Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack123 View Post

I'll be happy to enlighten you. If you scroll up in this thread, you will notice a response from Variante who posted above about his setup yet never posted about it in the 43 page thread you referenced. And I know he has relatively unique because I have spoken to him about it previously. So that is a prime example of why you post a new thread - to get new answers.
And if you missed point, I'll highlight it from the forum rules for you

2) Search. These forums tend to accumulate knowledge, and so when you have a question do a simple search first. Alot of times, the best answers will be found in old threads that have gone over the topic in detail. If you can't find your answer or are still unclear, then by all means don't be afraid and post your question.

My list of threads was not exhaustive, my first answer was to SEARCH, the answers are already on the forum
You are shooting yourself in the foot buddy. Read the last sentence of that rule. "If you can't find your answer or are still unclear, then by all means don't be afraid and post your question." Note the part about being "unclear". In other words, if you have searched, found that 43 page thread and are unclear about the answer "don't be afraid" to post a new thread. So the rule you cited actually advocates for making new posts like these.

Oh and Variante isn't running the X5M calipers in the rear. Again, I've spoken to him about it.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 05:17 PM   #24
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

Quote:
You are shooting yourself in the foot buddy. Read the last sentence of that rule. "If you can't find your answer or are still unclear, then by all means don't be afraid and post your question." Note the part about being "unclear". In other words, if you have searched, found that 43 page thread and are unclear about the answer "don't be afraid" to post a new thread. So the rule you cited actually advocates for making new posts like these.

Oh and Variante isn't running the X5M calipers in the rear. Again, I've spoken to him about it.

Now we are getting somewhere. You can finally admit that a search is the first thing that should have been done, but the OP in this thread admits he didn't search, and the very generic question made it painfully obvious that he didn't.

If you don't find your answer, are unsure, unclear, or have new information, feel free to post.
      07-23-2022, 05:19 PM   #25
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
You are shooting yourself in the foot buddy. Read the last sentence of that rule. "If you can't find your answer or are still unclear, then by all means don't be afraid and post your question." Note it says that the part about being "unclear". In other words, if you have searched, found that 43 page thread and are unclear about the answer "don't be afraid" to post a new thread. So the actual rule you cite advocates for making new posts like these.
Now we are getting somewhere. You can finally admit that a search is the first thing that should have been done, but the OP in this thread admits he didn't search, and the very generic question made it painfully obvious that he didn't.

If you don't find your answer, are unsure, unclear, or have new information, feel free to post.
Lmao. Buddy, reading is fundamental. You must've missed his post where he states "believe or not, i actually know about the "search" feature and i was looking for some real world reviews". Learn to read.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 05:23 PM   #26
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Lmao. Buddy, reading is fundamental. You must've missed his post where he states "believe or not, i actually know about the "search" feature and i was looking for some real world reviews". Learn to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illerbiller View Post
hello all, got a 2018 X5 35d Msport and I hate the brakes, tiny little callipers wtf bow??!! eats pads every year or so... what is the most common upgrade? I like super strong and stiff brakes. M performance brakes or the brakes off an X5M? are they the same? do they both need to be coded in?
Thanks!
Knowing about the search and actually using it, are two different things. That question shows he absolutely didn't search, because those have been answered ad nauseum.

As for what rear rotors people are running, there are 3 basic options, the porsche caliper from Tronik, custom and the one being being offered by CBOZZ. in this thread

so much for your idea of a unique setup.....

see what I did there? I searched.......
      07-23-2022, 05:30 PM   #27
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hello all, got a 2018 X5 35d Msport and I hate the brakes, tiny little callipers wtf bow??!! eats pads every year or so... what is the most common upgrade? I like super strong and stiff brakes. M performance brakes or the brakes off an X5M? are they the same? do they both need to be coded in?
Thanks!
Knowing about the search and actually using it, are two different things. That question shows he absolutely didn't search, because those have been answered ad nauseum.

