BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-14-2020, 08:53 AM   #3895
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

It's weird how different people have different reactions with meds. I have taken percocet and norco and various pain meds and for the life of me cant understand how anyone could develop and addiction I get as much enjoyment to lead to taking more out of a tylenol which is none. Never been worried about an addiction cuz it's stupid a beer does more. If you wanna take drugs dont be a pussy and pretend get some heroine or meth or something.
Appreciate 6
Rmtt8208.00
King Rudi13154.00
TrevorM33321.50
Dang3r12508.50
      05-14-2020, 08:58 AM   #3896
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Oh hell no!

When I had my veneers done, the Aesthetic Dentist gave me some of those. Told me to take one every 6 hours.

I took one on Monday about 1:00pm after getting home....and didn't/couldn't get up until around the same time Tuesday. Missed work and I had planned on working the next day.

It was Wednesday before my head felt right. When I had my next follow-up with her, I bought the bottle of pills back. She said we couldn't flush them, so we ended up putting them in the Hazardous Waste bin in her office.

I'm sensitive to a lot of stuff...caffeine, etc. I have probably taken less than 30 Tylenol my entire Adult life.

Never again will I do that.

Same here. 10 years ago in college I had a collapsed lung and needed surgery. They gave me some pretty heavy stuff after I was released but told me I was okay to drive in 2 days. I went to work which was on campus about 8 miles away, I felt like I was doing 90 mph but was only doing 30.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8208.00
      05-14-2020, 11:37 AM   #3897
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

I am also scared of opioids. I had the first surgery (EENT) of my life last year, and I gutted out the first whole week post-op with just aspirin.

I finally took oxy after I couldn't take it no more. It helped a lot more but I'm still glad that I minimized the amount of time I was on them.

This also meant that I ended up with a big surplus of the stuff. I may or may not have checked the street value of this stash before ultimately destroying it. Just "out of curiosity" of course...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 11:43 AM   #3898
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

In the ER a few years ago, the nurse gave me an injection of liquid Demerol. A few minutes later she asked how I was feeling. Jokingly, I said, "It still hurts" while winking at the girlfriend. The nurse loaded me up again! At this point, I feel no pain and my field of vision became pretty blurry and I had a hard time focusing/concentrating on anything. The Dr. comes in the room and asks how I'm feeling. I gave the same response and he had the nurse shoot me up again! They take me back to imaging to do their business, take me back to the room and I shit you not, they loaded me up again. It was at this time I lost count of how many injections they had given and honestly it seems like they shot me up twice more before I left. After leaving, i almost threw up in the parking lot and the ride home was nothing short of a Pink Floyd video. I don't remember anything else after the car ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
It's weird how different people have different reactions with meds. I have taken percocet and norco and various pain meds and for the life of me cant understand how anyone could develop and addiction I get as much enjoyment to lead to taking more out of a tylenol which is none. Never been worried about an addiction cuz it's stupid a beer does more. If you wanna take drugs dont be a pussy and pretend get some heroine or meth or something.
Prescription med addiction is for people who have never had "good" drugs.

A McDonalds cheeseburger probably tastes great to someone who who has never had actual good food.

I'll take pain meds when prescribed but not a fan myself. They're great if I need to sleep.

Last edited by King Rudi; 05-14-2020 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 2
      05-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #3899
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
In the ER a few years ago, the nurse gave me an injection of liquid Demerol. A few minutes later she asked how I was feeling. Jokingly, I said, "It still hurts" while winking at the girlfriend. The nurse loaded me up again! At this point, I feel no pain and my field of vision became pretty blurry and I had a hard time focusing/concentrating on anything. The Dr. comes in the room and asks how I'm feeling. I gave the same response and he had the nurse shoot me up again! They take me back to imaging to do their business, take me back to the room and I shit you not, they loaded me up again. It was at this time I lost count of how many injections they had given and honestly it seems like they shot me up twice more before I left. After leaving, i almost threw up in the parking lot and the ride home was nothing short of a Pink Floyd video. I don't remember anything else after the car ride.

Prescription med addiction is for people who have never had "good" drugs.

A McDonalds cheeseburger probably tastes great to someone who who has never had actual good food.

I'll take pain meds when prescribed but not a fan myself. They're great if I need to sleep.
I went into hospital one night in a lot of pain and they gave me liquid morphine. Because of the pain, I suspected I would be admitted so I had taken my laptop and cell phone and chargers, and while on the liquid morphine I pulled out the laptop and coded something for a client in Australia who was expecting it later the next day. Checked the code in, told the staff, and it worked perfectly. The staff had no idea I was in hospital until 2 days later.
Appreciate 2
      05-15-2020, 09:30 AM   #3900
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I went into hospital one night in a lot of pain and they gave me liquid morphine. Because of the pain, I suspected I would be admitted so I had taken my laptop and cell phone and chargers, and while on the liquid morphine I pulled out the laptop and coded something for a client in Australia who was expecting it later the next day. Checked the code in, told the staff, and it worked perfectly. The staff had no idea I was in hospital until 2 days later.
I feel like you are risking drawing a correlation to something you shouldn't.

Drugs are bad kids.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2020, 09:33 AM   #3901
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I feel like you are risking drawing a correlation to something you shouldn't.

Drugs are bad kids.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 10:42 AM   #3902
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
code/write drunk, edit sober
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      05-15-2020, 12:43 PM   #3903
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

lmao

cocaine ftw.

jk.
kinda
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      05-15-2020, 01:42 PM   #3904
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I'm not looking forward to going back to work full time on Monday. I already have a full list of problems that I get to start my week with which sucks. Its got me cranky and pissed.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 07:34 PM   #3905
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
I’m so tired. I need this shit to end. I don’t remember the last time I had a good nights sleep. I have no problem falling asleep, my problem is staying asleep. I need the TV on to fall asleep. I know the noise and light disrupts my sleep so I started shutting it off the first time I wake up. Bad move. I guess the “noise” keeps my brain occupied. Once I shut the TV and go back to sleep without the noise, I have bizarre, troubling dreams. So I’m leaving the TV on all night. Might need to get one of those noise things-ocean waves or something.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8208.00
      05-15-2020, 11:19 PM   #3906
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Opioids have their place in pain control. Believe me I'm not a big proponent. Dental pain is surely one of the applications. Short term use I have no problem with. Long term use/abuse is something I've been dealing with for 20 years With patients.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 11:52 PM   #3907
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

The X3MC starts feeling a little light and squirrely at 150mph on our crappy roads according to a friend.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 05:47 AM   #3908
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I’m so tired. I need this shit to end. I don’t remember the last time I had a good nights sleep. I have no problem falling asleep, my problem is staying asleep. I need the TV on to fall asleep. I know the noise and light disrupts my sleep so I started shutting it off the first time I wake up. Bad move. I guess the “noise” keeps my brain occupied. Once I shut the TV and go back to sleep without the noise, I have bizarre, troubling dreams. So I’m leaving the TV on all night. Might need to get one of those noise things-ocean waves or something.
We have one of the noise machines. It's great and has 6-8 different sounds. We dont have a TV in the bedroom....never have.

But that little gem works great....well great considering I only sleep 4 hrs a night at most.
cmyx6go15683.50
      05-16-2020, 05:51 AM   #3909
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Opioids have their place in pain control. Believe me I'm not a big proponent. Dental pain is surely one of the applications. Short term use I have no problem with. Long term use/abuse is something I've been dealing with for 20 years With patients.
I'm a lightweight. Haven't had any alcohol in 20 years, don't take anything other than vitamins and "gym" stuff.

But that experience screwed me up. The Dr even said she gave me the lowest dose of a mild opiate...if they make them. I thought they were all the same.

God how I hated that feeling. Ive never had any pain medication since aside from an ibuprofen...and that is rare.

Im so sensitive to stuff, when she injected the numbing agent into my gums....my heart felt like it was going to come out of my chest!
      05-16-2020, 08:07 AM   #3910
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I have to sleep with a fan on, otherwise it's extremely difficult to fall asleep. I've always been a light sleeper, so I'll usually wake up a few times.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15683.50
      05-16-2020, 09:07 AM   #3911
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I dislike that my wife is the same way. Your brain works when you sleep and can discern sounds you should drown out and ones that should wake you up, someone in the house, a car breakin, alien invasion whatever. It frustrating as hell to me to have to drown out potential dangers because someone is too lazy to make the effort to become accustomed to letting their body work properly instead of using a crutch. Some crackhead will be standing in the room and yell gotcha bitch and I will just say told you so.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #3912
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
I dislike that my wife is the same way. Your brain works when you sleep and can discern sounds you should drown out and ones that should wake you up, someone in the house, a car breakin, alien invasion whatever. It frustrating as hell to me to have to drown out potential dangers because someone is too lazy to make the effort to become accustomed to letting their body work properly instead of using a crutch. Some crackhead will be standing in the room and yell gotcha bitch and I will just say told you so.
Did you start drinking already? LOL. What does this mean? Too lazy to make what effort? And drown out what? Everything wakes me up. My brain is going crazy with all this virus shit and I’m having disturbing dreams so I’m keeping my brain occupied with the TV noise so I don’t have bad dreams.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2020, 09:43 AM   #3913
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

No getting ready for the gym. The fan can only drown out external noises not ones inside your brain. Who's been drinking? I welcome crazy dreams as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 10:11 AM   #3914
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
I prefer using my diesel 3 litre V6 Discovery as a dd more than my e92 335i
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle

Last edited by Chappers 71; 05-16-2020 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 10:13 AM   #3915
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Same here re: opioids. I hate that stupid "haze" they put you in, which for me doesn't have any euphoria at all; they just make me stupid. I've only ever taken them after major surgeries where I had pain that prevented me from sleeping, and I couldn't wait to get off them. Had shoulder reconstruction done in '99 and was off the Percocet by the end of the 2nd day and managing the pain with large doses of Ibuprofen.
      05-16-2020, 10:16 AM   #3916
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

What I was saying is I dont even get that haze. Had knee surgery was taking percocet and beer by the pool for day or 2. I can't get addicted to something that doesnt do shit to me. I'm also non addictive personality I just say okay done with this and can stop. Happened with chewing.
Appreciate 0