infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess2098 View Post
Per Tom@EAS, bm3 is available for x5m
Too late... I'm running 22 pounds of boost....on 93.... with JB4.... doubt there is any more
      03-09-2018, 10:56 AM   #25
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

The BM3 guys are one of the best guys out there.

I don't know what happened with that guy, but ask anyone on the forums, they are top-notch with everything.

Also, they're working on the S63Tu engine flash as we speak.
      03-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #26
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 963mw View Post
The BM3 guys are one of the best guys out there.

I don't know what happened with that guy, but ask anyone on the forums, they are top-notch with everything.

Also, they're working on the S63Tu engine flash as we speak.
Go to their facebook page and check how many questions are left unanswered... They are good tuners, but problem with them is that they are very disorganized. When you ask them something - it's 50/50 chance you get an answer or maybe not lol. This is why I am still looking at Stage 2 tune - because my questions are still not answered and I asked them 2-3 times. Money is burning my hand and yet they are too busy doing something else. It seems to me, that they created bm3 in a haste and without taking a proper time to structure who is responsible for what. The result is that there's random guys answering and you never know who is who, and what's going on. They post bunch of M4 stuff, and while I'm glad that some M4 got so much boost and such and such specs lol - but my questions about x5 are left unanswered. What should I think after that lol? On top of that - again go check their facebook page - almost every day you see posts of users with issues and what's more interesting - it's again lottery like 50/50 - some of them get help, some are left in cold without any answers or posts from bm3!? If I pay for a license only $800+ - I kinda expect to get help and answers AND preferably BEFORE I pay - otherwise it's like buying a mystery box from ebay lol
Bottom line is that they need to pay attention to users and their questions and they need to decide who and how will take care of that - for now it's just a random guys answering some of the questions (not all) and you never know who is that guy - a random facebook user like you and me or someone who actually works on bm3? Also, almost every other day you see some issues with servers, loading, their apps, connection issues, VIN issues etc. It's a mess imho. I think it's because again they started offering a half finished product too early while still figuring out bugs and issues on the go.

I lost my interest in them, besides they don't offer anything that other tuners don't have. They are basically just yet another middle man with their proprietary software (bm3) that allows them to cash on you while providing a list of tunes/maps from other vendors lol. Question is - why should you pay them - when you can get same maps/tunes directly from the vendor you like most? Unless you like to switch and try a lot of maps/tunes - then yes, bm3 is preferable
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #27
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Go to their facebook page and check how many questions are left unanswered... They are good tuners, but problem with them is that they are very disorganized. When you ask them something - it's 50/50 chance you get an answer or maybe not lol. This is why I am still looking at Stage 2 tune - because my questions are still not answered and I asked them 2-3 times. Money is burning my hand and yet they are too busy doing something else. It seems to me, that they created bm3 in a haste and without taking a proper time to structure who is responsible for what. The result is that there's random guys answering and you never know who is who, and what's going on. They post bunch of M4 stuff, and while I'm glad that some M4 got so much boost and such and such specs lol - but my questions about x5 are left unanswered. What should I think after that lol? On top of that - again go check their facebook page - almost every day you see posts of users with issues and what's more interesting - it's again lottery like 50/50 - some of them get help, some are left in cold without any answers or posts from bm3!? If I pay for a license only $800+ - I kinda expect to get help and answers AND preferably BEFORE I pay - otherwise it's like buying a mystery box from ebay lol
Bottom line is that they need to pay attention to users and their questions and they need to decide who and how will take care of that - for now it's just a random guys answering some of the questions (not all) and you never know who is that guy - a random facebook user like you and me or someone who actually works on bm3? Also, almost every other day you see some issues with servers, loading, their apps, connection issues, VIN issues etc. It's a mess imho. I think it's because again they started offering a half finished product too early while still figuring out bugs and issues on the go.

