Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftness~ View Post
This is better than reality TV where is @p1et when you need him as far as reusing your M-sport tips on a mpe muffler I too contemplated on reusing mine till I got ridiculous quotes so it was a no brainer on just getting mpe tips which were around 420$ back then seems to have dropped a bit now https://www.bmwpartshub.com/oem-part...on-18302349679 but it'd be a long shot finding someone selling just the muffler.
@P1 / P1et was banned from this section of the forum for hurting someone's feelings.

I agree, this is a crazy thread that's way off track.

OP, Good luck finding a used MPE and finishers. I love mine and will never part ways with it.

Cheers
Thank you, I know they can be tough to find. Def would love more grunt. Regarding the back n forth above - blackout was forthcoming and def didn't try to deceive me. He also hooked me up with an awesome deal on the M Performance CF mirror caps previously so I know he's trustworthy.
Thank you. Much appreciate the clarification 🙏. You're an awesome member on here to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #24
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftness~ View Post
This is better than reality TV where is @p1et when you need him as far as reusing your M-sport tips on a mpe muffler I too contemplated on reusing mine till I got ridiculous quotes so it was a no brainer on just getting mpe tips which were around 420$ back then seems to have dropped a bit now https://www.bmwpartshub.com/oem-part...on-18302349679 but it'd be a long shot finding someone selling just the muffler.
@P1 / P1et was banned from this section of the forum for hurting someone's feelings.

I agree, this is a crazy thread that's way off track.

OP, Good luck finding a used MPE and finishers. I love mine and will never part ways with it.

Cheers
By the way, you have MPPK right? If so, how do you feel about it? I have been asking everyone I can if they feel it is worth it. Subconsciously (or maybe not so subconsciously) trying to push myself over the edge on pulling the trigger on it.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 07:17 PM   #25
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 w/MPPK, MPE & RC GTS Black

Quote:
By the way, you have MPPK right? If so, how do you feel about it? I have been asking everyone I can if they feel it is worth it. Subconsciously (or maybe not so subconsciously) trying to push myself over the edge on pulling the trigger on it.
Yes I do have the MPPK and I’ve always liked it. If I had to do it over again I’d go with the MPPK as I prefer OEM. There have been a few exceptions to the OEM only rule for me, Race Chip products have treated me well.
I say go for it, there haven’t been any really negative reviews other than from people that didn’t manage their expectations well. If you read what it offers, but expect the results to feel much more powerful then that’s on you, not the product. I drive 100% of the time in ‘Sport’ mode, so I take full advantage of it at all times.

It pairs very nicely with the MPE as well.
Cheers!
      07-29-2021, 07:28 PM   #26
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I do have the MPPK and I’ve always liked it. If I had to do it over again I’d go with the MPPK as I prefer OEM. There have been a few exceptions to the OEM only rule for me, Race Chip products have treated me well.
I say go for it, there haven’t been any really negative reviews other than from people that didn’t manage their expectations well. If you read what it offers, but expect the results to feel much more powerful then that’s on you, not the product. I drive 100% of the time in ‘Sport’ mode, so I take full advantage of it at all times.

Cheers!
I second the mppk as well. If the car is under warranty, that's the best option. It isn't going to make the car fly but I like the consistency of power delivery with the mppk. The shifts are quick and smooth. I read that people have bm3 or other aftermarket tunes complained about shifts not being fast enough. I also added the RaceChip to enhance the driving experience. No complaints from me.
Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00
      07-29-2021, 07:32 PM   #27
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers!
Would you say it is a noticeable ($1500 worth) improvement in acceleration/smoothness of shift? I assume you got MPPK and MPE at the same time (and thus cant speak to whether MPPK alone also improves exhaust note significantly)?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 07:41 PM   #28
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I do have the MPPK and I've always liked it. If I had to do it over again I'd go with the MPPK as I prefer OEM. There have been a few exceptions to the OEM only rule for me, Race Chip products have treated me well.
I say go for it, there haven't been any really negative reviews other than from people that didn't manage their expectations well. If you read what it offers, but expect the results to feel much more powerful then that's on you, not the product. I drive 100% of the time in 'Sport' mode, so I take full advantage of it at all times.

Cheers!
Would you say it is a noticeable ($1500 worth) improvement in acceleration/smoothness of shift? I assume you got MPPK and MPE at the same time (and thus cant speak to whether MPPK alone also improves exhaust note significantly)?
I don't have mpe but I have an aftermarket muffler with mppk. I'm pretty sure the mpe is louder than my muffler, but mine is definitely louder and deeper than OEM. But honestly after I got used to it, it sounded quiet and I wish there was more sound. So what I'm trying to say is that mppk probably enhances the exhaust note because it produces light burbles on sport and plus modes, but it still won't make the OEM muffler sound different by much.
Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00
      07-29-2021, 07:43 PM   #29
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutF15 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I do have the MPPK and I've always liked it. If I had to do it over again I'd go with the MPPK as I prefer OEM. There have been a few exceptions to the OEM only rule for me, Race Chip products have treated me well.
I say go for it, there haven't been any really negative reviews other than from people that didn't manage their expectations well. If you read what it offers, but expect the results to feel much more powerful then that's on you, not the product. I drive 100% of the time in 'Sport' mode, so I take full advantage of it at all times.

