BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

02-06-2021, 07:03 PM   #1
X5X35D
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I hated the OEM yellowish bulbs so I changed them with 20,000 lumen LEDs.
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
I'm very happy with the brightness but I got the malfunction error
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

I need help with the coding please since I know nothing about that. I need that error message gone and also I want to switch off the cornering function because I don't want them to turn on as I turn the wheel. I only want them on when I turn them on, or even get them to turn on with the low beams when the switch is on automatic.

I'd really appreciate if someone form Toronto could do that for me
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 07:16 PM   #2
scotty339
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 x35i M-Sport

$20 Bluetooth dongle and BimmerCode and you can change it to let it know its a LED bulb.

The computer is reading the resistance of the incandescents too see if the bulb is burnt out and since the LED has way less resitance, it think its burnt out and hence the error warning.

5 minutes in Bimmer Code and you can change the parameters to LED aswell as some of there stuff you describe.

Very straight forward.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 07:32 PM   #3
CanadianLurker
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35d

I can help you out. I'm in Oakville.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 08:41 PM   #4
X5X35D
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLurker View Post
I can help you out. I'm in Oakville.
Thank you!
I sent you a pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty339 View Post
$20 Bluetooth dongle and BimmerCode and you can change it to let it know its a LED bulb.

The computer is reading the resistance of the incandescents too see if the bulb is burnt out and since the LED has way less resitance, it think its burnt out and hence the error warning.

5 minutes in Bimmer Code and you can change the parameters to LED aswell as some of there stuff you describe.

Very straight forward.
I'm gonna have to learn more about bimmercode and how it's done.. I see that I could code pretty much everything the way I like it. Just need a little tutorial
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 03:23 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5X35D View Post
Thank you!
I sent you a pm

I'm gonna have to learn more about bimmercode and how it's done.. I see that I could code pretty much everything the way I like it. Just need a little tutorial
There are tons of videos on YouTube that shows how Bimmercode works. And even if there weren’t any videos...its easy once you hook up the OBD II dongle and open the application. You just go to the ECU that controls what you want to change...make the selections...then hit the CODE button.

You can even go to the website (www.Bimmercodeapp.com) and click the SUPPORTED CARS link and then select your car and you can see what things can be coded and it states what control module it can be found inl

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 01:06 PM   #6
X5X35D
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Thanks everyone!
I just ordered an OBD connector, I'll get it tomorrow and CanadianLurker will help me remotely do it myself. Big respect!
Appreciate 0