ejholt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: SRT Viper / M3 / X6M / Raptor

Exhaust Recommendation(s)

Good Evening / Happy New Year

I've decided to purchase a 2017 X6M to start the New Year off right

I have already started to order my accessories.

More then likely go with the Dinan Tune and Intake as I've had good luck with previous M Cars.

GT Haus has always been my go to exhaust and I've noticed they have dynoed their latest with performance gains of 32 hp / 70 tq.

Has anyone else installed their Exhaust on an F85 / F86? Thoughts?

What other exhausts have the rest of you installed and what has been your experience? Do any of them meet / exceed GT Haus' Performance Claims?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 01:45 AM   #2
LBBX5M
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5M F85 Akra, RaceChip

Happy New Year I do have Akra installed for quite awhile. I love the sound and the rumble when downshifting to second and 1st gear. I would have loved something a bit louder with a bigger growl (coming from a Viper SRT 10 owner with exhaust and down pipes). Akra look is amazing and the sound gets better after breaking the exhaust in.

In my review or RaceChip you will find a link to a video where you can hear the exhaust to a certain extent.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 02:56 AM   #3
Djvolume
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016-X5M 2018-M4 Comp 2024-X5

Happy new year! I have a flash tune w dp and Dinan exhaust. Sex on wheels
      01-02-2017, 11:18 AM   #4
raym3cs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino M3CS

i have dinan stage 1 and eisenmann RACE Exhaust ...

so so happy with the set up .... might go stage 2 dinan soon
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 11:30 AM   #5
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

I have the Dinan exhaust and it's honestly not much different from stock.. If I had to do it over again I'd just save my money and stay stock or get something more aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #6
WheelsBoutique
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Congrats on the purchase EJ. What a great New Years present to yourself.

We installed the Meisterschaft exhaust & downpipes on the X5M below and the results were phenomenal. A lot of muscle car-like grunt. The performance gains were not only seen on dyno charts but also felt behind the wheel. if you're interested in acquiring a setup like this similar to your X6M then give me a shout. I can also set you up with some HRE performance wheels to bring the looks of your car up to speed as well.

01-02-2017, 02:07 PM   #7
LBBX5M
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelsBoutique View Post

We installed the Meisterschaft exhaust & downpipes on the X5M below and the results were phenomenal. A lot of muscle car-like grunt. The performance gains were not only seen on dyno charts but also felt behind the wheel. if you're interested in acquiring a setup like this similar to your X6M then give me a shout. I can also set you up with some HRE performance wheels to bring the looks of your car up to speed as well.

Thank you for the contribution. I have a Long Beach Blue F85 ut I have yet to come across a set of wheels that would bring out the aggressiveness and sexiness of my car. can you hook me up with some pix? plus down pipes reviews usually says that it will trigger a CEL ! I think I will stay away... Unless if you have a different experience. I wouldn't want to install mini cats because of fitment issues as I read.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 02:39 PM   #8
WheelsBoutique
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBBX5M View Post
Thank you for the contribution. I have a Long Beach Blue F85 ut I have yet to come across a set of wheels that would bring out the aggressiveness and sexiness of my car. can you hook me up with some pix? plus down pipes reviews usually says that it will trigger a CEL ! I think I will stay away... Unless if you have a different experience. I wouldn't want to install mini cats because of fitment issues as I read.
Will definitely be able to send you over some photos via PM.

With the downpipes a tune is required not to throw a check engine light. When we go this far (exhaust & downpipes) for performance what's another couple of bucks on a tune?
      01-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #9
Djvolume
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016-X5M 2018-M4 Comp 2024-X5

Quote:
Quote:

I have dp from active I didn't have cel but it doesn't mean you won't. Anyhow dinan exhaust with dp is a monster I'll try to shoot a clip
      01-02-2017, 08:06 PM   #10
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Go with whichever exhaust sounds the best to you. No catback is going to gain 32hp and 70tq. Not enough pressure drop in the stock system to deliver those gains.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2017, 06:01 AM   #11
trev230
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Quote:
Happy New Year I do have Akra installed for quite awhile. I love the sound and the rumble when downshifting to second and 1st gear. I would have loved something a bit louder with a bigger growl (coming from a Viper SRT 10 owner with exhaust and down pipes). Akra look is amazing and the sound gets better after breaking the exhaust in.

In my review or RaceChip you will find a link to a video where you can hear the exhaust to a certain extent.

I too have the Akra system and it changes drastically over the first 1000 miles. The sound, pops, gurgles, etc.. get better and better. There is zero drone, just pure sound. Mine is teamed with Dinan S1 about to be S2.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 09:11 PM   #12
ejholt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: SRT Viper / M3 / X6M / Raptor

Quote:

Thank You, much appreciated!! Going to pick it up next weekend, park it for the winter and then start working on my mods. Will be in touch.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #13
WheelsBoutique
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejholt View Post
Thank You, much appreciated!! Going to pick it up next weekend, park it for the winter and then start working on my mods. Will be in touch.
Looking forward to it. Email me at any time.
      01-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #14
LBBX5M
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev230 View Post
I too have the Akra system and it changes drastically over the first 1000 miles. The sound, pops, gurgles, etc.. get better and better. There is zero drone, just pure sound. Mine is teamed with Dinan S1 about to be S2.
any idea what S2 will be running for boost?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 11:49 PM   #15
MadMarkus
France
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M (F85)

Quote:
any idea what S2 will be running for boost?
Good morning and sorry for a "stupid question", I m going to ask, but . . .

. . . what is S1 or even S2 Tuning good for when you are limited in all ways when driving in the US?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 12:04 AM   #16
vince7870
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5m azurite black metalic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarkus View Post

. . . what is S1 or even S2 Tuning good for when you are limited in all ways when driving in the US?
Dinan stage 1 and stage 2 tune
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 12:58 AM   #17
LBBX5M
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince7870 View Post
Dinan stage 1 and stage 2 tune

Alan, I believe our beloved friend means why would you even consider or bother your self by upgrading if you are limited to a certain speed with popo spreading around like ants on a candy bar.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 05:51 AM   #18
Tightt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M/2024 M3 X-Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarkus View Post

Just because there are speed limitations here doesn't mean we don't find ways around them.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 07:40 AM   #19
vince7870
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5m azurite black metalic

Quote:

Alan, I believe our beloved friend means why would you even consider or bother your self by upgrading if you are limited to a certain speed with popo spreading around like ants on a candy bar.
ahhhhhhh

there are speed limitations here? i didn't get the memo! braaaaaaaaaap! I'm like a real life smokey and the bandit episode to and from work everyday. i race someone at least 3-4 times a week on my commute!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #20
MadMarkus
France
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M (F85)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince7870 View Post
ahhhhhhh

there are speed limitations here? i didn't get the memo! braaaaaaaaaap! I'm like a real life smokey and the bandit episode to and from work everyday. i race someone at least 3-4 times a week on my commute!
Well, I don't get the thing with "beloved friend", but sounds cool.

Yes, I m just back from my latest visit to Florida and I noticed that I may have been the only one sticking to the limits or close to... ;-)

Please don't get me wrong. I like what you are doing and I wish I would dare to upgrade but on the other hand it's my very first "real" M and I just got it 2 weeks ago, so I still might be impresseb by this beast anyway.

Can imagine some months later I will ask your support and opinion on first upgrades... ;-)
Appreciate 0