I lost my interest in them, besides they don't offer anything that other tuners don't have. They are basically just yet another middle man with their proprietary software (bm3) that allows them to cash on you while providing a list of tunes/maps from other vendors lol. Question is - why should you pay them - when you can get same maps/tunes directly from the vendor you like most? Unless you like to switch and try a lot of maps/tunes - then yes, bm3 is preferable
I'm really unsure of who you are but feel free to reach out to us at any time to clarify anything. BM3 facebook group currently has over 600 members and we post in there to help but also have fun with everyone else having fun with their cars and whatever tune it may be they're running. I don't recall leaving any questions unanswered, unless we were sleeping There isn't an army of us out there, its a 5 people operation of that 3 people in tech support currently but we try our best!

As for custom tunes from us, we were providing custom maps to cars since 2012 but since building out the bootmod3 platform with a tuner directory we chose to focus on building the platform further while offering our own OTS maps that we have built ourselves like all other tunes we offer. We also update those maps on a regular basis any time we find better ways to do certain features or even change power delivery etc and updates are free of charge. If we also offered custom tuning then feature support would suffer as there simply wouldn't be time to build really useful features like datalogging, live dash, map switching, cloud based maps and logs management, built in custom tuning editor, end user adjustment screen to turn off cold start on/off, exhaust burble sliders for adjustment of that feature, diagnostics, TMAP changes for those looking to go with a 3.5bar TMAP in their map, unlocking over OBD port instead of pulling DMEs, etc. Platform is unique built from the ground up in house with no 3rd party software or files. Our flashes are the fastest in the industry with a full install and unlock taking less than 4 minutes on single DME cars and about 6-7 minutes on dual DME cars. Map switching takes only 40 seconds. All of this wouldn't be possible if we like others simply bought a Frieling cable like many do and sell the same file, many times bought from a third party, and see you later sort of deal. BM3 license also has resale value in that the original owner can resell it to someone else if/when they choose to move on from their current car and get some money back. We'd simply transfer the license over to the new VIN. Tuning is also fully transparent and you get to datalog our maps as well as any custom tunes and see how your car is performing. You can also take it further from there yourself or with a tuner of your choice, local or remote, and dial in the setup for your specific needs.

In your OP you mentioned the E series N54 engine as well for some reason. We don't support E series tuning of any kind at all and that includes both E series N54 and N55 engines. It has been that way since the beginning of 2015 when we started working on bm3 as again there is and was no time to do that while also developing bootmod3 features.

Whichever solution you choose to go with we hope it'll work out for you and wish you the best

Link to the bm3 facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1995370330682747/

Everyone's welcome

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 03-09-2018 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 2
963mw331.00
Fknid37.00
      03-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #28
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
I'm really unsure of who you are but feel free to reach out to us at any time to clarify anything. BM3 facebook group currently has over 600 members and we post in there to help but also have fun with everyone else having fun with their cars and whatever tune it may be they're running. I don't recall leaving any questions unanswered, unless we were sleeping There isn't an army of us out there, its a 5 people operation of that 3 people in tech support currently but we try our best!

As for custom tunes from us, we were providing custom maps to cars since 2012 but since building out the bootmod3 platform with a tuner directory we chose to focus on building the platform further while offering our own OTS maps that we have built ourselves like all other tunes we offer. We also update those maps on a regular basis any time we find better ways to do certain features or even change power delivery etc and updates are free of charge. If we also offered custom tuning then feature support would suffer as there simply wouldn't be time to build really useful features like datalogging, live dash, map switching, cloud based maps and logs management, built in custom tuning editor, end user adjustment screen to turn off cold start on/off, exhaust burble sliders for adjustment of that feature, diagnostics, TMAP changes for those looking to go with a 3.5bar TMAP in their map, unlocking over OBD port instead of pulling DMEs, etc. Platform is unique built from the ground up in house with no 3rd party software or files. Our flashes are the fastest in the industry with a full install and unlock taking less than 4 minutes on single DME cars and about 6-7 minutes on dual DME cars. Map switching takes only 40 seconds. All of this wouldn't be possible if we like others simply bought a Frieling cable like many do and sell the same file, many times bought from a third party, and see you later sort of deal. BM3 license also has resale value in that the original owner can resell it to someone else if/when they choose to move on from their current car and get some money back. We'd simply transfer the license over to the new VIN. Tuning is also fully transparent and you get to datalog our maps as well as any custom tunes and see how your car is performing. You can also take it further from there yourself or with a tuner of your choice, local or remote, and dial in the setup for your specific needs.