As for what rear rotors people are running, there are 3 basic options, the porsche caliper from Tronik, custom and the one being being offered by CBOZZ. in this thread

so much for your idea of a unique setup.....

see what I did there? I searched.......
Congrats buddy. Again, he said he knew about search (i.e. knew how to use it - not to good at inference huh?). You digging up old posts proves nothing. Looking at old threads NEVER guarantees you have the most up to date info. And making a new thread on a forum to get new information is a rather innocuous thing. Honestly, you dudes need to get over yourselves.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 05:37 PM   #28
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Congrats buddy. Again, he said he knew about search (i.e. knew how to use it - not to good at inference huh?). You digging up old posts proves nothing. Looking at old threads NEVER guarantees you have the most up to date info. And making a new thread on a forum to get new information is a rather innocuous thing. Honestly, you dudes need to get over yourselves.
Inference? More like assumption? You are missing the point entirely. If you search, and have questions about the myriad of options for brakes, and then ask a question, people will answer, especially the vendors trying to shill their wares.

When you ask a generic question when its painfully obvious that you haven't searched, you get anecdotal responses saying what individual people are running. How does that help answer which system is best? Whats the best for price / performance ratio / availability of parts etc. What the constraints will be on your wheel choices etc.

Digging up old posts where people have answered if X5m brakes and F15 performance brakes are the same thing guarantees that you have the right info, unless you expect BMW to go back and retrofit drifferent brakes to a model now 5 years out of production....
      07-23-2022, 05:53 PM   #29
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Inference? More like assumption? You are missing the point entirely. If you search, and have questions about the myriad of options for brakes, and then ask a question, people will answer, especially the vendors trying to shill their wares.

When you ask a generic question when its painfully obvious that you haven't searched, you get anecdotal responses saying what individual people are running. How does that help answer which system is best? Whats the best for price / performance ratio / availability of parts etc. What the constraints will be on your wheel choices etc.

Digging up old posts where people have answered if X5m brakes and F15 performance brakes are the same thing guarantees that you have the right info, unless you expect BMW to go back and retrofit drifferent brakes to a model now 5 years out of production....
Wtv buddy. We'll agree to disagree on this one.
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2022, 05:56 PM   #30
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Wtv buddy. We'll agree to disagree on this one.
      07-24-2022, 12:53 AM   #31
crystalworks
Captain
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's

Thanks for the entertainment fellas.

First thing I did when researching BBK options for our F15 was read the "brembo on a budget" thread. All of it (plus the MPBK thread). Does it take time? Yeah. Does it save an unnecessary new thread? Also yeah.

But whatever, I know it's far easier to post a new, 2 line-question thread, and hope for hand holding. I have certainly been guilty of that before (especially in my younger days), and got the same responses the OP did. Grow thicker skin and take your lumps from the forum regulars. They're the ones with the information (or know where to find it), most of the time after all, and if you ask a question in one of the other threads dedicated to that topic, especially an intelligent one that shows you did a modicum of research, they'll usually be happy to answer.

And lets face it, most of the time when questions get asked in this fashion... it's rarely by people who actually go through with the mod. Again, been guilty of this. Wastes time and effort, most of which people have limited quantities of.
Appreciate 2
Maverik2594140.00
      07-24-2022, 09:53 AM   #32
spyderdoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d. 2016 Porsche GT4

I installed the MPBK on my 2018 X5d almost a year ago, including doing the eSYS programming. Works great! Highly recommend. Quick tip, for the rear disk shields, use a tin snip to cut a wedge in the rear part old ones to remove them as well as the new ones to install them. This way, you do not have to remove the rear hubs. There is a YouTube video showing this "hack".

The front disk shields already have the wedge cut out from the factory, so no need to cut them....
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2022, 03:43 PM   #33
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So should he instead dig up an old thread and bring it back to the front? You do realize things CHANGE over time right? You expect everyone who is looking for the most current answers to go reference data from potentially years or months ago?
You mean the thread thats 43 pages long where everyone who explored brake options posted and contributed to the knowledge on the forum? Please enlighten us on what has changed since that thread.....
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1464952

I'll be happy to enlighten you. If you scroll up in this thread, you will notice a response from Variante who posted above about his setup. Note that Variante never posted about it in the 43 page thread you referenced. And I know he has a relatively unique setup because I have spoken to him about it previously. So that is a prime example of why you post a new thread - to get new answers.
Actually you just made his point for him. That's also discussed in the many brake threads and is not "unique" which you would know if you searched I think. It's ok. We understand you just didn't want to put in the time. You can't defend it which is why you're lashing out. You're in the wrong. You're not the first and won't be the last. Just show respect to the forum and those who have put in the work.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 03:46 PM   #34
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So should he instead dig up an old thread and bring it back to the front? You do realize things CHANGE over time right? You expect everyone who is looking for the most current answers to go reference data from potentially years or months ago?
You mean the thread thats 43 pages long where everyone who explored brake options posted and contributed to the knowledge on the forum? Please enlighten us on what has changed since that thread.....
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1464952

