definitely not as comfy of a ride as when stock.
I'm pretty low with it, didn't want the raked look, set mine with more level front to back. So not much room left for the bags to move.

I really like the VTF 90% of the time. Great for long distance trips too. However, on bad roads it will let you know... (there is a section of 635 in Irving, where the road dips and suspension about bottoms out if driving fast).

If I had to redo, I would likely have waited for a deal on the KW3's instead of going with the VTF.

When it comes to pricing, it's been too long, can't remember cost anymore.
I appreciate your response, experience on the subject and input.
I will definitely take it into consideration.
I would also appreciate others input here who I know have lowered their cars...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 11:41 AM   #4
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 XDrive35i

Garage List
I don't have rear air so I have BC Racing coilovers. But I do have a local friend who also has a VTF kit on his f15 and he just bought KW's because of the harsh ride.
2017 X5 XDrive35i X-Line | Sophisto Grey | MHD Full Flexfuel Tuned | Mosselman Turbo| Sutphin Tuning TCU | Nostrum Stage 2 HPFP | ER Charge Pipe | BimmerHausPerformance Intake and Inlet | ApexBuilt Catted DP | VRSF FMIC | Zeitronix Flexfuel Kit | KateCool Oil Cooler | Variant Wheels | Conti DWS06+ |
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13937.50
      04-20-2022, 07:27 PM   #5
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

I see you are "(The Burbs - N TX)"
If my X5 wasn't in the shop, I'd offer you a ride, test drive so you can get the feel of how the VTF changes the ride.

Hope to have it back next week, still waiting on some parts.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13937.50
      04-21-2022, 11:47 AM   #6
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1norseman View Post
I see you are "(The Burbs - N TX)"
If my X5 wasn't in the shop, I'd offer you a ride, test drive so you can get the feel of how the VTF changes the ride.

Hope to have it back next week, still waiting on some parts.
Thanks. Keep me posted...

I've always felt this car with all of this power and performance, sits entirely too high.
Appreciate 0