In your OP you mentioned the E series N54 engine as well for some reason. We don't support E series tuning of any kind at all and that includes both E series N54 and N55 engines. It has been that way since the beginning of 2015 when we started working on bm3 as again there is and was no time to do that while also developing bootmod3 features.

Whichever solution you choose to go with we hope it'll work out for you and wish you the best

Link to the bm3 facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1995370330682747/

Everyone's welcome
I'm interested in Stage 2 map/tune for x5 50i f15. The thing is there are lots of dyno numbers for s55 (just as an example) that you guys post often, but next to nothing for x5 n63tu. I asked couple times and no one replied. There are lots of f10 guys with n63tu too.

Do you guys have a current list of tunes with their dyno numbers for f15 50i I can choose from? I need that info before I buy of course - it makes no sense for me to buy something and then discover it's no better than the tune I have right now (Stage 1)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #29
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
I'm interested in Stage 2 map/tune for x5 50i f15. The thing is there are lots of dyno numbers for s55 (just as an example) that you guys post often, but next to nothing for x5 n63tu. I asked couple times and no one replied. There are lots of f10 guys with n63tu too.

Do you guys have a current list of tunes with their dyno numbers for f15 50i I can choose from? I need that info before I buy of course - it makes no sense for me to buy something and then discover it's no better than the tune I have right now (Stage 1)
Its just the nature of the beast with the N63tu. Unfortunately not many tune it and its a great motor with a ton of potential. We have maybe a dozen customers if that with N63tu out there so far. If you join the facebook group you may find a few but I'm really not sure. We just added obd unlock support for it beginning of this week so its fairly fresh from that point of view as we had to add support for where the most customer demand comes from. That's no sugar coating just plain and honest truth.

Stage 1 and Stage 2 91 and 93 octane maps are what we have available in the OTS Maps screen. We have a 30 day money back guarantee and you're welcome to try it out without much to lose. If you don't like it flash back to stock and lock the DME back up and we'll refund you no questions asked and you move on. If you decide to keep it you can resell it down the road and we'll transfer the license to the next owner you sell it to. We're here to help any way we can as always just don't be as hard on us as in this thread we're not the bad guys!
Appreciate 4
DuSh2112.50
963mw331.00
Fknid37.00
      03-10-2018, 07:38 PM   #30
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Quote:

Its just the nature of the beast with the N63tu. Unfortunately not many tune it and its a great motor with a ton of potential. We have maybe a dozen customers if that with N63tu out there so far. If you join the facebook group you may find a few but I'm really not sure. We just added obd unlock support for it beginning of this week so its fairly fresh from that point of view as we had to add support for where the most customer demand comes from. That's no sugar coating just plain and honest truth.

Stage 1 and Stage 2 91 and 93 octane maps are what we have available in the OTS Maps screen. We have a 30 day money back guarantee and you're welcome to try it out without much to lose. If you don't like it flash back to stock and lock the DME back up and we'll refund you no questions asked and you move on. If you decide to keep it you can resell it down the road and we'll transfer the license to the next owner you sell it to. We're here to help any way we can as always just don't be as hard on us as in this thread we're not the bad guys!
How about the X5M, where's information on that
      03-15-2018, 02:52 PM   #31
Travis1807
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixleasing View Post
I have an appointment with AutoCouture to get my Stage 1 DME TUNE on a 18 X5M. I had it on my 2015 BMW 650 and it was amazing
i'm currently running a JB4 but was thinking about going with a DME backend. what did you think about there stage 1??
      03-19-2018, 10:09 AM   #32
JcLusso
i build cool shit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Individual SMB F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
2016 BMW i3  [0.00]
I have it and am running Stage 1 93. I was a bit disappointed that there is no burble map though. If you do it definitely make sure you have a battery tender. Mine didn't go so smooth at first and I was happy to have not done it without one. Overall the platform seems really cool.

