BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

06-15-2019, 08:36 AM   #67
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakalika View Post
37 mpg in a full-size SUV !!!!!! I'll take that any day !!!!!!.
Yeah in average... The computer shows ~45mpg driving @65mph. I drive a lot of Freeway/Highway so that makes for that... definitely ~30% more than my E90 to put it into perspective.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #68
Lego864
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16 340i, 15 x5 35d, 11 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew77 View Post
2015 f15 64k miles fully deleted & tuned. Best move we made. Gains from Dyno +153 torque + 93hp.
It’s a totally diff driving experience and well worth it.
I see 30-32mpg in city or highway.
Engine mounts should be changed while doing the work I believe.
I’m waiting on transmission tuning and I think it’ll be complete.
Which tune did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #69
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew77 View Post
2015 f15 64k miles fully deleted & tuned. Best move we made. Gains from Dyno +153 torque + 93hp.
It’s a totally diff driving experience and well worth it.
I see 30-32mpg in city or highway.
Engine mounts should be changed while doing the work I believe.
I’m waiting on transmission tuning and I think it’ll be complete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego864 View Post
Which tune did you go with?
I'd also like to know which tune you went with, and if you did anything else in addition to a full delete and tune. Stock muffler, etc?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 11:04 AM   #70
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
I'd also like to know which tune you went with, and if you did anything else in addition to a full delete and tune. Stock muffler, etc?
Sure hope this question wasn't for me
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 05:32 PM   #71
ManImCool
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTookies View Post
Sure hope this question wasn't for me
It was for Stew77. I'd love to hear what he did to achieve +153 torque + 93h gains from the dyno.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 05:54 PM   #72
merkaba
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5d

Does anyone near New Hampshire do this? I wouldn't feel confident enough to do it myself.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 09:09 PM   #73
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaba View Post
Does anyone near New Hampshire do this? I wouldn't feel confident enough to do it myself.
Maybe I should open a go fund me deal and you all chip in for the dyno cost lol
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 07:39 AM   #74
merkaba
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Maybe I should open a go fund me deal and you all chip in for the dyno cost lol
lol, i wasn't asking for someone to do the work for free. I am would be looking for someone to pay to do the work.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 08:14 PM   #75
merkaba
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Does everyone do all this work themselves? I have a 2016 35d with almost 70k on it. I recently got a P020CF code which seems to be partially related to build-up on the injectors from what i've read. I'd like to keep my car for a long time and am considering doing a delete+tune in order to avoid these types of issues. I don't have the tools or space to do all this work myself and am trying to find someone who would do this type of work.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #76
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaba View Post
Does everyone do all this work themselves? I recently got a P020CF code which seems to be partially related to build-up on the injectors from what i've read. I don't have the tools or space to do all this work myself and am trying to find someone who would do this type of work.
I would like to help... you are just way to far away from HOUSTON TX ... lol (and yes did all of it myself)

If you have a injector problem you might want to try
a Hotshot Product, add this bottle to a full tank of diesel and it should help, at least that's what a lot of folks say. I personally had a injector code and did it which cleared the code and hasn't come back... I do expect to have a injector fail one of theses days... at 140k miles still originals...

It is a short term fix though...

Hot Shot's Secret P040432Z Diesel Extreme, 1 QT, 32. Fluid_Ounces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IUGFZJW..._KN0wDb7RY8MXN
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #77
merkaba
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would like to help... you are just way to far away from HOUSTON TX ... lol (and yes did all of it myself)

If you have a injector problem you might want to try
a Hotshot Product, add this bottle to a full tank of diesel and it should help, at least that's what a lot of folks say. I personally had a injector code and did it which cleared the code and hasn't come back... I do expect to have a injector fail one of theses days... at 140k miles still originals...

It is a short term fix though...

Hot Shot's Secret P040432Z Diesel Extreme, 1 QT, 32. Fluid_Ounces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IUGFZJW..._KN0wDb7RY8MXN
haha, yea Houston is def a longgg ways. I appreciate the fact that you wanted to help though How difficult was the work? Was it 6-8 hours for you? Did you have any help? Do you know if there are any good guides on doing the work? I know someone with a lift and am considering getting a couple of guys together to see if we can do it, but i want to have as much detail as possible ready before i go down that path.

