BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-25-2019, 10:06 AM   #23
KCTiger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

There are two all-season options on carid.com: Accelera IOTA ST68 or Delinte DS8. Those would be the all-season options I would consider.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #24
BimmerTy
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 X5 50i M Sport

Garage List
Hey guys - The Accelera IOTS ST68 All Seasons have been better than expected! I've had them on my 612M's for almost a year (~12k miles) so have been through both extreme cold and hot temps here in central VA.

First off, the road noise is noticeably louder switching from 19"s - but that's to be expected going to such a low profile and WIDE tire- 285 in the front and 325 in the rear.

The grip is fantastic for what they are. I ran staggered Michelin Pilot Super Sports (MPSS's) on my previous car so I can relate to their "stickiness" in the corners. The Accelera's are not going to going to compete with MPSS's if you're on a track, but real life driving and taking exit ramps at 2-3x the posted speed limit is no issue.

One of the main reasons I opted for All Seasons is because we get all four seasons here in VA, and between the seasons there can be days that are in the 60s-70s and then days that are in the 30s-40s. I don't need to worry about shredding up winter tires on these warmer days or driving on summer tires under 40 degrees that can become extremely slippery and dangerous.

I've hydroplaned slightly (for less than a second) about 3 times in very heavy rain, probably driving faster than I should have. I've read this is fairly common with such wide tires. They also handled just fine in the few inches of snow that we got last year.

I've been running them at a slightly higher PSI due to the outer front and inner rear of the tires wearing faster due to the F15's camber. This is typical across all F15's running 20"+ tires. It is nice that the are non-directional, so can be rotated from left-right or right-left.

Then there's the cost, which I know is not a factor for everyone. They're half the cost of running the recommended MPSS's and Winters.

The Accellera's have performed beyond my expectations for an All Season budget tire - I'd recommend them for sure.
2015 F15 X5 xDrive50i - M Sport - Space Grey Metallic - 21" 612M - Accelera Iota ST68's - Black Dakota - Leather Dash - Poplar Wood - Ceramic - Shawdowline - Anthracite - Adaptive M - Full LED - Executive - DA+ - Surround - HUD - Enhanced BT - Soft Close - B&O - ACC Stop & Go - Multi Contour - 4 Zone Climate - Comfort Seats - Cold Weather - Muffler Delete - Akrapovic Tips - F85 Grille - 35% Tint - BMW All Weather Mats -- Missing DHP, NV, Active Steering, Rear Entertainment, & Cooled Seats
Appreciate 3
HJ478.00
Violator4587.50
      10-25-2019, 11:07 AM   #25
KCTiger
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerTy View Post
Hey guys - The Accelera IOTS ST68 All Seasons have been better than expected! I've had them on my 612M's for almost a year (~12k miles) so have been through both extreme cold and hot temps here in central VA.

First off, the road noise is noticeably louder switching from 19"s - but that's to be expected going to such a low profile and WIDE tire- 285 in the front and 325 in the rear.

The grip is fantastic for what they are. I ran staggered Michelin Pilot Super Sports (MPSS's) on my previous car so I can relate to their "stickiness" in the corners. The Accelera's are not going to going to compete with MPSS's if you're on a track, but real life driving and taking exit ramps at 2-3x the posted speed limit is no issue.

One of the main reasons I opted for All Seasons is because we get all four seasons here in VA, and between the seasons there can be days that are in the 60s-70s and then days that are in the 30s-40s. I don't need to worry about shredding up winter tires on these warmer days or driving on summer tires under 40 degrees that can become extremely slippery and dangerous.

I've hydroplaned slightly (for less than a second) about 3 times in very heavy rain, probably driving faster than I should have. I've read this is fairly common with such wide tires. They also handled just fine in the few inches of snow that we got last year.

I've been running them at a slightly higher PSI due to the outer front and inner rear of the tires wearing faster due to the F15's camber. This is typical across all F15's running 20"+ tires. It is nice that the are non-directional, so can be rotated from left-right or right-left.

Then there's the cost, which I know is not a factor for everyone. They're half the cost of running the recommended MPSS's and Winters.

The Accellera's have performed beyond my expectations for an All Season budget tire - I'd recommend them for sure.
Thanks for the update! I feel the same about the weather in MO.
Appreciate 1
BimmerTy191.50
      11-02-2019, 09:42 AM   #26
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Why not get the Yokohama BluEarths? They are so cheap i ordered 4 fronts and 2 rears and didn't realize it lol. Just had another forum member pick up the extra fronts. You can get a brand new set for under 1400 and that's the only way i would go with winters. All season tires are a waste, get 2 dedicated sets and keep your family safe.