Current: 2018 Individual San Marino Blue M3 | 2022 BSM X5 MC
Previous: 2018 BSM X5 M
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 07:58 AM   #33
felixleasing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis1807 View Post
i'm currently running a JB4 but was thinking about going with a DME backend. what did you think about there stage 1??
Honestly, not as impressed as the 2015 650 BMW I had with their tune. I tested it vs the same car same conditions etc. Seems like I only gained 2 car lengths on the highway. On my 650 with DME I picked up a good 4-5 car lengths on the highway.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 06:33 AM   #34
kanz_min
Driving Fast But Staying Calm
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: 2016 F16 X6 35i, 2017 M2 F87.

Hello guys,
Does anyone use the bootmod3 for the X6 F16 35i (N55) xdrive?
My friends do it for F06 640i N55, F30 320/328i and the horsepower and the torque increase about 100 hp, the cars go faster. So I want to do it for my F16 (N55).
I need some advices from all who have experiences on this. Might this action harm my car's engine or not? And additional using bm3, do I have to change some parts for more effective?
Thank you so much, guys.
P/S: I live in Vietnam.

Last edited by kanz_min; 05-10-2018 at 06:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 02:22 AM   #35
zjaiz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MComp

Stage 2 93 oct ftw!! Flashing/changing maps only takes a few mins and technical support is always on point!! Cant wait to get a custom tune
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #36
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Wanted to provide some some feedback for members as it doesn’t seem like there is many BM3 users on this forum.

My thoughts about BM3 it’s a tune but more importantly a interface that can hold maps, log data and so much more. Most wont use majority of the features but it’s great have the one time you need it. Interface allows you to flash maps yourself as long as you have the obd cable which is like 20 bucks. Obd timing was introduced earlier this year and changed the ease of flipping to different tunes/maps. Most importantly is flashing your stock map back when needed within maps. Your stock map is held in the interface. When you purchase the BM3 license you get one of Protuning Freaks OTS maps/tunes. So beside the interface you do get a tune also. In addition you can request quotes for custom maps/tunes from many tuners if you are looking for something special like burbles. Those maps are held in the app also so you can switch whenever your tired of burbles. Another plus is that you can transfer or sale the license once I believe and recoup some of your cost.

I actually bought the license from another member.

I added the BM3 late last week and had sometime to put some miles on it and let the car adapt. The car is a different animal now with endless torque and power. Smooth linear power band. Running the ots stage 2 91 which came with the license. Came from race chip and no knocks on race chip at all. Flash and piggy back are completely different.

Haven’t had any issues so far and cross my fingers I don’t. My M4 has BM3 stage 3 and it has been flawless

My only issues right now that I am still trying to figure out is that my car did not get any louder which is typical with a flash and increased power. Doesn’t seem I have cold start anymore which in most cases is probably a good thing. The tone of my RK front mount intakes has completely changed. It could clearly hear them with my race chip settup but now they are much quieter. I hear more turbo spool than that whoosh.

Overall very happy with the tune and been that way with my M4. BM3 has changed the tuning industry. Having the ability to not go to your shop and tune your car is a huge benefit. Switching maps especially back to stock prob the biggest advantage.

The car is scary fast being so large and heavy but so much fun
Appreciate 2
zjaiz180.00
      08-22-2018, 02:57 PM   #37
zjaiz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Wanted to provide some some feedback for members as it doesn’t seem like there is many BM3 users on this forum.

