07-20-2020, 09:27 PM   #4005
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
It was like riding a bike I just kicked my legs a lot and lubed vital parts.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24818.50
Dpc2u11503.00
King Rudi13152.00
      07-21-2020, 06:37 AM   #4006
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet? View Post
I actually purchased and wear my watch more so for me as a " reward " to myself for the years of hard work and not for anyone to notice but I get what you're saying about the attitude in this " new world ".

Too funny but you're probably right about the majority wearing those Apple watches and fitbits ........ though my wife wears hers often ...... as you've noticed she isn't part of the " said not in shape " demographic you're speaking of!!!
Same here! I tend to buy watches during milestones of my life. After I have endured some form of BS and finally make it out the other side, I tend to reward myself. I am a bit of a cheapskate though. I'd love to drop big money on a watch, but at the same time, I'm a bit of a realist.....a father and a homeowner. I just have a difficult time spending that much money on a watch knowing that money could go toward something for my kids or for the home. Now with that being said, the last watch I bought was a F1 Tag. Still over $1k, but not hardly Monaco Tag, Panerai or Breitling money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
I actually notice nice watches because my husband is a watch guy. He even has a display case for them����*♀️I think Rolex's are overrated and a lot look the same. Just my opinion.

I do have an Apple Watch. I use it more for the convenience of not always being able to grab my phone and respond especially for work. I would say the biggest use for me is timing my workouts and getting a round about idea of caloric burn. I hardly ever look at steps and far from being fat.

On the weekends, I don't really wear it. My Movado is my go to unless I use one of my cheaper watches as an accessory.
You are one of the rate exceptions, especially in ladies. I do have a friend of mine, who is female, that is a big watch fanatic. I'm the same way with womens dresses and shoes. When you are in a relationship with someone who is into...things...you too become an expert on said things. The current girlfriend gets lessons in high-end suits, how to spot taylor made suits, clothing designers, watches, belts, etc. anytime that we watch a movie.

I share the same sentiments with Rolex. Had the means of buying one a few years ago and opted for the lesser expensive Tag. Still have a damn nice watch, but don't feel quite so....hard on myself for spending that much on watch that looks so damn basic. Honestly, if a person owns a Rolex and doesn't look like you make 6 figures/year; everyone will just tell you how fake it is anyway. Don't get me wrong, not bashing Rolex; but when a brand is faked as often as they are, there are more fakes than originals. Pass.

Again, the exception (or at least from what I see around my environment) for smart watches and fit bits. It is nice to hear people use them for their intent rather than an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Did he shave for you or leave a little stubble?

Last edited by King Rudi; 07-21-2020 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 07:04 AM   #4007
AreWeThereYet?
Rep
Drives: It has 4 wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
I actually purchased and wear my watch more so for me as a " reward " to myself for the years of hard work and not for anyone to notice but I get what you're saying about the attitude in this " new world ".

Too funny but you're probably right about the majority wearing those Apple watches and fitbits ........ though my wife wears hers often ...... as you've noticed she isn't part of the " said not in shape " demographic you're speaking of!!!
Same here! I tend to buy watches during milestones of my life. After I have endured some form of BS and finally make it out the other side, I tend to reward myself. I am a bit of a cheapskate though. I'd love to drop big money on a watch, but at the same time, I'm a bit of a realist.....a father and a homeowner. I just have a difficult time spending that much money on a watch knowing that money could go toward something for my kids or for the home. Now with that being said, the last watch I bought was a F1 Tag. Still over $1k, but not hardly Monaco Tag, Panerai or Breitling money.

Quote:
I actually notice nice watches because my husband is a watch guy. He even has a display case for them����*I think Rolex's are overrated and a lot look the same. Just my opinion.

I do have an Apple Watch. I use it more for the convenience of not always being able to grab my phone and respond especially for work. I would say the biggest use for me is timing my workouts and getting a round about idea of caloric burn. I hardly ever look at steps and far from being fat.

On the weekends, I don't really wear it. My Movado is my go to unless I use one of my cheaper watches as an accessory.
You are one of the rate exceptions, especially in ladies. I do have a friend of mine, who is female, that is a big watch fanatic. I'm the same way with womens dresses and shoes. When you are in a relationship with someone who is into...things...you too become an expert on said things. The current girlfriend gets lessons in high-end suits, how to spot taylor made suits, clothing designers, watches, belts, etc. anytime that we watch a movie.

