BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #23
Patarix
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerobis View Post
Hello all, this is my first post! I came here because I am awaiting the new F15 xdrive 50.

I read everything the fellow members had to say of this new car (thanks for that ). I see that it is mostly compared to the RRS, but in terms of performance and sportiness they are in a different league and have each a different purpose, the BMW being more sporty and the Range more comfy. I would say a much fairer comparison would be with the Cayenne, which I have not seen anywhere. The X50 has the performance of almost the Turbo, despite having a price between the S and the GTS
Car prices in United States are really nice... Here in Panama (local currency here is the US$) prices tend to be higher, with some brands being MUCH higher. For example:

Bmw X5 F15 30d (same as 35d in USA): $ 85,000.00
Mercedes ML350 Cdi: $ 92.000.00
Porsche Cayenne Diesel: $ 95.000.00
Range Rover Sport 3.0 Diesel: $ 110.000.00
Range Rover 3.0 Diesel: $ 138.000.00
Range Rover Supercharged: $ 185.000.00...

Prices are with standard equipment offered by each brand, meaning that they have a few extra "typical" options inclunded, like leather, sun roof, electric seats, xenon, 19' Rims, etc., but no other "special" gadgets)

The beautifull X5 50i I saw at the autoshow, with M-Sport package, had a sticker price of $ 140.000.00...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #24
nick3753
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerobis
Hello all, this is my first post! I came here because I am awaiting the new F15 xdrive 50.

I read everything the fellow members had to say of this new car (thanks for that ). I see that it is mostly compared to the RRS, but in terms of performance and sportiness they are in a different league and have each a different purpose, the BMW being more sporty and the Range more comfy. I would say a much fairer comparison would be with the Cayenne, which I have not seen anywhere. The X50 has the performance of almost the Turbo, despite having a price between the S and the GTS
Agreed that performance wise this car is closer to cayenne turbo, at least 0-60 times. Handling and braking may be a different story. IMO most people cross shop on price range though, especially in this class of vehicle.
Appreciate 0