BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #1
EuroCarFan
Private
40
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Anyone know this car?

Just saw this on Autotrader and was wondering if anyone on here would know anything about the car. It's modded so figured the previous owner might have been on the forum.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:08 PM   #2
DeeO
Captain
DeeO's Avatar
No_Country
322
Rep
818
Posts

Drives: Mein BMW F FŁnfundachtzig
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: I'm right here << lurking on the board!

iTrader: (8)

No not mine, but it's had 3 previous owners going on 4. And it went from FL to CA to NJ. Good luck on your search though, with odds like that, you might get lucky.
__________________
Quote:
ďSpeed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.Ē
― Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #3
EuroCarFan
Private
40
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Yeah I saw that. Just like the color combo and mods.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
F85MTuNED
Lieutenant
F85MTuNED's Avatar
375
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: ///Ⓜ️
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NY / NJ

iTrader: (0)

I know of the dealership but not the vehicle.. never seen it in the NY/NJ area so they probably just got it in from Cali
__________________
IM POOR..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #5
DeeO
Captain
DeeO's Avatar
No_Country
322
Rep
818
Posts

Drives: Mein BMW F FŁnfundachtzig
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: I'm right here << lurking on the board!

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroCarFan View Post
Yeah I saw that. Just like the color combo and mods.
Yeah the calipers look interesting. Too bad no closeup pics of the rears.
__________________
Quote:
ďSpeed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.Ē
― Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 08:23 PM   #6
ChanF15
New Member
ChanF15's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW X5 50i
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

I've seen this same X5M today at the Deluxe dealership. It seems well put together but further digging and test driving might uncover more that the eyes can't see. If you're in the market for other X5Ms here in NJ, check out this one and here's the link to it as well. https://www.mycartopia.com/used.cfm/...T6C35H0X20423/ [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 2
DeeO321.50
Logical134.50

      12-07-2019, 09:51 PM   #7
smashe
Private
6
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 2014 X5 50I M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: PENNSYLVANIA

iTrader: (0)

I urge you to stay FAR AWAY from deluxe auto sales in Linden New Jersey. I bought a car from them a few years ago and it was a total nightmare, run as far as you can from this place, you will thank me. Hell, just go read their Google and Yelp reviews if you want a taste of how shady that place is. Absolute scam artists selling beat to hell high end used cars with TONS of undisclosed damage. I can go on if need be.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #8
quick
Lieutenant
134
Rep
512
Posts

Drives: '12 X5M, '01 E55, '91 964 Trbo
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (1)

You get what you pay for..... You either pay upfront or pay later and no sir, there's no way around it
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 06:07 PM   #9
EuroCarFan
Private
40
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the inputs everyone.

-They do have a pic where you can see that the rear calipers are stock and just painted red, so it only has front Brembos
-For now, I'm not looking for white but thanks for the MyCarTopia link.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 06:41 PM   #10
tastelid
Captain
tastelid's Avatar
151
Rep
701
Posts

Drives: 2016 X5M
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: The Great Northwest, USA

iTrader: (0)

if you gotta buy it from a used car dealer, you cant afford it or youre a real gambler
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 08:01 PM   #11
StatenEye
This is actually me below \/
StatenEye's Avatar
United_States
360
Rep
2,626
Posts

Drives: X5M F85
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SI NY

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW X5M  [4.50]
2008 BMW E60 535i  [0.00]
Be careful with this dealer. They do have good cars but some do have iffy pasts but nothing you shouldn't be able to uncover with a carfax. Good luck, this is my color combo probably the best on the F85.
__________________
...
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #12
EuroCarFan
Private
40
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Be careful with this dealer. They do have good cars but some do have iffy pasts but nothing you shouldn't be able to uncover with a carfax. Good luck, this is my color combo probably the best on the F85.
Thanks. This is why I posted here hoping someone would know the previous owner and can comment on the car's usage history.

And yeah, black with red interior is top on my list.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #13
DKNewYork
Second Lieutenant
DKNewYork's Avatar
70
Rep
273
Posts

Drives: 07' M5, 17' X5M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroCarFan View Post
Thanks. This is why I posted here hoping someone would know the previous owner and can comment on the car's usage history.

