BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-31-2019, 01:40 PM   #23
CT335xi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 m50i, 2005 evo 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlengle View Post
Thanks. I went on ecstuning website and it tells me these are not a fit. Is that just because they are not a normal swap for the X5 but they do fit/work? Did you get NGK over the BMW X5M because they perform better or...
I did the same as you and was told they didn’t work, but have looked at other sites and they are listed to work for our n63tu. I’m going to be purchasing the Ngk plugs very soon as they are good quality plugs.
04 325xi, 91 gmc Syclone, 08 335xi, and 13 x3 35i msp
2014 x5 50i msport
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 01:54 PM   #24
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlengle View Post
Thanks. I went on ecstuning website and it tells me these are not a fit. Is that just because they are not a normal swap for the X5 but they do fit/work? Did you get NGK over the BMW X5M because they perform better or...
I got them because in the other thread they were suggested to work and they do work very well.

I got them over the X5M plugs because I was buying stuff on Amazon and they don't sell the X5M plugs on Amazon...
      03-31-2019, 03:27 PM   #25
KillFox91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X35i

I went with X5M OEM plugs at factory gap ratings for the M.

Little more pep in her step; but not that much of a difference. I put them in with the future thought of the MPPK going in.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #26
aroach04
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 F15 50i M Sport

Are you guys only running the X5M plugs in your 4.4L when you have a tune, or are you running them w/o a tune as well?

MPBK | Meisterschaft GTC exhaust | H&R | V1 | IND | RG Sport |
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #27
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
I got them after I had problems with a tune, I don't see any reason to get them without a tune.
      04-01-2019, 05:34 PM   #28
UT_X5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Same as alphaod. Had to get them after the tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 08:27 PM   #29
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Get the NGK these days do to cost. We all ran the M because they were $4 a pop back in the day. Now they're triple. At least last time I checked which was a couple months. At that price I would run NGK. they are better than Bosch platinum.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 09:43 PM   #30
KillFox91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroach04 View Post
Are you guys only running the X5M plugs in your 4.4L when you have a tune, or are you running them w/o a tune as well?
I'm running without a tune currently.

No issues; replaced coils at the same time as preventative maintenance.

IMO if you're going through the trouble to get there and have over 70k; you should do the coils at the same time; instead of coming back later.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 07:02 AM   #31
aroach04
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 F15 50i M Sport

Cool,
Appreciate the info, thanks!

MPBK | Meisterschaft GTC exhaust | H&R | V1 | IND | RG Sport |
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 03:56 PM   #32
Speenybean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15’ Xdrive 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillFox91 View Post
Quote:

IMO if you're going through the trouble to get there and have over 70k; you should do the coils at the same time; instead of coming back later.
Quote:
Quote:

Hey man what coils did you go with? I'm swapping plugs with NGk iridium but Indy quoted me for 75$ a coil???? That's crazy
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 06:59 PM   #33
zcai31
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 50i

Hello, quick questions. Do you guys hear any clicking noise or craking noise under the car when you give WOT? Currently running ACN fuel Stage 1 tune. Went to the dealership a few days ago and mechanical said it’s all about the poor quality fuel. Just want check if someone have same problem with me?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 07:33 AM   #34
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcai31 View Post
Hello, quick questions. Do you guys hear any clicking noise or craking noise under the car when you give WOT? Currently running ACN fuel Stage 1 tune. Went to the dealership a few days ago and mechanical said it’s all about the poor quality fuel. Just want check if someone have same problem with me?
Assuming you don't have anything funky mechanical going on and what your talking about is pinging, which can ruin your engine. Happens up after tunes sometimes since they run higher the stock boost and timing. If you have race gas available where you live then mix 5 gallons of 100 unleaded with 10, gallons of 91 and see if it makes a difference.

You can also just fill up with 91 and toss in a bottle of octane booster. Use something quality like Lucus, VP, or Boostane. Do not use STP.

If the sound goes away then your going to have to get used to running a mix of race gas or ask the tuner to back off the timing/boost (or get used to buying race gas). This is assuming there is nothing wrong with your truck. If you are burning oil ( are you adding a quart or more between oil changes?), it will cause your octane to be lowered due to the oil getting mixed in the combustion chamber. Also assuming nothing wrong with your intercooler coolant system. Those are the two main causes if the tune is not running crazy boost/timing.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 08:04 PM   #35
zcai31
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Assuming you don't have anything funky mechanical going on and what your talking about is pinging, which can ruin your engine. Happens up after tunes sometimes since they run higher the stock boost and timing. If you have race gas available where you live then mix 5 gallons of 100 unleaded with 10, gallons of 91 and see if it makes a difference.

You can also just fill up with 91 and toss in a bottle of octane booster. Use something quality like Lucus, VP, or Boostane. Do not use STP.

If the sound goes away then your going to have to get used to running a mix of race gas or ask the tuner to back off the timing/boost (or get used to buying race gas). This is assuming there is nothing wrong with your truck. If you are burning oil ( are you adding a quart or more between oil changes?), it will cause your octane to be lowered due to the oil getting mixed in the combustion chamber. Also assuming nothing wrong with your intercooler coolant system. Those are the two main causes if the tune is not running crazy boost/timing.

Thank you for your infor. The dealership told me to add some fuel additive to clean up the carbons. And see what will happen next, i don’t know it makes sense or not. BTW, just tuned my friends BMW, same issue but much smaller noise, kind believe it’s all about the poor fuel quality in my area. I get some moly jectron additive, don’t know if it going make some difference or not
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 08:48 AM   #36
JMAN1111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 Black Fire X6M, F16 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speenybean View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Hey man what coils did you go with? I'm swapping plugs with NGk iridium but Indy quoted me for 75$ a coil???? That's crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speenybean View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Eldor coils here. They're amazing
Appreciate 0