Radekxpl
The General
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 35D & E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod700 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radekxpl View Post
As the title states I have decided to experiment with fender flares from Ebay and I must say I am very pleasantly surprised with the results. I wanted to upgrade the look of the X5 with some flares but I did not want to spend $700+ on Oem flares, I have search around and found very attractively priced flares on ebay at $209.69 for set. Here is my experience and some pictures.

Here is a link to the flares if anyone is interesed at $235.60: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...sAAOSwH3ddSPJ4
$235.60 After placing the order it took 14 day exactly for delivery to my house in US, Upon opening the box and just looking at the flares everything looked well I am going with the black unpainted look so the raw plastic texture was important to me which it was, similar to the oem flares. These can be painted as well but I imagine would probably was to be sanded a little for smooth paint finish, I am not going to paint them so I'm not really concerned with that. Installation was straight forward and I am really happy with the look after the installation. Below are pictures of the final result, with 449 style wheels warped with plus size 265/50/19 Nitto NT421Q tires and a 25mm spacers in the rear. With Flares the 449 rear wheel does not look good without spacer 25mm spacers brings it out and it looks just right in my opinion.

Based on my experience at $235.60 you cannot go wrong with this fit is spot on finish is nice and its 1/4th price of the oem flares. Tip if your are installing these they don't come with rivets so you have to source them your self. I'm not a fan of the original pop rivet type one time use. I have used instead this type of expanding rivet with good results bmw part #51118174185 you can get these almost anywhere I have ordered mine here:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...PZ%26vxp%3Dmtr
I would definitely this to any one looking to get expended flares.
I have a black X5 Sdrive35i with the texture black trim. Putting on a set this weekend that I got form carparts.com. Looking at the fender rivet you used, how are they holding after a year plus? Looking to use the same for ease of use, but wanted to see if worth that vs. the pin type. Thanks in advance for the comments.
I used oe Plastic fender rivets and after 2 years still holding up very well, no deterioration whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 10:50 PM   #68
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
As the title states I have decided to experiment with fender flares from Ebay and I must say I am very pleasantly surprised with the results. I wanted to upgrade the look of the X5 with some flares but I did not want to spend $700+ on Oem flares, I have search around and found very attractively priced flares on ebay at $236 for set. Here is my experience and some pictures.

Here is a link to the flares if anyone is interesed at $236: https://ebay.us/qlMTl9
$236 After placing the order it took 14 day exactly for delivery to my house in US, Upon opening the box and just looking at the flares everything looked well I am going with the black unpainted look so the raw plastic texture was important to me which it was, similar to the oem flares. These can be painted as well but I imagine would probably was to be sanded a little for smooth paint finish, I am not going to paint them so I'm not really concerned with that. Installation was straight forward and I am really happy with the look after the installation. Below are pictures of the final result, with 449 style wheels warped with plus size 265/50/19 Nitto NT421Q tires and a 25mm spacers in the rear. With Flares the 449 rear wheel does not look good without spacer 25mm spacers brings it out and it looks just right in my opinion.

Based on my experience at $236 you cannot go wrong with this fit is spot on finish is nice and its 1/4th price of the oem flares. Tip if your are installing these they don't come with rivets so you have to source them your self. I'm not a fan of the original pop rivet type one time use. I have used instead this type of expanding rivet with good results bmw part #51118174185 you can get these almost anywhere I have ordered mine here:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...PZ%26vxp%3Dmtr
I would definitely this to any one looking to get expended flares.
Do you have any spacers in the front in these pics?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 10:59 PM   #69
Radekxpl
The General
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 35D & E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Do you have any spacers in the front in these pics?
No I do not
Appreciate 1
Vivek.1367.50
      01-31-2022, 11:31 AM   #70
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
No I do not
Thanks! I ordered em based on your recommendation and they arrived over the weekend. Will post pics once they're on
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0