I'll be happy to enlighten you. If you scroll up in this thread, you will notice a response from Variante who posted above about his setup. Note that Variante never posted about it in the 43 page thread you referenced. And I know he has a relatively unique setup because I have spoken to him about it previously. So that is a prime example of why you post a new thread - to get new answers.
Actually you just made his point for him. That's also discussed in the many brake threads and is not "unique" which you would know if you searched I think. It's ok. We understand you just didn't want to put in the time. You can't defend it which is why you're lashing out. You're in the wrong. You're not the first and won't be the last. Just show respect to the forum and those who have put in the work.
It's actually you that needs to show the respect and stop being butt hurt by minor things. You aren't the forum police. If there is a legit issue, we have mods for that. Get a life.
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2022, 10:04 PM   #35
illerbiller
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15

thanks for everyone for thinkin im an idiot for not reading those threads, but sorry to break it to y'all, but i did read them all and i was wondering what is the most common and easiest upgrade from other people's perspectives other than the OP who made the post....nice try though...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 10:06 PM   #36
illerbiller
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderdoc View Post
I installed the MPBK on my 2018 X5d almost a year ago, including doing the eSYS programming. Works great! Highly recommend. Quick tip, for the rear disk shields, use a tin snip to cut a wedge in the rear part old ones to remove them as well as the new ones to install them. This way, you do not have to remove the rear hubs. There is a YouTube video showing this "hack".

The front disk shields already have the wedge cut out from the factory, so no need to cut them....
thank you for this!! this the type of response i was looking for
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 09:23 PM   #37
dentprotony@gmail.com
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 f85

Quote:
Thanks!
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...464952&page=42

See my post with porsche calipers made to fit f15 platform. 6 piston front and 4 piston rear , 374mm front 345mm rear rotors, excellent kit for tow/spirited driving/looks. Many threads and reviews on this on fb, heres link to one of my customers who installed these (fronts for now)

Best part on these kits is the rotor price compared to f85. Times cheaper and much bigger selection

Last edited by dentprotony@gmail.com; 07-27-2022 at 12:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2022, 12:12 PM   #38
lonestar22
Ground Clearance?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i & X5

Quote:
Oh word, so he is supposed to read through 43 pages to get an answer rather than just ask and get a quick response from the forum?
Yes. It's called research. You sound so entitled.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 01:49 PM   #39
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Guys, whats the best oil to use in my 35d X5M?

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 2
      07-27-2022, 02:12 PM   #40
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
Quote:
Oh word, so he is supposed to read through 43 pages to get an answer rather than just ask and get a quick response from the forum?
This isn't a University, it's a forum. You know, a forum where people have conversations? You sound so ignorant.
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2022, 04:47 PM   #41
illerbiller
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
Quote:
sorry to break it to you Mr Most Righteous and Forum police (lonestar22), but i did read all those posts and i was just wondering what other people's , not just the OP, what their real world experiences with the install and performance. To also see if anyone has tried any new setups that i haven't seen like someone has already posted. If it makes you feel like a man to be the forum police- then good for you bro- maybe you need the confidence and recognition.......
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 12:12 PM   #42
SpeedN8
Slower traffic keep right.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X5 35d & '18 M4 Coupe ZCP

Quote:
believe or not, i actually know about the "search" feature and i was looking for some real world reviews
I regularly tow with my X5d and one of the first things I did after picking up my F15 brand new was to tow (2) sxs's to West Virginia. That one trip had warped my rotors. The next week, I upgraded to the MPB kit and have loved them. It's now a sweet towing vehicle and can stand on it's nose in an emergency.
I've towed multiple side x sides as well as my m4 to the track. The sxs's are regularly towed through the mountains of West Virginia and Tenn. and have absolutely no issues. Never warped rotors and always plenty of braking power. If you're planning on towing, you'll not regret the upgrade. Also, the brake pads will last way longer than the original.
jmack1231300.50
      08-06-2022, 03:42 AM   #43
illerbiller
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderdoc View Post

thank you for this!! this the type of response i was looking for
did they need to be coded in?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 08:34 AM   #44
spyderdoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d. 2016 Porsche GT4

Quote:
did they need to be coded in?
Don't NEED to, but should do it. Here is a link to a DIY for eSYS to code it: