BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

02-25-2024, 07:20 PM   #23
X5MBlue
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigaTony1982 View Post
I’ve used Clutch for both of our cars:

https://www.clutchautodeals.com
thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 09:31 AM   #24
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
End of day. You need to eat and the CA needs to feed his family. If you go in w/the attitude of trying to rape them no one will be happy.

Also what is your value to the dealership. Are you the type of customer that will buy parts and have your service done there or are you someone with no loyalty and only interested in price. The CA will take this into consideration too.
that's true... but I usually don't just throw a random number at them.

I search online around for the best price(including those dealers or brokers who advertise on Bimmerpost).... then I take the lowest quote and email it to a few dozen BMW dealers within a few hours from me. Whichever dealer replies and matches the price gets my money. Or is that wrong? That's pretty much how I purchased my last few cars anyway...
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2024, 10:13 AM   #25
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilver.X1 View Post

I search online around for the best price(including those dealers or brokers who advertise on Bimmerpost).... then I take the lowest quote and email it to a few dozen BMW dealers within a few hours from me. Whichever dealer replies and matches the price gets my money. Or is that wrong? That's pretty much how I purchased my last few cars anyway...
My dealer responds to email and phone price requests w/MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 10:55 AM   #26
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilver.X1 View Post

If this has worked for you in the past then it isn't wrong.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 11:00 AM   #27
SpaceSilver.X1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
If this has worked for you in the past then it isn't wrong.
but always made me feel like a cheapskate.

then again... as my granpa(RIP) always said since I was 4... there's nothing wrong with being a cheapskate... just don't be cheap. (speaking of him... he gave me my first taste of vodka when I was only 7, and then every year at his birthday party as his little drinking buddy.. I thought that was just awesome)
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2024, 11:15 AM   #28
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Years ago I had a co-worker that would visit every dealer in Queens and Long Island when he was shopping for a particular brand/ model and announce to the salesperson when he arrived at the showroom "I am going to buy a car today and I want your best price."

The salesperson always went to the sales manager and come back with a fairly low quote. My friend would then say thank you and start walking out of the showroom. The salesperson would always stop him and remind him of his statement that he was going to buy a car that day. The answer he would always give was "that is correct but I didn't say from who" and then he would leave the dealer.

He visited several dealers with the same approach and by the end of the day he received followup calls from these dealers giving him even lower pricing than what was originally quoted. He did this successfully for years and has always received really sharp and below MSRP quotations.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 11:31 AM   #29
SpaceSilver.X1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
Years ago I had a co-worker that would visit every dealer in Queens and Long Island when he was shopping for a particular brand/ model and announce to the salesperson when he arrived at the showroom "I am going to buy a car today and I want your best price."

The salesperson always went to the sales manager and come back with a fairly low quote. My friend would then say thank you and start walking out of the showroom. The salesperson would always stop him and remind him of his statement that he was going to buy a car that day. The answer he would always give was "that is correct but I didn't say from who" and then he would leave the dealer.

He visited several dealers with the same approach and by the end of the day he received followup calls from these dealers giving him even lower pricing than what was originally quoted. He did this successfully for years and has always received really sharp and below MSRP quotations.
that was what my parents did in the 1980s.. well, without being dramatic, of course.... I still remember sitting in the backseat while they drove from dealer to dealer in the DMV. (mostly MoCo, PG and NoVa)

so glad that Al Gore invented the internet so I can just email all these BMW dealers now.
Appreciate 0