05-21-2020, 07:29 AM   #3939
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
You sure sound like an Android user.

Kidding aside, I agree with the spying thing. Considering phone is basically an extension of you - we are essentially walking robots if you think about it. Everything you do is through a device and influences your thinking, purchases, emotions, etc. differently than being physically present. We are in the age of data collection. Its all about data.

We are already seeing it with an influx of ADHD / ADD in young adults who grew up in affluent households immersed in tech. When I was kid ADD or ADHD was diagnosed as being a dip shit. IMO access to so much data at the tap of a finger is dangerous to the human race from a psychological standpoint.
I agree 100%. When I was a kid, I wasn't told I had ADHD/ADD, I was called dumb ass and was beaten accordingly. Having so much information at our finger tips has resulted in the dumbing down of society. Seriously, I work in engineering as a Project Coordinator; I don't have an engineering degree but 90% of whatever information I need to perform my job I research online. Once my documentation is complete, I rarely remember whatever technical data or specs I dealt with. I'm not really this smart but Google makes me look like a genius. We have reached a pivotal point in society where having the information is only the beginning, it's the attention to detail that separates the men the from the boys these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I'm not an iphone fanboy by any means, but imessage is pretty invaluable for me since many of the buildings I frequent for work have wifi but zero cell service, and my company provides everyone with iphones. I do most of my actual work on a windows machine, but I have a Macbook I take to meetings. It helps that I can imessage those same people in my phone while I'm on the macbook in a meeting. No device is perfect, I just find Androids a bit more cumbersome to use.

All companies share data. The ones who claim they aren't, are lying.
This is accurate. When I get a new (android) phone, it does take me quite a bit of time getting it the way that I want it. My issue with iPhones is that I don't even have the option to tweak it. Everything on my phone gets blacked out - app backgrounds, wallpaper, etc. It's the rainbows, butterflies and unicorn colorful bubbly stuff on iPhones that can't be changed that drives me nuts. Simplistic and non-colorful is how I like my computers and phones set up. Aesthetics are pretty important to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
They are good for texting and getting pics from "girls"
Quote:
Fixed.
Fixed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I like the Ratt geico commercial
Same, I chuckle every time I see it. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I'm an Android guy....but only because in the past I could get a bigger screen although that issue is no longer a problem.

Even with Android....first thing I do is "root" them and load up a bare-bones OS so I have only what I need.

Makes it that much faster.

Never had an I-Phone although everyone here does. Just a habit I guess as I always like being able to customize it.

IMO....they went about it smart. They laid out their code for people to play with and make it better, and got millions of developers on the payroll for free.

Some of those guys on XDA are genius!
Back when I was a windows mobile guy, I spent so much time on XDA developers site it was almost stupid. I was in the mobile biz then and had the time to root flash all day. I thought I bricked an HTC 8125 the day it was released just after paying the full retail price for it. Heart attack material right there. It took me flashing it 3 times to bring it back from the dead.

Last edited by King Rudi; 05-21-2020 at 07:35 AM..
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      05-21-2020, 07:20 PM   #3940
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Lit is a fucking stupid word
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 07:25 PM   #3941
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

unless you're on fire
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 07:26 PM   #3942
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Fire is fine and reserved for people who say lit.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 05:08 AM   #3943
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Seen a bad wreck on the way into work this morning. Apparently "3" is the number of the day.

According to South Carolina Highway Patrol, the crash happened at about 3:33 a.m. near Exit 3.

I hope no one was seriously injured....but from what I seen it didn't look good.
      05-22-2020, 01:37 PM   #3944
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I like the Ratt geico commercial
But do you sing along (like I do)

There is another one I've seen two episodes for. Not sure what they are even selling. The man of the house in the first one has a fork in his hand, and keeps scratching the couch. The woman of the house tells him to stop.
Second one is HILARIOUS. Man is standing there, facing the wall in the hallway. Woman walks in and he runs off. I almost fell out of my chair. Might have been the Bacardi laughing though
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      05-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #3945
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Fixed.
this guy gets it!!

iMessage is dope because i hate leaving a convo on read, but I also hate being the last text (being left on read). You can just leave a react to show you've read the message and it's time to finish the convo but can't do that with green text people!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 09:19 PM   #3946
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

I have F150 fever
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 02:03 PM   #3947
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have F150 fever
I'm beginning to consider a look at a new truck, and pretty much thought I'd just leave Ford off the list
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 02:48 PM   #3948
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Dodge, Chevy, Toyoter?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 03:09 PM   #3949
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
I have F150 fever
I'm beginning to consider a look at a new truck, and pretty much thought I'd just leave Ford off the list
My husband has F350 dually fever.

Why leave Ford off? Just curious.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 03:22 PM   #3950
213e90n51
Banned
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
I prefer using my diesel 3 litre V6 Discovery as a dd more than my e92 335i
Or caddilac escalade
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 03:38 PM   #3951
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I have F150 fever

Just something in the back of my head that Ford was bottom of the barrel
      05-26-2020, 03:56 PM   #3952
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have F150 fever

Not so much especially in the days of the 7.3L diesel that was a work horse. My husband still has one that people want to buy all the time. They went through a phase after that where people didn't love the engine change they made. They revamped & been pretty solid in the Diesel engine for the past few years.