And yeah, black with red interior is top on my list.
Been a while. I'm assuming you still have your M5. I see you're in the market for a X5M. Just picked up a Long Beach Blue with Aragon brown interior.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 12:36 AM   #14
EuroCarFan
Private
40
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKNewYork View Post
Been a while. I'm assuming you still have your M5. I see you're in the market for a X5M. Just picked up a Long Beach Blue with Aragon brown interior.
Hey Denny/Kenny! Long time indeed. Hope you guys are doing well.

Yeah I still have the M5. Don't think I'll ever get rid of it. haha Do you guys still have yours?

LBB is an awesome color. Congrats! I'd get that color too if it's in my price range with the right options.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 06:28 AM   #15
quick
Lieutenant
134
Rep
512
Posts

Drives: '12 X5M, '01 E55, '91 964 Trbo
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (1)

Multiple owners in performance car world is really not a big deal. When I bought my E70 X5M, the previous owner has had it for only few months. It did concern me but seeing how he had a GT3RS, a Cayenne TT-S and a Range rover, it really didn't bother me. The guy never liked the power delivery and so do I.

Just make sure it checks out OK.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 03:29 PM   #16
SmallSoldier
Registered
3
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW X5M
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: UT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastelid View Post
if you gotta buy it from a used car dealer, you cant afford it or youre a real gambler
Why would buying the vehicle from a dealer would mean that he canít afford it or he is gambling on it? Thatís a pretty stupid comment.

To the OP, if you arenít local, make sure to get the car inspected by a third party to avoid any surprises, if local... Go check it out, drive it and if allowed, take it to your mechanic... If good, get it!
Appreciate 2
201124.50

      12-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #17
EuroCarFan
Private
40
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallSoldier View Post
Why would buying the vehicle from a dealer would mean that he canít afford it or he is gambling on it? Thatís a pretty stupid comment.

To the OP, if you arenít local, make sure to get the car inspected by a third party to avoid any surprises, if local... Go check it out, drive it and if allowed, take it to your mechanic... If good, get it!
Thanks for the support SmallSoldier. Yeah I would definitely try to have the car looked at before buying it as I'm in CA and can't see it in person.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 03:38 PM   #18
pennsiveguy
Lieutenant
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
1250
Rep
585
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallSoldier View Post
Why would buying the vehicle from a dealer would mean that he canít afford it or he is gambling on it? Thatís a pretty stupid comment.

To the OP, if you arenít local, make sure to get the car inspected by a third party to avoid any surprises, if local... Go check it out, drive it and if allowed, take it to your mechanic... If good, get it!
And if they won't let you do a PPI (pre-purchase inspection) by an independent party, don't buy it.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 1
F85MTuNED374.50

      12-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #19
EuroCarFan
Private
40
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
And if they won't let you do a PPI (pre-purchase inspection) by an independent party, don't buy it.
Yep. Immediate red flag. haha
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2019, 07:50 PM   #20
DKNewYork
Second Lieutenant
DKNewYork's Avatar
70
Rep
273
Posts

Drives: 07' M5, 17' X5M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroCarFan View Post
Hey Denny/Kenny! Long time indeed. Hope you guys are doing well.

Yeah I still have the M5. Don't think I'll ever get rid of it. haha Do you guys still have yours?

LBB is an awesome color. Congrats! I'd get that color too if it's in my price range with the right options.
Thanks. Yeah still have the M5. Never selling it too. Going to do widebody and color change next season to spice it up a bit. After getting the X5M. Don't drive it as often as I'd like. Maybe the change would make me want to drive it more.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 11:18 AM   #21
EuroCarFan
Private
40
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Oooh...widebody and color change. Would love to see the results. Are you guys on the ///M5 Republic FB page? Seems like most of the members on M5Board are there now.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 05:49 PM   #22
DKNewYork
Second Lieutenant
DKNewYork's Avatar
70
Rep
273
Posts

Drives: 07' M5, 17' X5M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroCarFan View Post
Oooh...widebody and color change. Would love to see the results. Are you guys on the ///M5 Republic FB page? Seems like most of the members on M5Board are there now.
No I'm not. I guess I should go on there since M5board is dead. I'm in a Whatsapp chat with a bunch of M5 owners though. Think most of them in there are in the North East area. Haven't been active on the forum. Mostly on Instagram now. Just started going in here since I got the X5M.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST