BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-07-2019, 03:33 PM   #1
milleniumaire
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2018, Jaguar XKR 2007

Jack points on 2018 X5

Hi, I've found a few posts showing jacking points for the X5, but I can't seem to locate the central front jacking point for my 2018 X5.

I'm aware of the jacking points at the four corners, but I want to be able to lift the car from the front and then the back (using a floor jack) and to fit axle stands, which I would place at the 4 usual jacking points.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #2
Hashtag
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

I just went through this and I used the following thread.

Post #3 has a picture

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1528573
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 03:21 AM   #3
milleniumaire
Rep

Thanks for the link hashtag. Good to know I'm not the only one struggling thanks to the poor BMW documentation.

Anyone would think BMW doesn't want us to be able to jack up our cars and perform our own maintenance!

It sounds like you successfully jacked up from this central point. Did you remove the acoustic cover first?

Did you use axle stands? If so, did you place them under the usual corner jacking points or did you pace them under the axle/suspension?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 10:11 AM   #4
ComasF15
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleniumaire View Post
Thanks for the link hashtag. Good to know I'm not the only one struggling thanks to the poor BMW documentation.

Anyone would think BMW doesn't want us to be able to jack up our cars and perform our own maintenance!

It sounds like you successfully jacked up from this central point. Did you remove the acoustic cover first?

Did you use axle stands? If so, did you place them under the usual corner jacking points or did you pace them under the axle/suspension?
I just did a service with oil change using these jack points. I then fitted jack stand with a urethane puck to fit the jack points. Only hiccup is that you need a floor jack that elevates taller than ~12". In the future I will have a rubber puck on a floor jack than does 20" or higher.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 12:06 PM   #5
Hashtag
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:

I didn't remove the cover when I lifted the car and i placed the stands at the usual corner jack points.

I used the following adapters instead of a hockey pock for the jack points https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #6
milleniumaire
Rep

Thanks hashtag, I have the same jack pads.

In the end I decided to lift one wheel at a time and place an axle stand under the axle (for safety), with the jack still in place. I'm not actually going under the car, but simply need to take the wheels off to paint my calipers.

As it takes quite a while to clean and paint a single caliper I'm happy to do it one wheel at a time.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #7
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks hashtag, I have the same jack pads.

In the end I decided to lift one wheel at a time and place an axle stand under the axle (for safety), with the jack still in place. I'm not actually going under the car, but simply need to take the wheels off to paint my calipers.

As it takes quite a while to clean and paint a single caliper I'm happy to do it one wheel at a time.
Use a steamer and degreaser. Much faster.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0