I share the same sentiments with Rolex. Had the means of buying one a few years ago and opted for the lesser expensive Tag. Still have a damn nice watch, but don't feel quite so....hard on myself for spending that much on watch that looks so damn basic. Honestly, if a person owns a Rolex and doesn't look like you make 6 figures/year; everyone will just tell you how fake it is anyway. Don't get me wrong, not bashing Rolex; but when a brand is faked as often as they are, there are more fakes than originals. Pass.

Again, the exception (or at least from what I see around my environment) for smart watches and fit bits. It is nice to hear people use them for their intent rather than an excuse.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I actually notice nice watches because my husband is a watch guy. He even has a display case for them����*I think Rolex's are overrated and a lot look the same. Just my opinion.

Quote:
You and I think the same. I acquired my well deserved watch after coming back from a big challenge in my life and yeah it wasn't an easy decision since I also have the wife and 2 kids under the age of 13.

I do teach my kids to make the most of each day you're visiting here on Earth since one day you won't be so I pulled the trigger so to speak. My two kids know about my splurge and are more than happy that I did what I wanted.

If need be I'll sell it in a heartbeat if the family is in dire need for cash but thank God we're okay for now.

I'm wearing it RN while enjoying my first cup of coffee with my wife!!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      07-21-2020, 07:25 AM   #4008
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Welcome to the new world. Only a few can tell you about nice watches. Own one and the only people that will notice are people that own nice watches. Now if you own the exact same mass produced miniature tv for mice for your wrist, aka "we can't come up with anything else to sell you people, so we created a friend for your phone" everyone who owns the same mass produced garbage will all compliment each other for owning one.

I own several moderately priced watches. The only people who notice, are in fact, other men who know about watches. To date, I have never had a single woman compliment me on my watch(es). In most cases, if they ask, I have to explain what Tag Heuer is. If it isn't a Rolex, no one cares; and even then they'll mock you because it isn't a smart watch. Forget the price tag that comes along with your purchase, the sheep are only interested if it counts your steps. I hear it all day long.

Something else I've noticed. The only people that I see go on and on about apple/android watches or fit bits and counting steps, etc. are fat people. Counting your steps isn't going to make you thin. Lose the watch and go do something.
I'm offended nor am I fat lol, I like counting my steps on my garmin! It's no apple watch, but does everything I want it to.

With that said, I am constantly eyeing up nice watches that I can't afford. Maybe one day! I'm the guy you speak of that compliments nice watches, while envious deep down haha
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      07-21-2020, 11:04 AM   #4009
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Honestly, if a person owns a Rolex and doesn't look like you make 6 figures/year; everyone will just tell you how fake it is anyway. Don't get me wrong, not bashing Rolex; but when a brand is faked as often as they are, there are more fakes than originals. Pass.
One reason I don't have a Rolex (or any nice watch) - I dress like I make 4 figures.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      07-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #4010
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I dress like I make 4 figures.
old navy?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 11:50 AM   #4011
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
old navy?
Kohls. Maybe 4 figures is a stretch.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      07-21-2020, 11:53 AM   #4012
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You and I think the same. I acquired my well deserved watch after coming back from a big challenge in my life and yeah it wasn't an easy decision since I also have the wife and 2 kids under the age of 13.

I do teach my kids to make the most of each day you're visiting here on Earth since one day you won't be so I pulled the trigger so to speak. My two kids know about my splurge and are more than happy that I did what I wanted.

If need be I'll sell it in a heartbeat if the family is in dire need for cash but thank God we're okay for now.

I'm wearing it RN while enjoying my first cup of coffee with my wife!!
My apologies for not asking before, what did you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I'm offended nor am I fat lol, I like counting my steps on my garmin! It's no apple watch, but does everything I want it to.

With that said, I am constantly eyeing up nice watches that I can't afford. Maybe one day! I'm the guy you speak of that compliments nice watches, while envious deep down haha
Oh what the hell ever. You don't fit in this category and you know it.

Quote:
One reason I don't have a Rolex (or any nice watch) - I dress like I make 4 figures.
Dino, my man....you have touched on a subject that is near and dear to me and also something that I'm starting recognize. People with money have money because they don't splurge on everything they see. First time I remember seeing this mentality demonstrated was from the CEO of a company that I used to work for. They guy was worth millions....from the outside looking in, he looked like he made $30k/year. Drove a modest car, didn't dress like he was anything special, very quiet and timid. The goal isn't to look rich, but to be rich.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #4013
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dino, my man....you have touched on a subject that is near and dear to me and also something that I'm starting recognize. People with money have money because they don't splurge on everything they see. First time I remember seeing this mentality demonstrated was from the CEO of a company that I used to work for. They guy was worth millions....from the outside looking in, he looked like he made $30k/year. Drove a modest car, didn't dress like he was anything special, very quiet and timid. The goal isn't to look rich, but to be rich.
Other than the modest car, I'm that guy. But my dressing the way I do is because I'm not happy with my shape, therefore feel that trying to wear nice clothes will just look bad anyway.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      07-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #4014
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Other than the modest car, I'm that guy. But my dressing the way I do is because I'm not happy with my shape, therefore feel that trying to wear nice clothes will just look bad anyway.
I hear metaphorical brakes screeching!

Dino, you have homework. Call the detailer and ask her to take you shopping. Don't go overboard with extravagances, go modest. Regardless of your body type, there are ways to make yourself look great. I see women almost daily that aren't built like models, but are very attractive with how they dress. You'd be amazed at how dressing a certain way will boost your confidence.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15573.50
jjasonSU194.00
      07-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #4015
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:

Dino, you have homework. Call the detailer and ask her to take you shopping. Don't go overboard with extravagances, go modest. Regardless of your body type, there are ways to make yourself look great. I see women almost daily that aren't built like models, but are very attractive with how they dress. You'd be amazed at how dressing a certain way will boost your confidence.
I would agree with this 💯. You can dress nicely but still flattering for your body type. You can also dress nicely and not spend crazy amounts of money. I will say that men's clothes are more expensive than women's. Y'all are getting a cute tank top for $29.95.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 12:45 PM   #4016
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I would agree with this 💯. You can dress nicely but still flattering for your body type. You can also dress nicely and not spend crazy amounts of money. I will say that men's clothes are more expensive than women's. Y'all are getting a cute tank top for $29.95.
As mentioned earlier, you become an expert of what you buy for your significant other. You buy quite a bit of mens clothes don't you?

Men do get the short end of the stick when it comes to clothing. We have to seriously try hard to find pants that don't have jewels or some bedazzled bullshit on our pockets. I have no idea what happened to a simple plain t-shirt and old jeans but I blame the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy bullshit that happened a few years ago. After the Metro-Sexual wave ended, it's almost like the pendulum swung so hard the opposite direction, that now it's cool to dress like a blind person dressed you. (See current pictures of Justin Bieber)
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 12:51 PM   #4017
B Watts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I saw my grandpa's nuts when I was a kid...and they were huge.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      07-21-2020, 12:53 PM   #4018
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

back on track
Appreciate 2
      07-21-2020, 01:06 PM   #4019
B Watts
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
back on track
Glad I can assist
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 01:43 PM   #4020
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Watts View Post
I saw my grandpa's nuts when I was a kid...and they were huge.
Where they really huge or was it merely size induced point of reference?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 01:56 PM   #4021
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

Ever since the Quarantine, I've been letting my nose hair grow out. There's one really long strand that touches my mustache.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 01:58 PM   #4022
B Watts
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Where they really huge or was it merely size induced point of reference?
He was def. smuggling grapefruits.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 02:01 PM   #4023
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Watts View Post
He was def. smuggling grapefruits.
......and how did this make you feel? Did it leave you with a sense of inadequacy or make you never want to have sex?

I saw my parents naked once, that I remember. I'm still seeing a therapist.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 02:54 PM   #4024
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hammock View Post
my nose hair... really long strand... my mustache.
double whammy
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 04:47 PM   #4025
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I will see what I can do. Right now may not be the best time (she has house pests staying and other stuff going on) and I have changes I want to make. I need to start an exercise program, and her sister-in-law is a trainer, so when I'm ready to start I'll contact her. In December, I am booked in for a 3 day Skip Barber Formula 4 Racing School so I need to be fitter and in a better shape (i.e. not round). So perhaps I'll hold off on the new wardrobe!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 05:15 PM   #4026
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Got some strange for first time in 12 years. It was strange
You've got to be kidding
Appreciate 0