Cheers!
I don't have mpe but I have an aftermarket muffler with mppk. I'm pretty sure the mpe is louder than my muffler, but mine is definitely louder and deeper than OEM. But honestly after I got used to it, it sounded quiet and I wish there was more sound. So what I'm trying to say is that mppk probably enhances the exhaust note because it produces light burbles on sport and plus modes, but it still won't make the OEM muffler sound different by much.
Got ya. I think I'm convinced on MPPK. Just gotta get it scheduled. Hopefully I'm able to also find an MPE on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 07:46 PM   #30
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep

I always thought the mpe sounded really good especially with the mppk. It's got that deep raspy tear in the note I like. I was set on getting it. When I went to the muffler shop to change my tips to quads I did an impulse buy when the shop guy convinced me to get the muffler he had. I'm ok happy with it, but still wish I had mpe instead
Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00
      07-29-2021, 07:48 PM   #31
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
I always thought the mpe sounded really good especially with the mppk. It's got that deep raspy tear in the note I like. I was set on getting it. When I went to the muffler shop to change my tips to quads I did an impulse buy when the shop guy convinced me to get the muffler he had. I'm ok happy with it, but still wish I had mpe instead
How tough was it for them retrofit quad tips?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 07:54 PM   #32
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers!
Got ya. I think I'm convinced on MPPK. Just gotta get it scheduled. Hopefully I'm able to also find an MPE on the forum.
Just a tip on getting the mppk installed. Make sure your dealer purchases the software and wait a day or two for activation to take place after entering the code. I had my install scheduled the very next day my dealer received the envelope in mail. For an hour plus install, turned into a 2 day loaner situation for me. They tried everything Pilsner figure out why the software couldn't be installed. They were exchanging messages with bmw headquarter trying to troubleshoot. The headquarter kept saying the order didn't exist like they purchased some bunk stuff and got scammed. We were about to give up. Then decided to try one more time on the third day, it went through. Turned out the activation took a couple of days to be recognized, then install was authorized.
Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00
      07-29-2021, 07:56 PM   #33
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers!
Just a tip on getting the mppk installed. Make sure your dealer purchases the software and wait a day or two for activation to take place after entering the code. I had my install scheduled the very next day my dealer received the envelope in mail. For an hour plus install, turned into a 2 day loaner situation for me. They tried everything Pilsner figure out why the software couldn't be installed. They were exchanging messages with bmw headquarter trying to troubleshoot. The headquarter kept saying the order didn't exist like they purchased some bunk stuff and got scammed. We were about to give up. Then decided to try one more time on the third day, it went through. Turned out the activation took a couple of days to be recognized, then install was authorized.
Interesting. Thats a good pro-tip, thanks again my friend.
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2021, 07:57 PM   #34
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
How tough was it for them retrofit quad tips?
With the muffler together it took 3 hours. Longer than I expected but they only charged me 150 for the install.
Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00
      07-30-2021, 10:02 AM   #35
parthpatel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M Sport

Quote:

Cheers!
I have MPE + MPPK. You think Race Chip is well worth it to stack?

Sorry for the thread jack, you already know how I feel about the MPPK/MPE Jmack.
Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00
      07-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #36
yewlock
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthpatel1 View Post

Sorry for the thread jack, you already know how I feel about the MPPK/MPE Jmack.
Definitinely. You will feel the improvement when you stack it.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2021, 11:51 AM   #37
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by parthpatel1 View Post
Quote:

Cheers!

No worries brother.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2021, 03:15 PM   #38
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
I have both as well, and was well worth if you are under warranty. For those buying MPPK, you only choice isn't the dealer, I bought mine from eBay member and have another forum member remote activate jr for much cheaper. I think total I paid was $700. So worth waiting and searching around.
Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00
      08-02-2021, 10:14 PM   #39
fr_tz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90/G05 50e

Garage List
2024 G05 50e  [9.50]
Hey bud, I have exactly what you're looking for but won't be unloading it until September. Not on here nearly as much so keep in touch
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00
      08-03-2021, 07:22 AM   #40
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr_tz View Post
Hey bud, I have exactly what you're looking for but won't be unloading it until September. Not on here nearly as much so keep in touch
Fritz! Its been a while! If I don't hear back I will 100% take that off your hands as that is indeed exactly what I need. Too bad I can't take your MPPK as well lol. You have my number I believe (if not lemme know and I'll text you) so keep me posted.
Appreciate 0