Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_internet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russmov View Post
Sucks that you have to deal with it happening in the first place, but great news that they are covering you. I would truly hate to see the bill for that repair lol

Yep I am glad they are covering it. I am sure that I will have some other items that I will have to pick up. I did ask them to flush the coolant. However, a new engine well.... I am sure that I will have to pay for the coolant.. overall not happy that it was a bearing with 47k miles and I would expect better quality... BUT I am happy that they spent the time, did not skimp, and did the right thing!
Yeah absolutely. It's always good to see a company stand behind their product. Although, like you said, it sucks it happened with so little miles on it. Nevertheless it's being taken care of, and yes you will prob have to pay for the coolant lol. Small price to pay in comparison
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 09:09 PM   #24
amw896
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [10.00]
sounds like waste gate rattle. Wouldn't you have the same noise when just revving at standstill if it was engine related?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 08:50 AM   #25
j_internet
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 Sport Carbon Black

Well the good news is that I got my X5 back a week and 1/2 ago. It has been working great! Looking at the invoice they replaced the motor (long block rebuilt) and the turbo.

They did a good job. Now after talking to the service writer and then a call to BMW custom service I did question any warranty / workmanship.

As a FYI..
Both told me as it was done under mfg warranty it is only good till the warranty expires (which was 3 weeks ago). If it was out of pocket repair after the warranty it would be 2 years. So effectually there is none. However, there is some good faith in there... Kind of stinks I would have expected at least 1 year.

So looks like I am in a hunt for an extended warranty to cover my butt!!! CNA I can’t find a local place. For Route 66 I have to open an account with a credit union. Looking for options....

Suggestions?
Appreciate 0