08-01-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
08bmw128i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M

What do you think of my new build?

Hi All,

I have a 2015 X5 and it's had some mechanical issues and some quality issues, so BMW and my dealership have word an arrangement for a swap on the X5.

Here's what's coming in for me:

2016 BMW X5 35i

Carbon Black
Mocha Dakota Leather

Options:
Cold Weather Package
Harmon Kardon Speakers
Driver Assistance
Driver Assistance Plus
Lighting Package

I have the production number and the full vin for the vehicle, and should have it within the few weeks maybe 10 days or so.

So my question that I have is, when I went online to track my BMW build, it has more options listed then what it should be configured with.

It says it has the ACC + Stop & Go, and then the Adaptive M Suspension + rear axle air suspension

Would it be safe to say that I'm going to get these options, or should I go with what the dealer has configured and in their system?

It would be amazing if BMW included those options and I didn't get charged for them!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 01:33 PM   #2
aw305
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC Alpine White

If you have the vin use a vin decoder online to see exactly what you have
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #3
Chem14
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bmw128i View Post
Hi All,

I have a 2015 X5 and it's had some mechanical issues and some quality issues, so BMW and my dealership have word an arrangement for a swap on the X5.

Here's what's coming in for me:

2016 BMW X5 35i

Carbon Black
Mocha Dakota Leather

Options:
Cold Weather Package
Harmon Kardon Speakers
Driver Assistance
Driver Assistance Plus
Lighting Package

I have the production number and the full vin for the vehicle, and should have it within the few weeks maybe 10 days or so.

So my question that I have is, when I went online to track my BMW build, it has more options listed then what it should be configured with.

It says it has the ACC + Stop & Go, and then the Adaptive M Suspension + rear axle air suspension

Would it be safe to say that I'm going to get these options, or should I go with what the dealer has configured and in their system?

It would be amazing if BMW included those options and I didn't get charged for them!
Unfortunately no. You will not get any freebies. I had the same thing show up on mine, i didn't get any extras...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 01:38 PM   #4
08bmw128i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chem14 View Post
Unfortunately no. You will not get any freebies. I had the same thing show up on mine, i didn't get any extras...
I didn't think I would get any, but you never know...Maybe someone didn't have their coffee and built the wrong car lol
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #5
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

What do I think? I think since you got the Msport ( carbon black metallic is Msport exclusive ) I would have also gotten the upgraded Adaptive M suspension (2VF) at the minimum for additional $900. When dealers use one of their allocations to build your customized order some of the previous options get listed on the BMW site but in the end (by checking your VIN ) you will most likely get what you exactly ordered. I would add the 2VF option ASAP
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 09:15 PM   #6
08bmw128i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
What do I think? I think since you got the Msport ( carbon black metallic is Msport exclusive ) I would have also gotten the upgraded Adaptive M suspension (2VF) at the minimum for additional $900. When dealers use one of their allocations to build your customized order some of the previous options get listed on the BMW site but in the end (by checking your VIN ) you will most likely get what you exactly ordered. I would add the 2VF option ASAP
It was already built, and was in its last quality check before it goes on a truck and comes to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 06:22 AM   #7
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bmw128i View Post
It was already built, and was in its last quality check before it goes on a truck and comes to me.
Just live with it and be happy or refuse your order and build another one
Appreciate 0