11-03-2019, 01:23 PM   #23
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i101 View Post
As requested....ignore the dirt...(I put the 20" winters on)

Having a hard time figuring out the parking assist feature? I drive around, it shows the sonar image and camera, but never tells me when to stop....??

Also the camera views/parking assist seem goofy to me. I hit one button and I get the overhead surround view, but no other cameras....hit the camera view sometimes it goes to the front camera, other times the rear?? (Perhaps that is based on if I am going forward or back??)

Would be cool to have multiple camera (surround and front or back) in at the same time.

Is there a black border for the front kidney grill that looks good? Any have pics on their car?
As far as the NV grille is concerned, 3 choices really, including a wrap. There's a post about this somewhere on the board. Either go IND (straight swap) or M Performance (take it apart and swap out the chrome surrounds) or wrap. Let the mods begin!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 01:39 PM   #24
notyourdadsf86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6M

Garage List
2016 BMW X6M  [0.00]
Quote:

Having a hard time figuring out the parking assist feature? I drive around, it shows the sonar image and camera, but never tells me when to stop....??

Also the camera views/parking assist seem goofy to me. I hit one button and I get the overhead surround view, but no other cameras....hit the camera view sometimes it goes to the front camera, other times the rear?? (Perhaps that is based on if I am going forward or back??)

Would be cool to have multiple camera (surround and front or back) in at the same time.

Is there a black border for the front kidney grill that looks good? Any have pics on their car?
In order for parking assist to scan and park, you need to use your signal for which side you want. So you put parking assist on and before moving, turn on your signal and make sure it stays on the entire time you're looking. Just did it today and realized I was forgetting to signal. As for the camera views, i tend to agree. The vehicle is still new to me, but sometimes when I want 360 degree i have to stop the vehicle and press the parking off then on again. So unfortunately I cant help on that. I have been looking at IND for front kidney replacement and they offer different finishes. No picks though since I haven't picked any up. Hope that helps!
      11-03-2019, 10:13 PM   #25
335i101
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ViO~ View Post
Very nice! A genuine Silver Bullet.... Congrats! 👍👍
Thank, I am loving it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeO View Post
Quote:

As far as the NV grille is concerned, 3 choices really, including a wrap. There's a post about this somewhere on the board. Either go IND (straight swap) or M Performance (take it apart and swap out the chrome surrounds) or wrap. Let the mods begin!
Thanks for the help! So many mods...lol, just checked out the carbon fiber shifter and center console trim...over the years I had forgotten about the M mark-up, pricing those pieces I was quickly reminded of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexk1012 View Post
Quote:

In order for parking assist to scan and park, you need to use your signal for which side you want. So you put parking assist on and before moving, turn on your signal and make sure it stays on the entire time you're looking. Just did it today and realized I was forgetting to signal. As for the camera views, i tend to agree. The vehicle is still new to me, but sometimes when I want 360 degree i have to stop the vehicle and press the parking off then on again. So unfortunately I cant help on that. I have been looking at IND for front kidney replacement and they offer different finishes. No picks though since I haven't picked any up. Hope that helps!
Aha, the blinker make sense. I am surprised how confusing it all is. I read the manual, watched videos from the BMW website that state they are for my car, and watched some videos on YouTube....all of which seemed to show different procedures.

Regardless, I hadn't tried the blinker, I am sure that is what I am/was messing up! Thank you!
2008 M5 with muffler delete-sold
2007 650i-sold
2008 335i-JB4, DP, Meth-sold
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 10:57 PM   #26
335i101
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Dang it, you must have put a curse on me, as I didn't last too long.

Just ordered the carbon fiber shifter, center console trim and mirror caps!
2007 650i-sold
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2019, 11:44 PM   #27
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Haha, I think you've been bitten by the mod bug. Have you checked out PhillyX5M's interior? It's pretty sweet, and you're well on your way now. Enjoy your new toy! https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1661323
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 10:00 PM   #28
335i101
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Haha, I think you've been bitten by the mod bug. Have you checked out PhillyX5M's interior? It's pretty sweet, and you're well on your way now. Enjoy your new toy! https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1661323
Just checked it out, looks really nice! Why did you send me that link. Lol

Any idea on the mirror cap install? I have seen some videos showing you just pop off the old ones with a trim tool, other videos people took of the mirror first, and yet a third video stated that the M mirror caps have screws that must be removed...???
2007 650i-sold
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 10:52 PM   #29
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Any idea on the mirror cap install? I have seen some videos showing you just pop off the old ones with a trim tool, other videos people took of the mirror first, and yet a third video stated that the M mirror caps have screws that must be removed...???
Until someone chimes in, use the new TIS to guide you along: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...les/1VnXXEKI6w
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 10:48 PM   #30
335i101
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Until someone chimes in, use the new TIS to guide you along: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f85-x5-m-sav_201507/repair-manuals/51-body-equipment/51-16-mirrors-finishers-ashtrays-consoles/1VnXXEKI6w
Perfect thanks, I did see some videos of people using this technique.
2007 650i-sold
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 10:38 AM   #31
ec_E92
Enginerd
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3,E36M3,957GTS,E39M5S2

Congrats on the find OP!

How was the drive home? My wife and I had a similar 10 hr drive home when we found our manual Cayenne GTS (less than 400 made over 3 years). Best way to get acclimated to a new car and guessing it'll be another situation as we start refining our search for an X5M in similar trim to yours. Staying flexible and willing to wait a year or so for the right one, fortunately there are a lot more X5M's than 6MT GTS's 😁
      11-09-2019, 06:33 PM   #32
335i101
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec_E92 View Post
Congrats on the find OP!

How was the drive home? My wife and I had a similar 10 hr drive home when we found our manual Cayenne GTS (less than 400 made over 3 years). Best way to get acclimated to a new car and guessing it'll be another situation as we start refining our search for an X5M in similar trim to yours. Staying flexible and willing to wait a year or so for the right one, fortunately there are a lot more X5M's than 6MT GTS's 😁
Everything went good, well sort of. When I arrived at the dealership the winter tires that were on it were shot. When I had asked initially about the state of the tire tread, they said they were good. Turns out they were referring to the summer tires.

I was not very happy, but they were accommodating. They ended up paying 2/3rd of the cost and now I have a new set of rubber for the winter.

Before I left the lot, I went into the idrive to check the vehicle status. Learned there was/is a "electrical trailer fault" (or something like that). The dealership I bought it from was a Lincoln Dealer and couldn't work on it, so they sent me to BMW of Minnetonka, MN.

They were nice enough to get me in on a Friday afternoon, they initially thought the electrical system system on the trailer wasn't coded properly. They recoded it, but still got the error. So, the part is ordered and driving back there on Thanksgiving for the install.

After that, the drive home was a piece of cake. Lots of toys to play with on the car, the night vision is great, B&O is great, comfort is great!

If you have to do a long drive, it is much easier to stomach when driving your new car.

Attached are some pics from the dealership. It is the largest (by size) in the USA.

Edit: every time I post pic the app crashes...no pics for now
2007 650i-sold
Appreciate 0