BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-30-2021, 12:45 AM   #89
MBoss_F86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X6M

I did MHD Stage 1 93oct tune first and then xHP Stage 2 TCU tune to support increased power from MHD tune
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2022, 12:10 PM   #90
X5MNY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue By You View Post
Question for everyone about process, if it matters: Would you flash the tune first then flash XHP? Or would you flash XHP first then flash the tune?
Did my tune first, then xhp. All i have extra on xhp setting is the line pressure increase checked.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2022, 08:21 PM   #91
OperationROL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M & BMW X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5MNY View Post
Did my tune first, then xhp. All i have extra on xhp setting is the line pressure increase checked.
Can you shed some light on what that will do for you. I was under the impression that I only need to adjust that if my clutches are losing life. Thx
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 09:51 PM   #92
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoss_F86 View Post
I did MHD Stage 1 93oct tune first and then xHP Stage 2 TCU tune to support increased power from MHD tune
I'm running BM3 Stage 2 tune with HFC downpipes and just ordered this XHP tune, I think i will be running stage 2 XHP and will adjust some settings in there... I just ordered it today so hopefully tomorrow it will be available for me to flash.... can't wait.
      01-25-2022, 06:55 PM   #93
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationROL View Post
Can you shed some light on what that will do for you. I was under the impression that I only need to adjust that if my clutches are losing life. Thx
It says it on there to adjust it in order to prevent clutches from loosing life. I guess higher pressure prevents clutches from slipping, especially for tuned cars with more power...
      01-25-2022, 07:33 PM   #94
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

I've had this xHP tune for at least a year now and from what I could feel it deff makes power like crazy and once I switch the line pressure on it was night n day I'm good way but it's cold here in New York and I could deff feel trans isn't shifting smooth when cold almost like don't wanna shift until hits 3-4000 rpm which u don't want to be doing while truck is cold.. o my way I help that is to keep everything in comfort and put in manual but that's also annoying.. it's deff a nice upgrade and I'm going to leave it on but I could deff tell there's trouble ahead lol only setting I messed with is the line pressure and running stage 3 with stage 2 bm3 catless dp and truck is a beast
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 04:26 PM   #95
CaliX6M
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M

Bringing this post back from the dead. I have a X6m F86, on BM3 stage 1 and just uploaded the xHP transmission tune yesterday. I ran it stage 2 with a little spirited driving in sport+ mode. The shifts are lightening fast. Very recommended.
Appreciate 2
      05-13-2023, 11:28 AM   #96
bert2stone
Rep
Drives: F86

XHP released the Max-performance feature https://www.facebook.com/xhpflashtoo...fVeu4Ba67ZcgQl , this feature is already available for F85/F86.

I cannot compare the difference before this feature was released, because I installed the Stage 3 v1.2 (no custom settings) directly from the OEM setup. I knew the XHP from my other vehicles, so maybe I was expecting too much. Before install I was driving my F86 on D2, which was very satisfatory and gear changes lightning fast already while still very comfortable.

Now using the same D2 I feel with just less throttle the car wants to downshift more providing harder acceleration and I had to recalibrate slightly my right foot for a comfy ride. My car makes the OEM power and has less than 20K KM, I cannot state if the F86 installation was worth it or not comparing the F25 30D or E71M, in which cars the improvement was so huge and now I cannot imagine going back to the lazy stock TCU programm.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2023, 04:16 AM   #97
bert2stone
Rep
Drives: F86

XHP F85/F86 Stage 3 map version 1.3 released

XHP released a new application version with a new user interface recently.

When I was testing it, I noticed a new version 1.3 of Stage 3 map became available 16th of May with "Improved Launch Control for high-power vehicles > 700HP".

I flashed the Stage 3 map v 1.3, with my car having the OEM power, I haven't noticed any change against the previous v 1.2. I didn't put any custom settings except disable start/stop, which I had previously disabled using BimmerCode anyway.

After few weeks of using v 1.2/ v 1.3 compared to OEM, the Max-performance feature is noticeable and I got used to it. When cruising and sudden accelration is needed, the quick press of accelerator (30-80%) seems to produce slightly harder initial acceleration kick (like if the table of accelerator pedal angle is transformed to a higher throttle opening angle / valvetronic lift) and shifting process reduces the torque delivery slightly less.

The full accelerator push or kick-down made kind of hard acceleration on OEM settings already.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 09:02 AM   #98
Boise
Canada
Rep
Drives: X50i M pack

Garage List
Don’t throw me under the bus guys.

I currently own a dinan throttle booster.

How is it compliant with xhp ? No more need for Dinan ? Useless and/or dangerous using both ?

Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0