BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-06-2019, 12:55 AM   #1
zjaiz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MComp

End of lease options

Sup everyone! This forum has been helpful and give me a lot of info regarding about our cars.. although my lease is up on aug of next year.. if I decided to buy the car, do you guys think that the payments will be lesser than my lease price or no? this is my first time dealing with this stuff. Thank you so much for the advance responses!!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 02:30 AM   #2
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjaiz View Post
Sup everyone! This forum has been helpful and give me a lot of info regarding about our cars.. although my lease is up on aug of next year.. if I decided to buy the car, do you guys think that the payments will be lesser than my lease price or no? this is my first time dealing with this stuff. Thank you so much for the advance responses!!
It all depends on the balance amount and terms. You can plug in some values in a car calculator and come up with different payment options.
Appreciate 1
zjaiz180.00
      12-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #3
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

If you already decide that car worth to you at it's Residual Value, the better question would be could you ask the dealer to CPO it (dealer can get the car below RV from BMWFS and may pass on the savings to you). Also there is incentive right now getting CPO financing @1.99% and cash credit for December, I think the cash credit is $1000. Maybe even loyalty credit. If you trust your SA at the dealer ask him/her about all December incentives, shouldn't be secret.

The only caveat, CPO means you get charged for it, but you get an extra 1yr of full BMW warranty.

Only you can decide either pay the RV then go to credit union or even pay cash or go the above route.

Almost forgot, CPO M-car has BMWCCA $500 rebate as well

GL
Appreciate 1
zjaiz180.00
      12-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #4
ajgraham
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Nada

Main problem is BMW almost always sets the residual value too high in order to make leasing more appealing. That’s great when you’re leasing but almost always makes buying it a bad financial decision.

You used to be able to hand the vehicle back, the dealer would CPO it and you’d buy it back but BMW financial services will not allow it now. They won’t even allow you to buy it back after you’ve handed it back, they’re really strict with dealers about that. Depending on your spec the lease buyout and vehicle value might be close to $10k apart which BMW FS aren’t going to swallow.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #5
ekological
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5

I was told the CPO process for the x5m is $5k+ ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
The only caveat, CPO means you get charged for it, but you get an extra 1yr of full BMW warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #6
blazinpond
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M

Garage List
2019 BMW X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekological View Post
I was told the CPO process for the x5m is $5k+ ouch
ouch!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2023, 02:52 AM   #7
AlexMetah
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m4 2016

First of all, big shoutout to all of you for being so helpful and informative about cars! I've learned a lot here. So, my lease is ending in August next year, and I'm considering buying the car. But honestly, I'm a bit clueless about this whole process. Do you guys think the payments for buying will be lower than my current lease price? Any insights would be greatly appreciated! I'm new to this forum, and it's great to be a part of such a cool community. Also, quick mention – I've been hearing about this Mortgage Broker in Shrewsbury, they seem to be quite popular. If anyone has any experience with them, feel free to share!

Last edited by AlexMetah; 08-04-2023 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2023, 10:33 AM   #8
Yuille36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M, BMW M3, MB E63 AMG

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
That depends on several factors; such as the amount financed, 36-48-60 months and APR.
      09-05-2023, 01:22 AM   #9
carynadam
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mira 2015

My friend recommend me to join this forum. And yes very helpful information is available. Thank you all of you
Appreciate 0