My thoughts about BM3 it’s a tune but more importantly a interface that can hold maps, log data and so much more. Most wont use majority of the features but it’s great have the one time you need it. Interface allows you to flash maps yourself as long as you have the obd cable which is like 20 bucks. Obd timing was introduced earlier this year and changed the ease of flipping to different tunes/maps. Most importantly is flashing your stock map back when needed within maps. Your stock map is held in the interface. When you purchase the BM3 license you get one of Protuning Freaks OTS maps/tunes. So beside the interface you do get a tune also. In addition you can request quotes for custom maps/tunes from many tuners if you are looking for something special like burbles. Those maps are held in the app also so you can switch whenever your tired of burbles. Another plus is that you can transfer or sale the license once I believe and recoup some of your cost.

I added the BM3 late last week and had sometime to put some miles on it and let the car adapt. The car is a different animal now with endless torque and power. Smooth linear power band. Running the ots stage 2 91 which came with the license. Came from race chip and no knocks on race chip at all. Flash and piggy back are completely different.

Haven’t had any issues so far and cross my fingers I don’t. My M4 has BM3 stage 3 and it has been flawless

My only issues right now that I am still trying to figure out is that my car did not get any louder which is typical with a flash and increased power. Doesn’t seem I have cold start anymore which in most cases is probably a good thing. The tone of my RK front mount intakes has completely changed. It could clearly hear them with my race chip settup but now they are much quieter. I hear more turbo spool than that whoosh.

Overall very happy with the tune and been that way with my M4. BM3 has changed the tuning industry. Having the ability to not go to your shop and tune your car is a huge benefit. Switching maps especially back to stock prob the biggest advantage.

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 10:29 PM   #38
OldPueblo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f80 M3 Monte Carlo Blue & X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post

Can you go into a little more detail about the difference in the power/torque from RC to BM3? Was it night & day or just a bit more throughout the powerband? Yours is Stage II so that will obviously make a difference....is the turbo lag almost gone?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 11:51 PM   #39
Elementality
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F85 BMW X5M

I can also vouch for ProTuningFreaks and Bootmod3. I also had a custom Burble tune done by HCP as well. I went from Stock to Stage 1 which was a huge difference. More linear power, smoother shifts.

I then added a Dinan Intake, Dinan Exhaust and ER catless downpipes and went Stage 2 and again saw a decent gain in power. HCP then offered me a custom tune to add a little more power with exhaust burbles and WOW! Drivability and power increased again and the X5M is an absolute beast now. I have a few videos of the exhaust, but don't know how to share them here.
Appreciate 1
zjaiz180.00
      08-26-2018, 06:11 AM   #40
RaVe
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementality View Post
I can also vouch for ProTuningFreaks and Bootmod3. I also had a custom Burble tune done by HCP as well. I went from Stock to Stage 1 which was a huge difference. More linear power, smoother shifts.

I then added a Dinan Intake, Dinan Exhaust and ER catless downpipes and went Stage 2 and again saw a decent gain in power. HCP then offered me a custom tune to add a little more power with exhaust burbles and WOW! Drivability and power increased again and the X5M is an absolute beast now. I have a few videos of the exhaust, but don't know how to share them here.
I want to use BM3, but can u tell me if the OTS Maps have Burble tune integrated or not ? Is it only by using a custom Tune possible ?
What does a Custom Tune cost ?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 07:49 AM   #41
pachieh
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 X5M

While I'm not disagreeing with the increase in power/torque, this is why we need dyno runs posted so we have a quantitative result.

I've been lax at my new job and haven't gotten in for my Dyno day to see what Racechip has done to mine...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 09:08 AM   #42
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

A Vbox or Dragy run would show real world improvements.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #43
zjaiz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaVe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementality View Post

I want to use BM3, but can u tell me if the OTS Maps have Burble tune integrated or not ? Is it only by using a custom Tune possible ?
What does a Custom Tune cost ?
Has to be custom tuned, HCP is only the one that does it so far for the s63tu x5m, they charge 750.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 04:02 PM   #44
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Very good info in here, reading is fundamental lol.