BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-29-2019, 08:34 PM   #1
sinner-man
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M 2018 Azurite / Aragon

Footrest removal and install

Hello guys,

Is there any body that ever remove the footrest/deadpedal on their F85/F86? I'm think of replacing the original one with a genuine M performance one like this:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51472351267/

I can't find any DIY or procedure to do this...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
Blewx5m
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5m

I have the replica m performance pedals but i didnt install the dead pedal. It looks like an easy install, a little heat and a pry tool and patience. Its held together with tape
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 11:40 AM   #3
sinner-man
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewx5m View Post
I have the replica m performance pedals but i didnt install the dead pedal. It looks like an easy install, a little heat and a pry tool and patience. Its held together with tape
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! I heard that it needs to be pried very very hard and that it can broke tabs. That's why I'm looking for a procedure.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 04:00 PM   #4
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner-man View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! I heard that it needs to be pried very very hard and that it can broke tabs. That's why I'm looking for a procedure.
I did this mod. It just goes over the original dead pedal.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      12-02-2019, 04:05 PM   #5
sinner-man
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok! Thanks for the information!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 11:06 AM   #6
Javaco888
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to bump an old thread. I just got this kit and wanting to install soon. Did you shave/grind down the nubs of the original dead rest, so there's a flatter surface to adhere to?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 01:15 PM   #7
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javaco888 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to bump an old thread. I just got this kit and wanting to install soon. Did you shave/grind down the nubs of the original dead rest, so there's a flatter surface to adhere to?

Thanks!
I installed my dead rest over the oem one.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 04:10 PM   #8
Javaco888
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!
Ok thanks. I'll just paste it over also. Haha
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2021, 01:38 AM   #9
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!
Ok thanks. I'll just paste it over also. Haha
That is what I did and it works well. I pasted the official BMW M Performance pedal over the M Sport one. I initially bought a knock off from Amazon. The quality is much worse than the original, but a third of the price.
Appreciate 1