BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-04-2021, 08:29 AM   #1
jab23
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Center Armrest Creaking Fix

Was uploading a video for my hatch creaking fix to another thread and came across this armrest video I had taken with another issue I had. The passenger side half of the center console armrest creaked like crazy when you pressed on it or put you elbow on it. The driver side did it a bit to, but not nearly as bad.

It turned out to be the platics aroud the inside hinge area rubbing together. I was able to pull the plastic shrouds back far enough (to the point of heting my fingers) to get some vaseline smudged under the hinge areas. Sound went away completley and has been gone since I got my car last October. See first video for what I'm talking about. You'll have to turn the sound on. Second video is similar, but points to fix areas. Hope this helps if anyone else has this issue.

Edit: Not sure why the first video is so wonky, but you get the sound idea.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Last edited by jab23; 02-04-2021 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2021, 02:57 PM   #2
m3fuz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 X5M, 19 X3 30i, 03 C4S

Interesting. I just went to the car and pushed and pulled and there was no squeaks. Maybe it’s just a matter of time or I’m lucky. Whichever, I’ll take it!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 08:40 AM   #3
Mando
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, BMW 228i, Porsche.

I hope I am doing this right. Help.

The rubber gasket that goes all around the driver side door entrance ripped where I rub it every time I get in the car. I assume this is common.
I believe the part is Edge Protection 51727289610 but cannot find anything specific to my X5 F15 on how to install it. There are other gaskets or weatherstrips but this one looks like it changes as it traces around the door frame. This is not the rubber that goes on the door. It’s on the body. Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0