BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

03-27-2024, 01:30 PM   #1
SaturnX
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Question 2014 F15 - Unlock After Driving - Option Coded But Not Working

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has come across this issue. I'm using the latest iOS BimmerCode app with an OBDLink CX+ BT adapter for my 2014 X5 x35d.

In BimmerCode I set "Unlock doors automatically" to "aktiv" and coded the BDC_BODY.

It was the only change I made, and coding was successful.

Turned off the car, started it up and went for a quick drive. As expected, all doors automatically locked. However when I got home and parked and turned off the car, I was expecting all doors to unlock as per the coding? However, no doors unlocked after turning off the car.

I've got Comfort Access all enabled from the factory, so I'm not sure if this setting is somehow conflicting with another coded option?

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 05:09 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

What…it still took TWO pulls to open the door after you did the coding you mentioned?

Or…are you able to pull on the door handles after the doors have been locked and only have to do one pull? If yes, then the coding took affect…and the good news is…if you have auto lock activated…if you were to park somewhere and a person with bad intent is waiting nearby for you to put the car in park and then car jack you by rushing to a passenger door and pull a door handle…they would be stopped because the outer door handle is still locked if the door pin is still down, but on the inside, the passengers only have to pull the door handle once…just as if the door was never locked.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 05:33 PM   #3
SaturnX
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Hmm… I’ll need to double check, as my interpretation was that it would unlock all the doors (both in and out) after shutting the car off. Now it seems I’ve misunderstood!

The coding, at least in the module, stuck as I re-read after coding and the value was still set, seems it’s just my lack of understanding of the expected behaviour. I’ll check and report back.
Appreciate 0