Appreciate 2
EricU660.00
musa421.50
      11-02-2019, 10:32 AM   #27
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 w/MPPK, MPE & RC GTS Black

Quote:

Exactly what I’ve been waiting to hear. I’ll place an order this weekend for a set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Why not get the Yokohama BluEarths? They are so cheap i ordered 4 fronts and 2 rears and didn't realize it lol. Just had another forum member pick up the extra fronts. You can get a brand new set for under 1400 and that's the only way i would go with winters. All season tires are a waste, get 2 dedicated sets and keep your family safe.

As stated above, he (we) don’t have a true need for winter tires. I ran YBE winter set last winter and I just don’t need a true winter tire. Example...yesterday when I left for work, it was 27* on the way to work for a 40 mile commute. Then on the way home it was almost 70* for a 40 mile commute. Not ideal for summer OR winter tires, perfect for All-Season. I’ll toss a set of MPSS on during the long summer.

Cheers!
      11-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #28
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Check out Accelera Iota All Season's. They're great so far and relatively inexpensive
Where did you order these from? They’re difficult to find at the normal sites (Discount, Tirerack)
      11-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #29
BimmerTy
///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
Quote:
Check out Accelera Iota All Season's. They're great so far and relatively inexpensive
Where did you order these from? They’re difficult to find at the normal sites (Discount, Tirerack)
Try SimpleTire
2015 F15 X5 xDrive50i - M Sport - Space Grey Metallic - 21" 612M - Accelera Iota ST68's - Black Dakota - Leather Dash - Poplar Wood - Ceramic - Shawdowline - Anthracite - Adaptive M - Full LED - Executive - DA+ - Surround - HUD - Enhanced BT - Soft Close - B&O - ACC Stop & Go - Multi Contour - 4 Zone Climate - Comfort Seats - Cold Weather - Muffler Delete - Akrapovic Tips - F85 Grille - 35% Tint - BMW All Weather Mats -- Missing DHP, NV, Active Steering, Rear Entertainment, & Cooled Seats
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 11:57 AM   #30
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Try SimpleTire
That’s where I’m at, wasn’t sure about them. Good experience?
      11-02-2019, 12:19 PM   #31
BimmerTy
///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Try SimpleTire
That’s where I’m at, wasn’t sure about them. Good experience?
Yeah, no problems at all.
Appreciate 1
Violator4587.50
      11-02-2019, 03:07 PM   #32
KCTiger
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Try SimpleTire
That's where I'm at, wasn't sure about them. Good experience?
Yeah, no problems at all.
Haven't used them but carid.com has them too. At least they did.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #33
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Something about Yokohama BluEarth.. They are seasonal. Meaning, they make a batch, send to distributors, when they sell out, they're gone till next summer.

I learned that the hard way when I blew out my front sidewall from a pothole. Called every tireshop online incl tirerack, not in stock. When would you be getting more. Don't know.. Called Yokohama up, they gave me the dreaded news.

I ended up switching my fronts to Toyo G2 ice which similar thread pattern. And I ran them ALL this year thru the hot NYC summer heat and all WITH intensions of destroying them but unfortunately they held up. Just NOISY af.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 06:37 AM   #34
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

I have read nothing but good things about Accelera tires from all the online shops. Mostly from Hellcat drivers.

Somebody posted about the seasons not staying true and fluctuating in hot & cold temps, and it's true at least in the Northeast. My MPSS is in storage and if I do it again I'll do All season 6mo MPSS 6mo. Unless I step up to 22s next year then it's All seasons All year lol

Last edited by SupersixM; 11-03-2019 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 09:34 PM   #35
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

It hardly ever snows in Seattle area, but, boy oh boy, if it ever does, it's typically with a vengeance and we pay for all the past mild winters in one season. Last winter was particularly odd and we got heavy snow fall. Lucky me I had my Yokohama Bluearth and I was king of the road with my X6M! I could drive anywhere and everywhere and my neighbors apparently thought it was the X6M itself was built for winter, given the compliments I got . My other cars with all season tires bowed respectfully to my X6M.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 09:30 AM   #36
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by musa View Post
It hardly ever snows in Seattle area, but, boy oh boy, if it ever does, it's typically with a vengeance and we pay for all the past mild winters in one season. Last winter was particularly odd and we got heavy snow fall. Lucky me I had my Yokohama Bluearth and I was king of the road with my X6M! I could drive anywhere and everywhere and my neighbors apparently thought it was the X6M itself was built for winter, given the compliments I got . My other cars with all season tires bowed respectfully to my X6M.
Haha nice.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 09:13 AM   #37
KCTiger
Captain
Rep

