BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-04-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Anyone Using Ecohitch for Their X5M?

I've been in communication with etrailer.com regarding the Ecohitch stealth hitch and although they sell it for a 2015 X5, they said Ecohitch can't confirm if it'll fit an X5M. Supposedly, backup sensors may need to be disabled and the bumper and exhausts are set up differently between the two models so they're not sure.

Has anyone tried this hitch and can provide feedback? It looks almost the same as the Stealth Hitch so I don't see why it wouldn't work. Price point is a lot better also at about $400 for the Ecohitch compared to $648 for the Stealth Hitch.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 06:42 PM   #2
ferrarif1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85, G05, E46M3

It seems like a $150 hitch based on the design. The stealth is guaranteed to fit and you tell there is engineering that went into the design including weather protection. By the time you factor in the install, $250 is not much savings for something you are not sure will work.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 07:20 PM   #3
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M

The two designs look very similar and at the end of the day, they're just made to fit in the allotted space. Both are made with good materials and powder coated for weather protection. And obviously, I'm not going to buy it not knowing if it would work or not which is why I posted this thread.

I just need it for my bike rack, not to tow and figured if someone knows that it'll work, then it's another option for potential buyers.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 06:42 PM   #4
DiamondGraphite
Rep
Drives: X5

Unclear for the X6

There are two stealth hitches - one made by EcoHitch and one made by Stealth Hitch

I called Torqcentral who explained the stealth hitch by Ecohitch (as opposed to the stealth hitch by stealth hitch) was not tested on the X6 yet. It may fit, but they cannot confirm 100%.

I spoke with Stealth Hitch by Stealth Hitch, and they confirmed that their hitch has indeed been tested on the X6.

The latter is more expensive, but may be worth if it you have an X6 and don't want to risk that the hitch does not fit.

Does anybody know if a hitch fits the X5, if it would fit the X6 (given that they are the same year)?
Appreciate 0