Thank you on the link. I found some other thread related to that code and bought that exact product that you linked. It's arriving on Thursday. We'll see how it does after a couple tanks of diesel.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 10:54 AM   #78
stalkem
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 35D

MrTookies, quick questions. I've been following this along, and trying to line up everything I'll need to make these changes next year (since my CPO warranty is about to expire). For the EGR delete, you said you got it from abbes-Performance.com, but I'm not seeing any option for an F15 on there. Do you, or anyone else, have any suggestions for where to obtain the EGR delete?

Also, you said that you used the Malone Tuning for ECU. I see that there is also a ECU tuning by JRAutotuning Performance. Is one particularly better than the other?

Thanks! Looking forward to this project!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 01:46 AM   #79
KnudsonM3
MAGA
Rep
Drives: 99 M3, F15, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
I somewhat misspoke. They can disable EGR valves, so it would be as if you installed block off plates. Since most of the issues (carbon build up) are caused by EGR, this “mod” would potentially prevent issues from happening.

DEF tanks can be coded out as well. You don’t gain much there thou.
A guy at my work did this on his Jeep. I was hoping we could do this as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 12:23 PM   #80
ri0
Rep
Drives: E92 335XI 6Spd

Just did the delete on my F15 last weekend.
Used a generic downpipe I got from Ebay that was labeled as 30d 40d etc for those across the pond, fit just fine and cost me $450 cdn including shipping.

On a hoist I dropped all 6 subframe bolts and used a prybar between the right rear frame and subframe to get enough room to get the factory dpf out without cutting it, only had to remove the top half of the passenger motor mount which was 5 bolts.

Welded a generic piece of 3 inch in where my scr was and unplugged the injector for the scr.. should have left it plugged in as it created a check engine code. I was concerned about it spraying for the week I was going to drive it before the tune however.

Had the tune done remotely by DUDMD, took him 5 minutes to install software and read my ecu and then the next day another 5 to write the new info. Pretty easy!
I drove for a couple days thinking I didn't really notice the extra power increase, today after the unit was actually warmed up I put it into sport mode and its a whole different car. Launch control leaves a bit of black smoke and hauls ass.

Egr was turned off via tune, I did buy the delete kit but it looked like a huge job at the time so I left it alone.

My wife isn't super happy about the diesel smell now, should have got the aftermarket cat I guess. I hear a slight tinny rattling from the exhaust now also, reminds me of my n54 wastegate rattle. Will go back in and check bolts and clearance this weekend.

I am told there is a module to unplug near the passenger headlight to stop the scr pump from running but I am unsure about which one it is.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 03:16 PM   #81
KnudsonM3
MAGA
Rep
Drives: 99 M3, F15, F30

Rattles and smelly?

I would want to do the delete and retain the clean/odorless air.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 10:37 PM   #82
Radekxpl
The General
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 35D & E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Just did the delete on my F15 last weekend.
Used a generic downpipe I got from Ebay that was labeled as 30d 40d etc for those across the pond, fit just fine and cost me $450 cdn including shipping.

On a hoist I dropped all 6 subframe bolts and used a prybar between the right rear frame and subframe to get enough room to get the factory dpf out without cutting it, only had to remove the top half of the passenger motor mount which was 5 bolts.

Welded a generic piece of 3 inch in where my scr was and unplugged the injector for the scr.. should have left it plugged in as it created a check engine code. I was concerned about it spraying for the week I was going to drive it before the tune however.

Had the tune done remotely by DUDMD, took him 5 minutes to install software and read my ecu and then the next day another 5 to write the new info. Pretty easy!
I drove for a couple days thinking I didn't really notice the extra power increase, today after the unit was actually warmed up I put it into sport mode and its a whole different car. Launch control leaves a bit of black smoke and hauls ass.

Egr was turned off via tune, I did buy the delete kit but it looked like a huge job at the time so I left it alone.

My wife isn't super happy about the diesel smell now, should have got the aftermarket cat I guess. I hear a slight tinny rattling from the exhaust now also, reminds me of my n54 wastegate rattle. Will go back in and check bolts and clearance this weekend.

