BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-29-2022, 12:41 PM   #23
WERND
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92

My insight is what my specs are. I used the stock setup with 25mm spacers all around for a winter setup. At which point I knew I could go an inch wider for a summer setup so I based my calculations off of that. BC Forged balked at building it but I assured them it was on me if it was wrong. A couple months later I almost crapped my pants when I bolted the rear up only to find out the rears barely touched on the inside. I quickly realized when the vehicle was lowered they would swing out. I also got an alignment and pulled the camber out. Who needs over 2 degrees of camber with a 355 PS4S!?
Appreciate 1
Chilled365.00
      07-29-2022, 01:16 PM   #24
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERND View Post
My insight is what my specs are. I used the stock setup with 25mm spacers all around for a winter setup. At which point I knew I could go an inch wider for a summer setup so I based my calculations off of that. BC Forged balked at building it but I assured them it was on me if it was wrong. A couple months later I almost crapped my pants when I bolted the rear up only to find out the rears barely touched on the inside. I quickly realized when the vehicle was lowered they would swing out. I also got an alignment and pulled the camber out. Who needs over 2 degrees of camber with a 355 PS4S!?
Ha...

What about increasing the width of the front tire? Any thoughts on that? I would want it as proportionate to the rear as possible. If I did my math correctly, proportionately it would be a 305 or 315? Would that be possible?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 06:34 PM   #25
WERND
Captain
Rep

I only go by tirerack specs and my 355s and 295s do the exact same revolutions per mile
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2022, 11:26 PM   #26
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERND View Post
So if you running stock airbags and were sitting on bump stops. Would you say the body and the plastic flares would be rubbing/ripped off by the tires when it drops?

I've recently had my airbags fail, so it's something that is fresh on my mind.

What would you say the rear offset should be if we are on stock bags and don't want to run into issues on bump stops?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 06:34 AM   #27
WERND
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
So if you running stock airbags and were sitting on bump stops. Would you say the body and the plastic flares would be rubbing/ripped off by the tires when it drops?

I've recently had my airbags fail, so it's something that is fresh on my mind.

What would you say the rear offset should be if we are on stock bags and don't want to run into issues on bump stops?
I have no idea, I'm on stock suspension but am lowered a bit (I think it was a koni kit) and I have zero rubbing issues. However I'm not sure how far off bump stop that I am. I feel like bump stop would happen before plastic was touched but that's kind of a guess based off of how I remember the info I had gathered a year and a half ago.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 10:41 AM   #28
WERND
Captain
Rep

I think the rear "pokes" about 3mm more than the front, because the front has more camber
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 07:40 AM   #29
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

WERND, I know one person in PC… looking through some of your other pictures, I see his deck/porch in the background… Crazy stuff!
Appreciate 0