BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

08-10-2022, 03:49 PM   #1
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

Looking for DIY on retrofitting the pull up sunshade on side windows

Hi all,

I'm able to source both rear door panels which have the pull up sunshade option. Upon this past weekend, I took out my original door trim panels which are just standard. It looks like all the pop-up rivet locations will match, but along the upper rail, the metal clips of my current setup don't appear to snap into any holder on the sunshade trim panel.

Does anyone have experience retrofitting it? How does the upper rail portion get secured onto the inner door?

By the way, for the hook at the top, I'm able to source the hooks, self-tapping screws, and expanding nuts. Should be able to drill open some holes through the original inner trim sill to make this work. Just need to know how to secure the door trim panel's upper portion along the window rail.
Appreciate 0