BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
JW83
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

A few questions before ordering one

We have narrowed down our choices between the 2014 X5 50i and the Range Rover sport Supercharged. Leaning toward the BMW now for the better drive dynamics and better cabin tech, but have a few questions for you guys:

1) In the US, is there any way to get the paddle shifters without getting the M-Sport line? I like the look of the Xline a lot more but also want shifters. What are the non-cosmetic changes to the car getting the M-sport line aside from the shifters/sport auto transmission and the slightly firmer suspension?

2) Did anyone here get the 3rd row option? How useful is it in a pinch? Would my wife and her friends who are on average 5'5" fit back there?

3) Do you need to the full LED headlight package to get the daytime runnign led "rings" and top line on the car? I think it looks really nice but not sure if it is part of the full LED package. Does anyone here have a picture of the difference between the Full LED package vs the Xenons at night?

4) I currently use a bumperguard like this one on my car: https://www.bumperbully.com/bumper_b...mper_guard.jpg
But is it possible to still use that w/ the split tailgate? Does anyone here live in a major urban area that parallel parks and use something to keep off those to who "bump park"?

5) Does anyone know if the full lcd instrument display is coming soon to replace the analogue ones? Looks really nice on a 7 series and I heard they were going to introduce it here, but never seen it as an option available.

6) Has anyone timed this car from 0-60? See 4.9secs manufacturer estimated but saw caranddriver instrument test the new range rover sport and that got 4.6. I'm guessing this car has to be in the same zip code b/c it felt faster when i test drove it.

Thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW83 View Post
We have narrowed down our choices between the 2014 X5 50i and the Range Rover sport Supercharged. Leaning toward the BMW now for the better drive dynamics and better cabin tech, but have a few questions for you guys:

1) In the US, is there any way to get the paddle shifters without getting the M-Sport line? I like the look of the Xline a lot more but also want shifters. What are the non-cosmetic changes to the car getting the M-sport line aside from the shifters/sport auto transmission and the slightly firmer suspension?

2) Did anyone here get the 3rd row option? How useful is it in a pinch? Would my wife and her friends who are on average 5'5" fit back there?

3) Do you need to the full LED headlight package to get the daytime runnign led "rings" and top line on the car? I think it looks really nice but not sure if it is part of the full LED package. Does anyone here have a picture of the difference between the Full LED package vs the Xenons at night?

4) I currently use a bumperguard like this one on my car: https://www.bumperbully.com/bumper_b...mper_guard.jpg
But is it possible to still use that w/ the split tailgate? Does anyone here live in a major urban area that parallel parks and use something to keep off those to who "bump park"?

5) Does anyone know if the full lcd instrument display is coming soon to replace the analogue ones? Looks really nice on a 7 series and I heard they were going to introduce it here, but never seen it as an option available.

6) Has anyone timed this car from 0-60? See 4.9secs manufacturer estimated but saw caranddriver instrument test the new range rover sport and that got 4.6. I'm guessing this car has to be in the same zip code b/c it felt faster when i test drove it.

Thanks everyone!
I'll take a few of them

1) No and you can specify standard suspension options if you really want, or get dynamic handling to give you a wider range of options.

3) Xenon or LED gives you the rings.

4) Best guess - 2015 MY. Generally speaking its available on the 5 and 7. Why it was never released at the SOP on the X5 is strange, but could be a supplier issue. It will certainly come, its a feature that will become the norm in most cars moving forward.

5) Not sure it really matters for the X5 imo. Its just a big heavy SUV. So long as its not taking 14s to get up to highway speed I wouldnt worry about it. I would be more concerned about how much fuel it burns.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 02:19 AM   #3
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

Full lcd available from 9/2014 MY 2015, You Will find all of the Above questions dabated extensively by Doing a Search.
Appreciate 0