Violator - let us know what you think after you put some miles on the new tires. TIA!
Appreciate 1
Violator4587.50
      11-08-2019, 10:09 AM   #38
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTiger View Post
Violator - let us know what you think after you put some miles on the new tires. TIA!
Will do. I’m going to sell my Yokohama BlueEarth (like new) then purchase these and see. Is it goes.
      05-19-2022, 08:46 AM   #39
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTiger View Post
Will do. I'm going to sell my Yokohama BlueEarth (like new) then purchase these and see. Is it goes.
Violator did you ever end up buying the Accelera Iotas? Would be great to hear your experience and whether you'd recommend them or not..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 10:58 PM   #40
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx5er View Post
Violator did you ever end up buying the Accelera Iotas? Would be great to hear your experience and whether you'd recommend them or not..
No, I never ordered them, I stuck with the MPSS.
      07-19-2022, 02:55 PM   #41
DallasDave X5M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MBW X5 M

I am looking for all season tires for our X5 M with 21" wheels. There seems to be NOTHING in the OEM size.

What do you guys think if I went with 275/35-21 in the front (instead of the 285/35-21) and 315/30-21 (instead of the 325/30/-21)? The overall tire diameters are close.

OEM size front is 28.9" in diameter and the alternate size is 28.7" (about 5mm difference in DIAMETER, so the radius would be like a nickel thick)
OEM size rear is 28.7" in diameter and the alternate size is 28.4" (not quite 8mm difference in DIAMETER, so the radius would be like two nickels thick)

The alternate sized tires would be Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

2016 Audi S8 Plus with Dynamic Package, APR Stage One tune, etc.

Last edited by DallasDave X5M; 07-19-2022 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 04:02 PM   #42
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018-X5M-BLK Sapphire Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrogFixer01 View Post
We went back on forth on 611's and 612's and finally just ordered with 612's, bought a set of staggered 20" reps as I already had DWS06's from a previous X6 50i. I run the DWS06's on the 20's in the winter months and the PSS's in the warmer months. Also run the DWS06's on my 550. They are great all seasons. Don't expect to get 50k on them though with a 400+ HP vehicle. Got 23k on them and down to 5/32 on the rears already. If it's an option, just keep your 611's and swap for the seasons.
This is what I do. I have a winter set and a summer set. Winters are 611 - 20" and the summer are 612 - 21". You can get a good used winter set here in the forum for around $2200. Thats what I did when I purchased the car 2 years ago. I do recall there is a company that makes the 21" staggered for the 612's but I don't remember the name. It should be in the threads somewhere as I do recall seeing it years ago when searching for myself.

P.S. I just saw you're looking for all season, I think the ones I saw back then were dedicated snow/winter.
      07-19-2022, 06:55 PM   #43
DallasDave X5M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MBW X5 M

Yeah, I don't really want a dedicated set of winter tires. Limited garage space, expense, etc. Plus we really don't get much of a winter here in the Dallas area, so an all season tire normally works really well. I have the Michelin Pilot AS4 on my Audi and love them (quiet, good ride, great traction, etc.). PLUS many of the AS tires come with a treadwear warranty.

2016 Audi S8 Plus with Dynamic Package, APR Stage One tune, etc.
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2022, 10:15 PM   #44
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasDave X5M View Post
I am looking for all season tires for our X5 M with 21" wheels. There seems to be NOTHING in the OEM size.

What do you guys think if I went with 275/35-21 in the front (instead of the 285/35-21) and 315/30-21 (instead of the 325/30/-21)? The overall tire diameters are close.

OEM size front is 28.9" in diameter and the alternate size is 28.7" (about 5mm difference in DIAMETER, so the radius would be like a nickel thick)
OEM size rear is 28.7" in diameter and the alternate size is 28.4" (not quite 8mm difference in DIAMETER, so the radius would be like two nickels thick)

The alternate sized tires would be Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+
I think you should be fine. The front/rear rotational diameter difference is 0.7% in OEM 21", which is also preserved in your combo. The change in Speedo difference due to different diameters from OEM is trivial (about 0.9 mph at 90 mph). The 315/30/21 from MP AS 3+ seems to be a newer release, and quite surprising that Michelin is continuing to invest in a "deprecated" model. I might consider this seriously as well.
Appreciate 0