BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-21-2020, 12:25 PM   #1
BleuDawg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Speedbuster $180 install review

Hi,

Purchased and installed over the weekend Speed Buster from bimmerworld - on sale now for $180 bucks.

Delivered without instructions or a pairing code.
Installation was super easy and vendor support responded back overnight with the code. So no worries.

I just went a couple of miles in it over lunch and could tell an immediate response - removed the sluggishness out of the car that has been obnoxious. I have a BM3 93 octane tune already and the speed buster helped liven up the car. I would recommend based on the 5 mile drive after heating up the car. Unfortunately the pull off the line stomping the pedal from zero still had lag but spooled up quickly (in sport+ and sport transmission). Driving the car in comfort was now bearable - before the installation I couldn't even drive the car in comfort as it felt like a 1980s Cadillac - totally woke up the car.

I will do some more driving and provide additional feedback this week but assuming it will make my garbage fuel economy worse but will be much for fun to drive. Let me know if you have questions.

FYI: 2014 X5 Sdrive with 45K miles Msport on 19s: BM3 93 octane tune with cold air intake.
Appreciate 0