02-14-2020, 05:42 AM   #1
Spannermonkey
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 40

X6 (F16) DAB antenna location

Hi,

I’m experiencing poor DAB radio reception in my X6. Typically “No Signal” 99% of the time on my commute. Local dealership checked the radio and said everything was working within BMW specifications. However, the 4 series they loaned me while they diagnosed my car worked perfectly on DAB on the same commute?

Can anybody tell me where the DAB antenna is located in my 2017 X6 (F16)?

I would like to make sure I don’t have anything near the antenna that might cause interference, such as my BMW installed rear dash camera.

Regards
Dave
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 07:24 AM   #2
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ilter/BXNYnEj8
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 03:51 PM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Click on the link CatalinP posted above...then click the "HOME" link at the top of the page. Once back at the home page...type in the last 7 digits of your VIN...then when the page refreshes...you'll see a SEARCH box at the top right of the page. Type a keyword/phrase like "DAB aerial"...this should pull up multiple links that can be of help.

Sometimes the antennas/aerials are in different locations depending on the market and model you have. I'm making an assumption that Lincolnshire may be in the UK (???)...if so your DAB aerial may be located in the rear spoiler (along with the diversity antenna)...but using your VIN and clinking on multiple aerial location links may lead you to other info that may be useful if your DAB aerial is located in a different place.

The amp for the diversity antenna (which also facilitates DAB functionality) is item #2 in the illustration below...and is located in the rear spoiler area. You may want to check if that amp is working properly, too:

Here's another example from the TIS website of the various info that can be found...but it really helps if you use your BMW's VIN to look up info: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...erial/CsNvOCqn

Good luck.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 02-14-2020 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 1