BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
gpguy25
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

X5 F15: Wifi Hotspot / Apple Carplay

I've search far and wide, both on the forums, google and youtube. I've located the video that shows you how to setup a hotspot, but unfortunately for me, I do not have the same menu as the car in the video nor do I have the same options.

I have a 2018 BMW X5. I have Apple Carplay enabled. If my daughter wants to use her ipad I used to have her use my cell phone as a hotspot. However, because Carplay uses the wifi it won't allow her to use my phone as a hot spot. When I search for wifi connections on her ipad, I see that the BMW pops up as a network, but I can't find the password for her to join.

Questions: (1) can my car utilize Apple Carplay while simultaneously offering a hot spot for others to use, (2) if yes, where do I find the password, because I've gone through all the menus and hit the option button to see if there were any other options, but I've found nothing.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 12:01 PM   #2
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Can you share the video so we can also understand ?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #3
x6spacegrey
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Garage List
2016 BMW X6  [0.00]
have you tried connecting to Apple carplay via USB?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 06:51 PM   #4
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpguy25 View Post
I've search far and wide, both on the forums, google and youtube. I've located the video that shows you how to setup a hotspot, but unfortunately for me, I do not have the same menu as the car in the video nor do I have the same options.

I have a 2018 BMW X5. I have Apple Carplay enabled. If my daughter wants to use her ipad I used to have her use my cell phone as a hotspot. However, because Carplay uses the wifi it won't allow her to use my phone as a hot spot. When I search for wifi connections on her ipad, I see that the BMW pops up as a network, but I can't find the password for her to join.

Questions: (1) can my car utilize Apple Carplay while simultaneously offering a hot spot for others to use, (2) if yes, where do I find the password, because I've gone through all the menus and hit the option button to see if there were any other options, but I've found nothing.
I use my iPhones wifi hotspot to connect my BM3 wifi agent while connected to wireless CarPlay. I have the Joyeauto wireless CarPlay unit but i would think the stock CarPlay would be the same.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 09:01 PM   #5
artem123
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30

I use a car play, and my son's ipad connected to a car's hot spot with no problem.