BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-10-2022, 12:09 PM   #45
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypoop View Post
Happen to have the exact part # for the eldor coils? I believe I have a similar issue starting to happen…
Look in the descriptions under his video, an affiliated eBay link where you can get the Eldor coilpacks:
https://ebay.to/2U73nXx

The link to the video I watched:
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 02:11 PM   #46
yupetc
Captain
Rep

Also, I just found a after-intercooler-chargepipe provision by ER, link below:
https://www.rgsportshop.com/BMW/BMW-...1953&limit=100

Does anyone have any experience with this? I want to buy this because on my Wagner FMIC, if I use stock after-intercooler chargepipe, it gets squished a little bit to fit, and it at times kicks the intercooler joint loose, and I'd have issues maintaining boost.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2022, 12:28 PM   #47
Monkeypoop
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 Bmw X5 sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupetc View Post
Quote:
Happen to have the exact part # for the eldor coils? I believe I have a similar issue starting to happen…
Look in the descriptions under his video, an affiliated eBay link where you can get the Eldor coilpacks:
https://ebay.to/2U73nXx

The link to the video I watched:
What year is your X5? I have been researching the Eldor and don't see anything definitive for using that part #… I have a 2017 n55.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 09:45 AM   #48
yupetc
Captain
Rep

Quote:
What year is your X5? I have been researching the Eldor and don't see anything definitive for using that part #… I have a 2017 n55.
Mine's 2015. I purchased the Eldor coils under Vehicular DIY's link in the video description. Be careful when you buy from FCP/ECS/Tuner sites. They don't seem to be able to ensure a sale of the Eldor coils. I simply went with that eBay link and got the Eldor coils, heavy, black, and very robust just as Musa reviewed in his video.

Car's been running strong still. I sure don't miss those few months when car really struggles to fire well under load. Those fish-bite jerks really scared me. So glad it's all over now.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2022, 11:02 AM   #49
Monkeypoop
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Mine's 2015. I purchased the Eldor coils under Vehicular DIY's link in the video description. Be careful when you buy from FCP/ECS/Tuner sites. They don't seem to be able to ensure a sale of the Eldor coils. I simply went with that eBay link and got the Eldor coils, heavy, black, and very robust just as Musa reviewed in his video.

Car's been running strong still. I sure don't miss those few months when car really struggles to fire well under load. Those fish-bite jerks really scared me. So glad it's all over now.
Thanks, I just was not seeing any literature that said my 2017 N55 would work with those coils. I just didn't want to introduce any additional variables or risk. Knowing you have a 2015 means I am good to go on mine. I'll use the eBay link… thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 01:59 PM   #50
yupetc
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I just was not seeing any literature that said my 2017 N55 would work with those coils. I just didn't want to introduce any additional variables or risk. Knowing you have a 2015 means I am good to go on mine. I'll use the eBay link… thanks again!
No problem. And good luck. Hope this solves your problem the same it did mine. You can't imagine the relief I got after getting these to fully resolve my issues.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2022, 08:40 PM   #51
Monkeypoop
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
https://www.rgsportshop.com/BMW/BMW-...&limit=100

Does anyone have any experience with this? I want to buy this because on my Wagner FMIC, if I use stock after-intercooler chargepipe, it gets squished a little bit to fit, and it at times kicks the intercooler joint loose, and I'd have issues maintaining boost.
Did you get/have an update on whether the lower charge pipe works better than OEM w/ an aftermarket IC?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 10:57 AM   #52
yupetc
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Did you get/have an update on whether the lower charge pipe works better than OEM w/ an aftermarket IC?
Bought the lower charge pipe, but I blew the #6 injector port in the head while driving on a two-day road trip. It killed the injector and made some major leaks to the point where ports 5 and 6 or filled with gasoline, even gotten over to the ignition coil valley and it ate all the bonding in the ignition coils. Basically, I was able to cancel the trip and turn around on the interstate, driving the car on limp mode, running very rough and managed all the way back home. I just took the head out yesterday and ordered another one from eBay. So since I've taken that much parts out, I'll try to fit the new lower charge pipe as I go back in. But the new charge pipe should work well. I didn't open up the wrapping film, but it feels like a pretty solid metal piece. Maybe I should take a few pics and put it up here when I get the chance this weekend.

Anyways, planning to zip everything back together by Thanksgiving weekend. I'll only have the weekends to work on it, so it'll be a bit slow for me, despite how well I already know my way around the N55 motor.
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2022, 11:18 AM   #53
Monkeypoop
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Bought the lower charge pipe, but I blew the #6 injector port in the head while driving on a two-day road trip. It killed the injector and made some major leaks to the point where ports 5 and 6 or filled with gasoline, even gotten over to the ignition coil valley and it ate all the bonding in the ignition coils. Basically, I was able to cancel the trip and turn around on the interstate, driving the car on limp mode, running very rough and managed all the way back home. I just took the head out yesterday and ordered another one from eBay. So since I've taken that much parts out, I'll try to fit the new lower charge pipe as I go back in. But the new charge pipe should work well. I didn't open up the wrapping film, but it feels like a pretty solid metal piece. Maybe I should take a few pics and put it up here when I get the chance this weekend.

Anyways, planning to zip everything back together by Thanksgiving weekend. I'll only have the weekends to work on it, so it'll be a bit slow for me, despite how well I already know my way around the N55 motor.
Thanks for the feedback, update and sorry to hear about the issues you ran into…
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 12:49 PM   #54
yupetc
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, update and sorry to hear about the issues you ran into…
Did you get the Eldor coils installed and did it resolve your issues?

I bought 6 more today, though I'll only need 2. I do have an N52 E90 which uses the same. So if any more coils chokes, I'll have plenty of spares to get by.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 06:16 PM   #55
Monkeypoop
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Did you get the Eldor coils installed and did it resolve your issues?

I bought 6 more today, though I'll only need 2. I do have an N52 E90 which uses the same. So if any more coils chokes, I'll have plenty of spares to get by.
Have to install the coils yet, but waiting for new plugs to arrive so I can have a completely fresh start.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 09:17 AM   #56
yupetc
Captain
Rep

Quote:
https://www.rgsportshop.com/BMW/BMW-...1953&limit=100

Last Saturday I finally get the chance to put this aftercooler chargepipe into the X5. Fitment is perfect; although the insertion into the intercooler may seem a little loose, the seal did its job without any issues. But I'm glad to finally find something like this to put on the car; it completes the after-turbo plumbing upgrade to all metallic piping.

This is my piping setup:
- Turbo out into intercooler - FTP charge pipe
- Intercooler out and riser into upper chargepipe - ER
- upper chargepipe going onto throttle body - VRSF

I haven't the chance to try this assembly on the Wagner intercooler, yet. because when I put everything together, I was coming from a engine head replacement. So by the time I was done with the head and got the timing chain clocked in, I was in a mild rush to put everything back together to get the car on the road again. And I didn't want to risk using the Wagner intercooler with a feeling that fitment "may" be off as usual and get some air leaks. I'll be running my stock intercooler and leave MHD on stage 2 for now. Once I'm comfortable with the test of time, I'll put the Wagner in and if there aren't any leaks, I'll then flash it to Stage 2+.

At this point I feel like ever since the forged internals rebuild, this is the first time ever that the car's been running right and strong. So I'll be looking for less modifications to do trying to maintain some sanity with this motor. The N55 sure is quite temperamental to deal with.
Appreciate 1