I am told there is a module to unplug near the passenger headlight to stop the scr pump from running but I am unsure about which one it is.
I'm looking to go the same route, souring down pipe from Europe for fraction of a cost of what they sell here in US. Looking into DUDMD tune as well, did you get the stage 2, how is the gas mileage after couple off weeks driving it, any side effects? Feedback much appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 01:15 PM   #83
spyderdoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d. 2016 Porsche GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radekxpl View Post
I'm looking to go the same route, souring down pipe from Europe for fraction of a cost of what they sell here in US. Looking into DUDMD tune as well, did you get the stage 2, how is the gas mileage after couple off weeks driving it, any side effects? Feedback much appreciated. Thanks
I have DUDMD stage II tune on my 2018, and it is fantastic. I have a heavy foot and my all around mileage is about 26. I did my tune at 10k mi and have put 10k miles on with the tune. No problems whatsoever.

The 2018 has a different DDE than 2014-17, so it can not be remotely tuned (yet), so if you are in a 2018, you will have to send it in to him, but super fast turn around. I think he can remote tune the 2014-2017's.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 09:13 AM   #84
Radekxpl
The General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderdoc View Post
I have DUDMD stage II tune on my 2018, and it is fantastic. I have a heavy foot and my all around mileage is about 26. I did my tune at 10k mi and have put 10k miles on with the tune. No problems whatsoever.

The 2018 has a different DDE than 2014-17, so it can not be remotely tuned (yet), so if you are in a 2018, you will have to send it in to him, but super fast turn around. I think he can remote tune the 2014-2017's.

That is great! Did you do ABC dpf delete as well or just tune?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 10:59 AM   #85
Radekxpl
The General
Rep

Question for anyone who has completed ABC DPF Delete; Has anyone one deleted DPF installed downpipe and retained factory center/mid section along with oem cat? Reason I ask is because while researching this, it seems that all downpipes sold in US do not mate with OE center/mid section, therefore most people I've seen cut OE mid section after the cat and install piece of straight pipe or weld in aftermarket cat in that straight pipe. While researching I found few places from europe that sell downpipes that mate to OE center section. It seems more cost effective and easier to complete the abc delete because then you would need just replace DPF with downpipe have it tuned and that's it while retaining OE center/mid section with the catalytic converter still in place specially if someone still desires to have CAT in place. Any feedback on this be very helpful I'm in process of trying decide which way to go, would like to see if anyone has gone that way.
Attached Images

Last edited by Radekxpl; 10-28-2019 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: picture
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 08:11 PM   #86
WinterMute
Registered
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 2018

Might have missed it but did you completely remove the Ad blue system or just leave it in but disconnected? If still in did you leave fluid in? Do you know how to drain?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #87
Radekxpl
The General
Rep

FYI DUDMD has 20% off on tune code: blackfriday at checkout, This could not have come at a better time as I'm in process of this ABC delete, for $612 you can get a stage 2 tune from Dudmd at this moment and complete you abc delete, this is awesome sale expires on Decoember 4th 11:59pm

By the way Stage 2 comes with nice power bump Stage 2+ Tune - +100WHP peak +145WTQ peak over stock !

Last edited by Radekxpl; 12-03-2019 at 08:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 11:06 PM   #88
F15Michigan
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radekxpl View Post
Question for anyone who has completed ABC DPF Delete; Has anyone one deleted DPF installed downpipe and retained factory center/mid section along with oem cat? Reason I ask is because while researching this, it seems that all downpipes sold in US do not mate with OE center/mid section, therefore most people I've seen cut OE mid section after the cat and install piece of straight pipe or weld in aftermarket cat in that straight pipe. While researching I found few places from europe that sell downpipes that mate to OE center section. It seems more cost effective and easier to complete the abc delete because then you would need just replace DPF with downpipe have it tuned and that's it while retaining OE center/mid section with the catalytic converter still in place specially if someone still desires to have CAT in place. Any feedback on this be very helpful I'm in process of trying decide which way to go, would like to see if anyone has gone that way.
Hopefully someone will answer you soon. I'll be ordering my stuff this week to get this done. As others have posted you can get the down pipes from the turbo eliminating the dpf for about $300. The new tunes I'm told you don't have to delete the EGR so I'm figuring about $1500 to make this happen. I don't know why you can't use the factory cat back? I'm going to reach out to Malone tomorrow and ask them their thoughts.
Appreciate 0