FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_far View Post
Hi all,

hoping you guys can give me some advice. I bought the below set up for my E93 a fair few years ago and it transformed the audio system.

Now I'm close to buying a F15 50i with HK but in the test drive didn't like the sound of it at all. I'll test the DSP settings shared in another post to see if it helps or not. I'll be looking to sell my E93 soonish so wanted to know if I can use any of these in the F15

Now to the point. Here's the set up I've got now:

Gladen one (Mosconi) 120.4 DSP & Amp

it's a 4 channel amp and DSP

Gladen ONE 201 BMW EXTREME speakers

Semi-active System
New woofer basket
Slimmer woofer, also P&P for F 10/11..
Grill to protect the woofer
25 mm silk dome tweeter
4” shallow midrange
8” shallow woofer
2x 150/100 Watt (mid/high),
2x 225/150 Watt (woofer)
3 Ohm impedance (mid/high),
2 Ohm impedance (woofer)

Based on what I've read, the mids won't fit in F15 but what about tweeters and underseat subs?

Would I be able to add the amp to the current HK amp, open to any mix and match set ups that might improve on the HK

As you can see I don't know much about this, so if this is a fool's errand let me know
I have a 2018 X5 50i with the B&O speakers. It is better than the HK speakers. A friend since upgraded his HK speakers with the Focal Insider Premium 7.2, while keeping the factory HK amp and it sounds better than my B&O speakers. No question about it. I am planning on replacing mine with the same speakers. I believe the B&O also comes with a more powerful amp but has the same DSP as the HK.

So better drivers make a difference and if you just look at the build quality of the Focals compared to the B&O or B&W factory speakers there is no comparison - the Focals are just better. Also, if you put in good aftermarket it might make sense to also add some dampeners on the doors.

Lastly, I could do better by adding a power amp/better DSP etc, but I am just looking to improve the audio experience. I know, I'll lose the B&O light show upfront if I do a full upgrade so I might keep the B&O center.

For 2 ohm subs, you'll need a more powerful amplier and I believe they are easy to add. Do you know how many watts the HK amp is? Looks like you'll need at least 600W to drive your speakers.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 07:23 AM   #134
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
Below should be pnp with wiring and the mounting. Just check the clearance in grill and underneath.

http://www.focal.com/en/dedicated-dr...6-ifbmw-c.html
the easiest way to get a great update from any BMW OEM audio system is to just go with the Focal Inside. I agree with many of your points in that with a good installer you can go much further since every part of the audio can be improved.
Appreciate 0