As far as gas, the F150 has the same option as the Explorer Sport. I went with a Ford Explorer Sport in 2012 that had the V6 twin turbo eco boost & it was a solid motor. I need a SUV with ass in it or it's just a grocery getter to me. Also, in that time I looked at the technology across the board of various models & Ford did a great job from a pricing standpoint of not charging for all the extra options.

I have never been a Chevy or Dodge person. Never a fan of their designs. Toyota just doesn't seem like a real truck to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 03:57 PM   #3953
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213e90n51 View Post
Or caddilac escalade
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 04:19 PM   #3954
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have F150 fever

Not so much especially in the days of the 7.3L diesel that was a work horse. My husband still has one that people want to buy all the time. They went through a phase after that where people didn't love the engine change they made. They revamped & been pretty solid in the Diesel engine for the past few years.

As far as gas, the F150 has the same option as the Explorer Sport. I went with a Ford Explorer Sport in 2012 that had the V6 twin turbo eco boost & it was a solid motor. I need a SUV with ass in it or it's just a grocery getter to me. Also, in that time I looked at the technology across the board of various models & Ford did a great job from a pricing standpoint of not charging for all the extra options.

I have never been a Chevy or Dodge person. Never a fan of their designs. Toyota just doesn't seem like a real truck to me.
Well I've been driving my GMC Sonoma since 02 (get off my lawn) and the thing has survived thru the hell of 3 boys learning to drive stick. One smashed the front into a Range Rover. I got plowed in the back twice. I finally had to replace the transmission last year

Duelly would be cool if I win Lotto and buy a boat!!
      05-26-2020, 05:30 PM   #3955
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have F150 fever

Well I've been driving my GMC Sonoma since 02 (get off my lawn) and the thing has survived thru the hell of 3 boys learning to drive stick. One smashed the front into a Range Rover. I got plowed in the back twice. I finally had to replace the transmission last year

Duelly would be cool if I win Lotto and buy a boat!!
That's why he wants a bigger truck. He can tow just fine with his 01 F250 (older than your Chevy so get off his lawn&#128514 but he likes the foot print of the dually with higher towing capacity. We do have a larger boat that can only be towed with a bigger truck. The fishing boat can be towed with the X5 if I add a stealth hitch on it.

Boat (break out another thousand) is a very true statement.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 05:37 PM   #3956
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's why he wants a bigger truck. He can tow just fine with his 01 F250 (older than your Chevy so get off his lawn&#128514 but he likes the foot print of the dually with higher towing capacity. We do have a larger boat that can only be towed with a bigger truck. The fishing boat can be towed with the X5 if I add a stealth hitch on it.

Boat (break out another thousand) is a very true statement.
Oh, I know this so well, and I've never even owned one

We always used the Ford Econoline 150 to haul the 27' Bayliner. I can remember driving to a lake somewhere, looking down and noticing I *MIGHT* have been exceeding the posted speed limit by going 85, then glancing in the rearviee and seeing that poor trailer swinging side to side.

So why didn't I want a Ford? I'm driving the church-bus (97, beat THAT) today.

Oh, and it's a GMC, not a Chevy (although every single thing EXCEPT the badges are interchangeable)
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 06:39 PM   #3957
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

@UncleWede you would have ended up like this guy

You win on the old bus. No wonder you have a bad taste in your mouth.

Side bar: so many of my friends parents had vans like that back in the day & I always wanted my Mom to get one. I loved how you could pack so many of our friends in one.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 08:37 PM   #3958
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
your trucks are older than my brother who's 17

i'm walking away from the lawns don't worry
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 08:44 PM   #3959
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
your trucks are older than my brother who's 17

i'm walking away from the lawns don't worry
That made me laugh.

My husband loves the engine in his truck and uses it only to tow. He has a new company truck but isn't allowed to tow with it.

I also told him if I got the X5 there was no new truck on the horizon. Those trucks have gotten outrageous in price but I mean so is a 70-100k SUV.
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #3960
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You win on the old bus. No wonder you have a bad taste in your mouth.
I want to thank you for actually opening my eyes. I LOVE driving that van, and I guess I just forgot that it was a Ford and I could just get a different "body" on the same drive train.

After the first couple of trips across the country to visit grandparents in the Beetle (I can still smell that black plastic seat melting as we went across the Mojave with no A/C, dad had clippers and stopped in a rest stop to shave me and my brother's hair) he always bought conversion vans. Those were cool!

One time, SOMEBODY might have hacked a gallon ziplock of "hemp" from grandpa's garden and stuffed it under the fridge/cooler and freaked all the way from Iowa to Cali as it started to reak the whole van, so much so he even slept in the van at night just in case.
Appreciate 1
rebekahb3128.50